Thread: New weapons

Smile New weapons

Is it me or are weapons lacking variations?

Like the Frosty Blades and Flaming clusb etc etc etc....

Perhaps a plasma sword that would do say Either heat or Radiation....

Or maybe both.....

Wouldn't it be cool to have a weapon that does say 66% of it's dmg as heat and then the rest as Radiation or something? or three way combinations?

It could add some depth to the combat system.... Variations of the same multi-dmg type weapons that have different percentages.... and each typs of dmg would be brought to bear vs. the appropriate AC.

Hmm...........

Cya,
    Litheria

Interesting, however they already have tons of weapons that are totally useless and most people end up using one of a very small list of what are widely considered to be *useful* weapons.

Perhaps they could just modify the useless weapons and turn them into useful ones, maybe even using some of your ideas in the process...
    Slivicon
    Atrox Soldier RK1
    Squad Commander
    Omni-InterOps
    "You can't just talk to people anymore. You have to hit them in the head with a sledge hammer. Then you'll see that you have their strict attention." -Kevin Spacey in Seven

Lightbulb Here's a thought...

Why not make those 'useless' weapons have something 'useful' to them? E.G., certain weapons out there have, as we all know, REALLY bad damage curves. Why not take those weapons (E.G. Breathing Space), and give them some kind of special? I'll use Breathing Space for this one:

Breathing Space: 90% chance the person on the recieveing end of the damage's nanos are interrupted, 75% chance they become 'stunned,' or rather, runspeed is lowered, 25% the target is paralyzed, or rooted.

Flamethrowers: Chance the target becomes, 'ignited on fire,' where they are DoT'd for fire damage every few seconds.

Bioguns: Chance of infection, or poison the target.

1he weapons: "Ignore Armor" hits. A rare hit that bypasses all AC, or perhaps, "Open wounds" or "Bleeding" effect, meaning, the target begins to bleed and loose health like a DoT.

Just a few ideas for weapon changes, rather than making more weapons.

Grenade launchers should have an AoE. Period.

Flamers should get an AoE (but always do less damage than grenade launchers), and they should have a low-dmg (relative to the attack..like maybe 10%) fire DoT, like the guy above said.

And the Bows need to be upped, as well. Some ideas i've had on these are

Perhaps the possibility of getting the arrows (or at least some) you shot into a mob back when you loot it. It's not like they are bullets, they should still be there after you use them! I don't know how feasable this would be interms of programming.

All bows (that use arrows) should do a short-duration, low-damage (relative to the attack..like maybe 10%) melee dmg DoT. Honestly, don't you think it would hurt to have an arrow stuck in your leg?!

I don't think it would be over difficult to do the DoT based upon damage dealt, considering the Blessed with Thunder bug was that the attack damage was being improperly added to the DoT portion (meaning they have a mechinism for doing it!)

I also like the ideas for the breathing space messing with casting and potentially incapacitating. They should also add another line of weapons that uses flamer ammo. The "Lucid Euphoria Gas Object" (Or LEGO for short ) that has terrible damage, but has a % chance to calm the mob, and, of course, crits should automatically calm.
    Last edited by spydr; Dec 1st, 2001 at 05:44:52.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!