Thread: Heros?

Heros?

I play these games to be a hero. To overcome. To win the battle.

I don't want to be the underdog in the game, I am an underdog in RL.

I had only a little time to play today and none of my firends were on so I decided to take a mission. I left it sitting right in the middle of difficulty so that I could do it, chose one in Omni forrest and started out. The first monster is a claw he is yellow to me and when I hit the T the circle is one above the line. This should be doable. It was not. I am a level 68 enforcer all my armor is QL 71 or better and I have a lvl 70 2hb weapon at this time. This claw kicked my butt up between my ears. I had no chance what-so-ever. Mongo 3 times in a row for the heals and he is still at higher life than I am.

I feel there is something wrong when I have to "twink" my charachter with significantly higher level equipment to do an even difficulty mission from the individual mission term.

When I started this game, it did a good job and I was the hero. Now, it is as frustrating and difficult as RL and the question occurs why should I be paying for more stress. Several of my friends have left AO for DAoC and I think at this point a visit tho their homes is in oders to see DAoC before I buy it. I bought AO sight unseen before the servers were even up and running, and now I think that might have been a mistake.

agree

This game started off making you feel like you could do something, like you could over come and with a little thought have a great character that was fun to play, even solo. But the 12.6 and 13.0 patches and all the little tweaks have kept erroding that.

Personally i'm getting really tired of being smacked down because the players are smart and having fun. Makes not sense to me, if it's an exploit sure by all means fix it, but making the game harder for everyone because a few people excel at it and have a lot of time to play?! This makes absolutely no sense.

Introducing bugs, and not repatching so that at least the bugs aren't there till the patch is actually ready? Why does FunCom for us to deal with their mistakes without any eta for a fix?

Human models are on PvP rules now.... grrreat, for some reason Claws seem to fall into that too ( from my observations ). The advantage to playing a melee class was supposed to be that while you had to close to do damage you you did substanitially more damage the someone using root and shoot. That's a dead issue now, I close with a ----|-o--- human model that's anything other then one of the low hit point classes and i can count being one dead melee.

The patches need to be TESTED.

The player level of enjoyment is more important they FC's vision of how the game "should" be played.

The reason we play needs to be remembered, to strive, to achieve, to become, not to be picking our things up out of a reclaim booth yet again.

Don't become so concerned with people that level faster then the designers intended you lose sight of the rest of us that *where* having fun going at our own pace. In general your long term customer base are the ones that play because the game is fun, take a year to hit 200, and then do it again because it was fun the first time.

The game has provided things like buffs and implants BECAUSE of the mob difficulty. Because of the nature of AO, its roll-based combat, there is no real sort of ability to have AI. So they must make the mobs stronger at the same level as you, in order to balance it out.
    But, the fact is, the ability to survive has been provided to you. If you simply refuse to do it, then that's your choice, but you aren't going to have any fun.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Re: agree

Originally posted by Cheetra

Don't become so concerned with people that level faster then the designers intended you lose sight of the rest of us that *where* having fun going at our own pace. In general your long term customer base are the ones that play because the game is fun, take a year to hit 200, and then do it again because it was fun the first time.
    That about sums it up.

I feel like they are changing the game so it is harder for the power gamers that sit and crunch the numbers to get every last drop out of their char. and lvl as fast as possible. Those players will race threw the lvl's to 200 and be done. Mean while the guy that started at the same time and is now only lvl50 or so cant find a way to progress. Even the lowest lvl mobs to get xp from now have insane AC, HP and abilities. Any weapons s/he finds are kinda worthless and the skills he has spent countless ip points on are also just as worthless.

yup...that will slow down the power gamers... will leave all the non-power gamers out in the cold though.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Xombie,

You're making a pretty big leap there, I know Budi personally and she's a heck of a good enforcer. Me personally the LOWEST ql peice of armor i'm running is 7 ql's higher then my level, I'm a MA using a Fist buff that most MA's can't doo until into their 90's, and i'm 78th. I'm FULLY implanted, armored and loaded for bear.... so i think your assesment is waked.

It only takes one mob +2 pips, say an enforcer, to kick my hinny into next week, while i barely scratch them. Yep, i can rip greens apart, so can Budi. But when one npc on a 50% mission can kill you with nothing you can do to take them down, that's just plain wrong.

I submit to you that the tools are NOT there to suceed any longer. That FC saw how those players that where playing the power gamer where doing it, and broke out a nerf bat that has effected all of us AGAIN. And to take it one step further the amount of cash you could make on a mission was *at the same time* nerfed. What does that mean? People that aren't twinked out of their minds already aren't going to able to consistantly run 50% missions, and those that can't will make even LESS cash, making it take longer to get any where but to a reclaim booth.