Thread: Social armor

Talking Social armor

Thank you Funcom for providing a wide assortment of clothing we can use to customize the look of our characters, but ...

What is the deal with "social armor"? Currently, this armor can not be worn with any other clothing. This includes armor, non-armor clothing, sunglasses, and bracers. This is very frustrating. I thought that the intent was that this clothing not be wearable with armor. Ok, that makes sense .. does that mean that this is a bug? Why should I not be able to wear my new 250k swimsuit with a visor and boots .. seems odd. This was working, but now its not.

I'd like to propose the following change: allow social armor to be worn with any combination of clothing, just not armor.

Is there any response to Funcom as to whether this is a recognized bug, or if this is working as intended?

- Szentisha.

I read a really good idea about this problem in another thread. Here it is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Nintauri

I think Funcom made this change to give more variety in the wearing of different social items. I have to agree with that decision since it gives you the ability to look somewhat unique. The problem with this is it requires you to de-equip armor you were more than likely buffed into.

My solution is this:

Simply add another tab to the avatar window entitled Clothing. Then allow players to equip there social armor in this tab. To switch between what is displayed simply add a check box to this new tab that says display social clothing. End of problem....

What does everyone think?
    I hope Funcom decides to do something like this.. I thought it was a great idea.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

I agree: Social cloth could be beter...

The actual problem with them is simple imho: no one (or very few) can bother to remove all the cloth and implants just for that look. It needs tons of bag space, plus long and inventualy expensive work to change back to commbact suit.

However, it could be very cool to wear them in town... The look can realy be fun in that game. I definitly agree that social cloth can't be combact one. But, why not allow us to wear it "above" our other cloth, like it was for the swimming suit, but nullify all the armor effect when wearing a social cloth? That way, no one could fight with them, but we could wear them, however...

Sounds simple&easy to me...

Bump
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)