Thread: Most hated Map

Most hated Map

You all know which one I'm talking about..the map with the boardwalk over teh chemical ooze..the map you can't navigate and the map that most people just turn around and leave without even trying to finish...

Yeah...that map...(mind you a close second is that map where your user map turns into a giant square and you cant tell where you are nor where you should be going...but yeah) Well check this out...

http://members.shaw.ca/brailen

its all about that map...its got a forum too...so post your name there...and maybe something will get done about it

I've found that navigation in these maps is really quite easy:

Turn right.

Always turn right. You'll clear out the whole map. On rare occasions you'll miss a single room (due to looping room layout).

Just make sure you've taken care of any mobs on the first catwalk before you enter the first room to your right, and you'll do fine.

Akibiyori you're silly, but obviously you hate that mission map to take such pains to write a webpage chock full of screenshots like you did. I hope you never get another one.

Personally I don't mind them. I like the challenge. The only time I don't like them is when the mission is lagged. Then they are annoying.
    Marquis "Clearspirit" Pillot
    RK2 Omni Inter-Op

Lorriane "Arosabir" Cratty
    Wanna-be merchant @ Harry's Outpost!

"I was born in the dark but it wasn't last night..."

Thumbs down Pet professions much more impacted

This particular map didn't bother me too much while playing my MA character. It was a little annoying but after a few seconds of jumping and turning, I could usually get back on track. Now that I'm playing an engineer, however, I HATE this map. It is almost impossible to get your pet to follow you through the main room. And if I get caught by a difficult MOB without my pet around, there's a pretty good chance I'll be taking a one way trip to an insurance terminal.

I actually like this one... But playing mostly with my Fixer, and how high you jump is dependent on your run skill... So, it's pretty easy to run around, jumping left and right like in a plateform game

Pets

Try going trough this map with an Engineer Pet....

Then you will know what HATE is

SvUpP

Yes this map should deffently be deleted or at least altered.
    My reasons are:

1) Our guild do many team missions - And for one, its very hard for our Eng. to have his dearly "Quad_Pumped" with him because it allwasy get stuck. Secondly - Our Doc has great problems healing, because often well standing right infront of him h eget "Target out of site"

2) U allways fall down in the toxic (Quite annoying when trying to escape) - The mission pathing in this map is really bad.

3) Impossible to blitz - because of falling in water, getting stuck - Stuff like that.

4) And a personal reason is that I really dont like the Cave layouts (Exept for the caves with blueish Light and often there is "man-made" stuff in them) - I think these maps are the worst designed.
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

this is OT but i just wanted to say thanks to Akibiyori
    for his screenshots. Without them a newbie like me would never have realised that you can put things like med packs into the bar that appears when you press "Y"..now finally i can have half my screen back

This map is is my mosted disliked, simply because I team alot with my pet using freinds and this map is a pain in the butt to pet users. If solo, I dont really mind it that much unless the map has big monster type mobs that see to get stuck all the time...but still can kill you from the other side of the map.

Red face hey hey jump = run?? naaah

Wanted to get up on a thingie.. Couldn't..

Agent friend gave me feline grace.. TA DA!! Up on the thingie.

Jump is Agility?

Jump is Run?

Dunno.. But the grace got me on the thingie

Oh and as for maps, they are all pretty much the same for me.. Except one quibble.. Why does it seem that the farther you go from a whompa or grid, the smaller the damned mission is?

"ack look at all these fatestealers .. better get inside the mission.. Phew , maybe they'll get distracted while Im in here.. OH CRAP this mission is only 4 rooms !"

Then its times to be a fake-fixer and /terminate.

bleh!!! Actually i dont much care, but isnt it funny how all the aggro thingies in the area seem magnetically drawn to mission entrances?

Take a trip to Clon**** heights in your plane and look down at the mine shafts, I counted 11 Offal Lava near one.. ONE!

I hate those things anyway, that noise is gross, and they look like big maggots.. Heh.. Guess a lava should look like a maggot eh? Ok ignore the maggot thing and just remember the thing.

The central room is poorly designed. I agree.

Mostly because collision detection is so bugged. I wish they woudl remove it.