Thread: haly and deegee leaving rubi-ka soon :(

haly and deegee leaving rubi-ka soon :(

for those few of you still around who know us, deegee (daddysgirl) and me (formerly jaliera, now halyera) are going to be departing rubi-ka some time in the near future.

(ooc)
    im sorry that its come to this. but im afraid that our beloved rubi-ka is now but a thing of the past. at first we were unable to be on as much as we wanted to be. but as we saw the way the world was changing, first from the effects of notum wars and the increased emphasis on pvp, and then later from the devastating effects that shadowlands had on both gameplay and the kinds of people available to play with, it became more and more difficult to -bring- ourselves to log on, because what we wanted to experience simply wasnt possible anymore.

i -loved- being a part of da. i loved getting to know and be friends with all of the "old gang" from before thyme left as leader, and from the two or three leaders after that i actually enjoyed the drama and conflict negotiating between aktrez and da. i miss the swirling, socially dynamic place that rompas and babs used to be.

and i miss you most of all, donnie

but im afraid that now, especially with the way da has apparently "died", when i log on i feel only sadness and loss. i mourn for the world that we used to be such a part of. there was a time when it seemed everyone either knew me and deegee, or knew -of- us thru our associations with the social heavy-hitters of the time.

now, no one knows me, and i know few people if any. the few people i do know are hardly ever on when i am.

this is very painful for us. we have made many -very- good friends, close friends whom we will feel the loss of in our lives even tho we may not have talked to them much of late.

i just want you all to know that you, my old friends, have made an incredible difference in my life. when i first started ao, i was painfully shy and skittish, practically afraid of my own shadow. now, after having become friends with you all, i am now much more like the woman i once was, and who i hope to someday be again. and it was due to your support, your friendship, your trust, and your love that i have been able to grow and change and become stronger than i was.

we will always remember you. we will always love you.

*huuuuuug* be well. be happy. maybe we will meet again some time in another world. theres always hope for the future

(a special thank you and deep huggles to: doncarnage, taboo, miss maul!, thyme, valaik, nevver, ditzie, mythia, lupoh, shy, altie, wolfmann, fixterflux, garyn (sounds fun!), rattlis, nastasha, kittensoup, blackpetal, tristalyn, belanna, trybes, cateula, threx, banzaire, garv, deuscloud, sterex, kaitakait, kupotek, omicron92, rejekted, shizhima, trellame, barlau, tynchre, anval, dovve (tho we never met), the evil sezmra, and all of the other da-ers who remember our names, and their alts)

we will miss you all
    Last edited by Halyera; Feb 17th, 2004 at 21:23:12.
    jeepers

*former soldier, now adventurer
    *were-leet and defender of leet-kind
    *proud member of devils advocates

Unhappy *sniff*

I too will miss all of my friends on AO. I wish I could go back to the early days, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Above all, I will miss Don. He has been a very good friend and I wish we could have been there more for him.

Haly and I will probably be on, here and there, until the beginning of March, to say goodbye to people in person. Hopefully, we'll see all of you before we leave, but if not, we love you all and wish you all well.
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

(( I do not know you, but sad to see someone go. Good luck on whatever you do. Good bye. ))

Aww! I'm sorry to see you two go!

Things change and, unfortunately, DA changed for the worse or didn't change to evolve - I don't know which. Either way, change happened and it was time for something new.

You two were always a great part of what made DA what it was. You were fun and, at the same time, were the voices of reason that kept the rest of us from blowing ourselves up.

Rubi Ka hasn't been as bright in your absense and will definitely remain a little dimmer now that you are leaving.

Good luck, Haly and DeeGee! I'll miss you!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

((I'm SO sorry to see you two leave... there's always a place for you in TLO if you change your minds, but I know it wouldn't be the same... Devil's Advocate, in it's heyday, was certainly something special...
    ((You two will be missed, but I'm saving a spot on my friends list for both of you, just in case. >_^ Have fun wherever your travels take you next...))
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

ooc

I'm also sad to see the two of you go. Some of the best times I've had grouping were our 'best friend / girl's night out" missions, even when they ended in disaster. I'm happy that I got to know the two of you, and wish you both the best of what life has to offer.

Take care of yourselves.
    Last edited by Ditzie; Feb 15th, 2004 at 18:52:22.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Ooops - double post
    Last edited by Ditzie; Feb 16th, 2004 at 18:00:15.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Originally posted by Ditzie
    Ooops
    "Ooops"?!?
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

i come back, and ya'll leave....i see how it is.....
    <sighs> i do wish it was possible to get DA back up and running....but the only way that will ever happen is to get Thyme back...and i dont think that will ever happen <frowms and looks around> blah
    Kult TL6 Doctor
    Taboo TL5 Agent
    Okkult TL4 Martial Artist
    Originalsin TL4 Shade
    Tabbo TL4 Trader
    Tabbers TL4 Soldier
    Omicidio TL3 Fixer
    Misdadig TL1 Fixer

/ooc

Dun leave Haly
    Another ol' dog leavin will only hurt what is trying to come back to life. The good ol' AO isn't completely lost... you can still bring it back!!!!

I'll miss you a lot if you do leave though... I can't describe it but it does sadden me deeply >.<

If you get online one more time before you poof... please... send me a tell

were both really sorry to go.

and the responses from our friends who have posted make it all the harder, but im afraid its as good as done at this point.

im sorry to have missed seeing you tabs. you know how much you mean to me and im glad to see you again even if its on the forums *hug*

whaynn, if i get on the game again before we finally leave, ill try to get in contact with you (even tho it sounds like youre gonna try to convince me to stay on) ;P

again, we would both like to tell yall how much you all mean to us. deegee and me have made some really amazing friends here. i hope that we can all find each other again some time soon

love from us both
    jeepers

*former soldier, now adventurer
    *were-leet and defender of leet-kind
    *proud member of devils advocates

/me huggles Haly

Definately going to miss you hon! Even though you won't be on Rubi Ka, stick around here on the grid so we don't wonder what happened to you, ok?

/me squeezes
    Fransisca "Mythia" McKesson
    Meta Punter Of Rubi Ka

Unhappy Why do I allways miss the good stuff?

I thought you had left a long time ago. I guess it was just bad timing. Now knowing that you were always there within reach of even a buffered message makes your parting all the more painfull for me. I enjoyed our talks and time together making fun of life. I will truly miss you both.

One last leer.

/me leers appreciativly at the girls.

Good bye Haly and DG.
    Shizhima, 148 MA, Atlantean

President of the Sei-An Magistrate

There's nothing I hate more than racism hidden behind the words "Racial Pride".

(( I have to crawl out of my hole and respond.
    Decisions like this can be very hard to make, Haly. Be sure of what you want and stick to it. I know it's hard to not buckle.. especially when it comes to places like AO.

Good luck wherever you go and in whatever you do, online and off.

We'll miss ya.

[and evil!? Hmmph ] ))
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie