Thread: Deflection Sheild Projectors broken?

Deflection Sheild Projectors broken?

Can anyone confirm whether Deflection Sheild Projectors (little Riposte-based devices you put in utility slot then right click to use - supposedly puts up a small damage reflect shield vs close combat attacks) are currently broken or am I just missing something here.

I have the Riposte skill listed on the item, put it in utility slot and get nothing but "you are unable to use this...check the item description" messages when I right click it.

Thanks,
    Private First Class Katelin "Athaclena" Demesa (Babe), Manager
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat, Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    "If at first you don't succeed destroy any evidence that you ever tried at all."

Are you using a gun? They don't work if you have a range weapon equipped. If you're wielding melee weapons or fists they will work.

So THATS it?! I've been trying to get people to tell me why my deflection sheild wasn't working, and nobody even knew what the f*ck I was talking about. It runs off of parry.

I'm gonna go try to use it w/o a gun equiped.

If it works, I'm gonna /petition (ha!) for my IP back from parry, since the only reason I got it was to save a bit of damage for when the bad guys get close (I'm an NT). At the very least they could have added that to the description. AAARRRGGGG
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Aha

Ahhh - that makes a certain amount of sense. I'll try that next time and hopefully that solves that problem for me.

I do use ranged weapons but figured the Deflection Shield might be handy when those melee mobs close and start handing me my ass like they always do. I don't mind unequipping the weapon to activate the shield as I do very little damage with the weapon anyway.

Thanks for the info.
    "If at first you don't succeed destroy any evidence that you ever tried at all."

The deflection sheild only works on melee based damage from enemies, and that is probably why you don't see any reflection messages (although I never see messages with this similar to the bracer in another thread). The Riposte skill is also like this where it will only work against melee, and if you are using melee or bare hands, and I think the deflection sheilds I have are based on that stat (not like spydr ranted about parry).
    Last edited by Karmantra; Dec 2nd, 2001 at 14:26:29.

Two different things...

There are two things two of us are talking about here - I'm talking about the Deflection Shield Projector (which is Riposte-based, reflects damage and only works against melee attacks), the one the other person refers to is the Deflection Shield which works against all damage types but only deflects rather than reflects damage, and is Parry-based.