Thread: Possible Ingame action viewabl from web..

Exclamation Possible Ingame action viewabl from web..

What i envision as to what could be really cool if done right. Ever wanted to take a peek at a certain area just to see if there is anyone there? and not have to travel 14 days and 13 nights just to get there? I think funcom should setup some random camera's in certain zones, like in the city's, maybe at the areana's and a few select hunting spots where large amounts of people gather to hunt. I think it could be possible to add an object (camera) in game that takes a screenshot and sends it to a remote webserver for viewing online. I know any kind of video would be hurendous on bandwidth and its not feesable. Hell you might even just make a client always connected in certain spots (maybe like shopbot) and then put a webserver on that machine and point it to the screenshots dir. i dont know, maybe it just is a bad idea, but i think it would be cool.

You know, although a slightly different concept, my wife asked me a funny question the other day. She asked if she could go look around without having to actually buy the game, make a character, and then go play.. she wanted to just go in and watch to see if it really interested her at all. Standing over my shouldn't isn't the ideal way of checking things out. It doesn't give a person any ability to "explore" on their own.

I thought this was a funny idea at first, but maybe it would be kind of neat to have a small, free tool that you could log in and just check things out. It would either have to be something that would cause *NO* lag, or timelimited so that you could only get on for say 10 minutes at a time, or expired after being used for an hour's worth of time or something..

I understand where she's coming from. She's not a game player, she wants to see what the fuss is and I have piqued her interest. Yet, making a character and going through all the motions would probably overwhelm her before she really got to see how neat the game can be by just watching everyone for a bit.

You could modify this to fit more what you said by allowing registered users to be able to peek into the game with a login and password, but not be able to interact, just move the camera around without anyone seeing them in the game.

It's probably a bad idea, and I'm not sure I'd even want Funcom wasting time on something like that, but your post brought that thought to mind, so I thought I'd go ahead and share it..