Thread: Omni-Tek Police armour is bugged

Omni-Tek Police armour is bugged

Yesterday I received this Omni-Tek Police armour (the one where you should have 10 tokens to wear it) as a mission reward. Look kind of cool when you wear it

The bugg seems to be when you Zone you still have it equiped, but you can´t see it on the character. You can only see your normal armour.

Thetopcat (lvl 11, Crat)

5 minute fixes

The game is full of what software developers call "5 minute fixes".

No, 5 minute fixes don't normally take 5 minutes to repair. Sometimes they take a whole day to figure out even tho at the surface they look like something someone can fix in 5.

However, 5 minute fixes have a unique characteristic about them - they are "perceived" as being minor, easy to fix, and usually are highly visible.

These are the kinds of bugs you usually throw junior / maintenance programmers on. Why there are so many 5 minute bugs that go unfixed leaves me baffled:

1. Morphing from a plane or animal back into human form selects the wrong texture for tank armor, if your tank armor is not brown. (i.e. falls back to default tank armor texture).

2. Zoning with omni-pol social armor resets you back to your non-omni pol character, as if you never put it on.

3. Taking off omni pol social armor sometimes leaves your character as if he or she is not wearing any armor at all.

4. Rolling the mouse wheel quickly sometimes causes you to start moving forward.

5. Hitting the Q key (attack) after the flurry of blows effect has worn off (i.e. the cool down & recharge period) sometimes leaves your melee init debuffed by -150 until you zone.

6. Shopping at machines is 1 credit off. [Rounded / floor() / ceiling() error].

7. Exhaust muscles duration is 10x too long (fixed in 13.2 supposedly).

8. Martial arts "fists" stop working whenever you buff, debuff, or zone with a weapon in your hand. Probably longer than 5 minutes, but is calling the "rebuild character" function simple enough to fix this problem?

Anyhow, there's lots of examples of this. I'd rather have as many "5 minute bugs" fixed than being able to sit in chairs.

Tim

P.S. Yes, I am a software developer, and yes, I do know what it's like to work on a huge software project with over an actual measured million lines of code.

4. Rolling the mouse wheel quickly sometimes causes you to start moving forward.
    Actually, you might be accidentally pressing it. Button 3 is "forward" by default.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

>Actually, you might be accidentally pressing it. Button 3 >is "forward" by default.

I bought a new mouse just because of this. Blamed AO for my twitchy mouse. Dang it.

Tim