Thread: Flingshot bugged

Flingshot bugged

Whenever I decide to use flingshot while in battle, I can only use it once.

Even thought the flingshot option become available and I try to use it, I keep getting a message "cannot use special attack until previous one has completed" or something to that effect.

This really screws up my gameplay as I am used to "watching" for that icon to not be greyed out anymore and redo the flingshot move.

Anyone else notice this with other special attack moves or is it just affecting flingshot.

-Mega

This happens with Burst and Full-Auto as well, so it looks like it effects all specials. VERY annoying and has killed me quite a few times.

Post Optical bug

As far as I know, this is only (mostly) an optical bug. Watch your chat window, if possible. After you pressed your special-key, it will be fired, but due to lack of server synchronization (that's what I heard) the symbols in the task bar are not deactivated properly. After refresh time, in the chat window the message appears 'xxx' is available. Now fire again.

Happens quite often these days, especially when message spam occurs (team/group fights).

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

not just opitical

...when you get this bug, sometimes it will clear up by simply hitting it again...

othertimes it will simply freeze out your special attacks until that mob is killed...

i haven't died because of this bug, yet...but i have gone some battles with just using my regular pistol attacks with no fling or burst....it can get very scary at times.

--------------

Programmer, "hm...i think i'll take out the 'take it easy' bug and replace it with the 'please wait for your previous attack to complete' bug...that will be cool!"

Maxx,

This is more than a visual bug. When this occurs one or more specials simply are not available. I don't use the buttons provided by the game for these specials, I just use the hotkeys. Unfortunately, the specials are not actually becoming available and I can tell the difference in a fight

Cool I can't remember where I seen it but...

I seem to remember reading a post about this bug...

If I remember right, and i'm putting it lamely, that it's caused by visual effects being off. When a mob is shown at a point but really isn't there. Then when you commence the special attack it's often wasted because the mob really isn't there. I could be wrong. Also I noticed if you try using a special attack during reload you lose it as well. This one i'm pretty sure of.

Unhappy You are right

I had some fighting yesterday (as everyday) and checked for the effect again. Megaram, Meka and all the others are 'right'. It is more than a visual effect.
    Sometimes it just doesn't show when the specials are gone off, but sometimes they are simply blocked. Well trying to fight without my Fling is not that decisive, but my Burst does contribute to my damage output (well, sometimes)!

Somebody else got an official statement or comment on this, like 'We are aware of that and working on it'?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious