Thread: /org leave and /org create BROKEN

/org leave and /org create BROKEN

Ok, tried to leave a guild. Got a message saying I left, but still had guild chat and player info on me showed I was still in the guild.

Tried creating a guild. got a full group of people together. All were never clan before, and never in a guild before. I got a message back saying "All members must be of the same side, not in a guild, and you must be in a full group" blah blah blah. In essence, just type the command when you're not in a group..that's the message I got.

I find this RIDICULOUS that a bug so OBVIOUS would make it past the test server. This absolutely shouldn't be. You have a test server...you have people on it. You need to get the dedicated people on the test server organized to test each thing you put on the test server before putting it live. I've been trying for a week now to find people to create a guild. I finally get them all together, and it doesn't work?

I don't level anymore since you borked my 'crat to hell, so I'm not even going to comment on all the other junk people are complaining about. Suffice it to say that your QA system is either THE most incompetent group of idiots I've ever seen, or you have NO QA process whatsoever.

I figure the only reason I play this game is to see how far down the abyss you guys go before realizing you're screwing up what could have been beautiful.
    Last edited by Kaine; Nov 15th, 2001 at 23:12:45.

*BUMP*

'Cause I care about floppy eared bunnies who offer me red and blue pills.
    You ask me if I have a gimp complex? I AM gimp!

Just an FYI... most of this stuff WAS discovered on the testserver and reported ...Funcom decided to go live with it anyway. This is one of the things that has the testers pretty pissed-off lately...

Figured you'd like to know who REALLY was to blame....
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

Funny, I remember seeing a post from CZ (I think?) stating that they had tested the new guild changes on the server and they were working splendorifically! (my edit on that word). Now, if they had REALLY tested it on the test server and it worked, then one of these three beautiful ladies are holding a cue card that is a lie:

A: Something horrible happened when they copied the files from the test server to the live servers. Blame malicious trolls.

B: They didn't copy the code from the test server, instead using grandma's secret recipe for c++ fricasse.

C: The boys at Funcom are being naughty naughty and aren't telling the truthy wuthy! Shame shame! Now you go stand in the corner and think of a good reason why I shouldn't send you back to your job as an AOL programmer.

Now, I don't know about you, but these options are ALL so wonderfully gooey, I just want to wrap them all up and snuggle them close....before I whip out my chainsaw and have a party.
    You ask me if I have a gimp complex? I AM gimp!

Funcom

I get the feeling that Funcom is relying so heavily on the story that they can't delay a patch. They have absolutely nothing else going for them (except good graphics). Therefore, they ignore their testers and put whatever they've managed to throw together in time on the live server. Horrible way to run the show.

I think Taelyn hit it right on the head...
    Well, at least they aren't patching on Fridays anymore....oh, wait...
    Former Omni Prime Minister, The Hand of Chronos- aohoc.tripod.com

as an add on

you also cant add anybody into the guild either