Thread: A Buddy Program!!!!

Exclamation A Buddy Program!!!!

OH COMON, DONT MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!

Yu intend for us to bring ppl to your game WHEN YU CANT EVEN GET YUR PRIORITIES RIGHT!!!

Weve begged yu too fix so much stuff since yu buggered it all up, and all this yuve been working on a BUDDY PROGRAM!!!!

nice to know yu got yur priorities in place, money THEN customers, nice, reeeaaaallll nice

Thumbs down

*yawn* why do you even bother speaking you moron? Its not like the programmers/game designers are sitting there say, ha ha ha we are taking your money and doing nothing. Those guys work from 8-5 like everyone else and do their job. So refrain from showing that your a idiot, or atleast do it where people like you will pat you on the back, the A0-Basher forum.
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

Talking Gold Medal Troll Food, 5 lb. Bag

You DO realize that not everyone at Funcom is involved in coding, designing, etc AO? Cosmik, stop doing CS! You've got your priorities wrong! Go fix some bugs!

My best guess is that you're some kind of moron, probably the blithering kind (as opposed to the blathering and drooling breeds.)

Unhappy Guys, Guys! Jeez!

Ease up, folks! Look, in case it hasn't occurred to you, we desparately NEED players on AO. Between the problems and DAOC, etc., population is down, and since our game's already live/released, that puts us all in a SERIOUS bind!

Consider:

1) New money is what's paying for fixes and rev.s;
    2) These guys are working A LOT longer than 8-5 (I've worked for a game company...anyone out there have any CLUE what a 140 HOUR WEEK is?!?);
    3) As we lose players, the game grows less fun and more difficult;
    4) SOMETHING has to be done to repopulate the game, and since it's ALREADY RELEASED, the expensive marketing campaign waged by FunCom is long gone and has petered out.

I think the buddy program is a great idea! Personally, I'd prefer IN-GAME rewards (Tornquist rocks, but I'm not here for an autographed book...I want more options for my character!) How about an item, nano, some IP's, something applicable to the game?

I don't think it can EVER be too early for a buddy program with the depopulation as steep as it's been. However, it's hard to SELL a buddy on a game that's still got problems. I know Cosmik and the crew are busting their asses. Now we need some key results. If we are to be the new AO sales force, we need some selling points! :^) There are many already, but none beat a stable, balanced game.

Keep up the good work, Cos!

It is kind of scary sometimes. I remember when I could not walk through newland because of all the lag due to the dense population that was there. (and a memory leak)

I walked through Newland and Athen old the other day and saw hardly anybody. I really enjoy the game and would like to still be playing it a year or 2 from now. I am trying to get some buddies of mine back in the game. They just feel so snakebit from all the screw-ups that FC had. I realize that FC made a release date promise they felt they had to meet, but this game should have stayed as a beta for another 3 months at least. When you are playing a beta, it is ok to have alot o screw-ups, when you are paying for the game, as I have been for the last 4 months. I don't expect to have to deal with so many functionality problems.

Lets all hope it settles down and we get some new players and get some old players back.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Obitus are you on RK2 ? Newlands is always packed whenever I go there on RK1. It fluctuates but that's obviously down to the time of day, but generally speaking there is a healthy population in Newlands when I'm there.

I saw more people in beta than I do on RK2

But I am making new friends.. I am going up in levels so playin with some of the "big boys" that I used to be soooo in awe of. And really they are great folk!
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I just wish they'd have had the buddy program when I signed up all my friends..

oh well