Thread: The who, what, and where of Trimmers.

Question The who, what, and where of Trimmers.

I am an Engineer.

Just bought two trimmers:

Positive Aggressive-Defensive QL:40, cost: 54K
    Divert Energy to Offense QL:40, cost:60K

As i am lv35, this amount of money is like.....well.... very mutch.
    But i cant seem to see any significant effects.
    When a lv35 char. spends over a 100K on two items I thinks its a big thing. So the effect should be noticable, at least.

So i am wondering:
    Are trimmers bugged?

Is Positive Aggressive-Defensive the same as dragging my AGG-DEF slider to the right(how far is depending on ql)?

What does Divert Energy to Offense do(more damm., faster att., more crits.)?

Is there a range for Trimmers?

And do the new "taunt" trimmers work(and what is the ql system for making these)?

Do trimmers stack on the pet?

The user manual is, as always, very non-informative(are we supposed to have some kind of telepathy, in a game that is praised for the most varied item base. There is virtually no info on the use of different items in the user manual).

I would really like an official answer to this, as there are many rumors going around.

Question Re: The who, what, and where of Trimmers.

What does Divert Energy to Offense do(more damm., faster att., more crits.)?

i noticed the pet's doin abit more damage (instead of one hit/one miss/one miss it does like one hit/one hit/one miss now ....)

Is there a range for Trimmers?

you mean standin right next to pet or not ? i can use trimmers (as long as im in line-of-sight) wherever i want .....

Do trimmers stack on the pet?

not that i know ... but then im only using two trimmers (convert energy to offense, convert energy to hitpoints) ... could be because they sound somehow similar that i cant stack them ... i got the msg to wait for xy minutes before doin it again ....

i don't really understand the ql-level for trimmers as it seems to me they do not have any influence at all (used a ql10 trimmer and a ql30 ....)
    tradeskillz ?

never played an engi, but from what I understand the Q is %/2 of how far you can move their agro bar (Q200 would give 100% agressive). I talked to an engi one day and that is what he told me.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

In my experience there is no obvious increase while using low level trimmers, but it's very obvious when using higher level trimmers. Right now my engineer uses a ql 72 positive agg/def, a ql 42 convert energy to offense and a ql 45 convert energy to hitpoints. The attack speed increase is apparent when using my ql 72 pos agg/def trimmer.

Trimmers is the difference between a bland pet that rarely have monster aggro in teams and a kick-butt pet that tanks for the group like nothing else, at least in my experience.

Andai / Romulus

Re: The who, what, and where of Trimmers.

Originally posted by Shegrath
    I am an Engineer.

Just bought two trimmers:

Positive Aggressive-Defensive QL:40, cost: 54K
    Divert Energy to Offense QL:40, cost:60K

I just bought the same trimmers as you in the shopping channel and payed only 20k

hehe i liked that the shopbot rulez

Trimmers are one of the few things in this game that isn't bugged.

And yes, the effects aren't really obvious, but they are there, I've tried out tons of different ones. Try out a divert energy to hitpoints if you want to know the actual increase in numbers.

As for the positive agg trimmer, the max QL of those is 100. They switch the bot to the far right of the slider. Thus, 1 QL = 1% AGG.

The minimum QL for the buildable trimmers is 30. This is just hinted in the manual, not with an actual number though. So, NEVER buy a casing under QL30. And they make a difference.

You can only use trimmer of each kind at the same time. Using a new one either don't work until the timer (some has a 5 minute timer) runs out, or it will overwrite the old setting (changing the AGG/DEF to another value).

Higher QL make a greater difference.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!