Thread: Lord of the Beasties Arrives in Shadowlands

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Lord of the Beasties Arrives in Shadowlands

Lord of the Beasties Arrives in Shadowlands
    Reporter Steve "Lord of the Beasties" Ertwink - Independant Reporters of Rubi-Ka

When I stepped off this 'ere shuttle for the Shadlowlands, I wasn't real sure what I was gonna be gettin' meself into. It ain't every day ya get ta see new critters in their natural 'abitat. When this job came up on me comblock, I damn near bit me lip off with excitment, and ain't it a ripper. Crikey, just seeing what nature had ta offer had me gaping like a stunned mullet.

So 'ere I was, standing on this teeny weeny bridge lookin' around at the view, when this Doc straps on some bracer to me 'and, tells me about checkin me vitals, too right ya know. This 'ere is the land of surprises, and I was out to find me one.

Not even a hop skip and jump away and I find meself face ta face with a Collier! Ya could've knocked me over with a tree branch I tell ya now. Snakes in me humble experience ain't real sociable creatures but these blighters were all over the place. Huge teeth and shinning green scales I just 'ad ta get in fer a closer look! Crawlin down on the ground, I imitated the lil fella waving me hand too and fro, and bugger me if it ain't come right on over and given me a love bite! I figured this was as good as a G'day I was gonna get, and left the lil guy alone.

Now I don't know 'bout you lot but their is nothin' like a three foot spider that just gets the heart racin'. Bewdiful! Check out the legs on that ripper next time ya see one, better yet, get down on ya knees and take a real good look at the underbelly. Sensational! Best way is ta poke it with a big stick, but remember, this vicious spider can be a deadly enemy, watch the pincers, they can bite through ya skin, tear yer arm off and kill ya real quick.

This is the place dreams are made of mates.
    My name is Steve Ertwink, I'm excited, are you?

Editors Remarks: Steve hearalds from Regulas and is working with Marta Conejo and other Zenobioligists to explore and catalogue the new fauna and flora in the Shadlowlands. No stranger to Rubi Ka, this is the reknowned Beastie Masters third visit and as he says 'definately not the last!'. We here at the Indpendant Reporters of Rubi-Ka are pleased to have Steve with us, and look forward to publishing the accounts of his travels throughout Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Sep 26th, 2003 at 17:20:12.

I'm excited about the follow-up on this
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

((Read that in the voice of The Crocodile Hunter, and its a great laugh.))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

*applause*

Fantastic, lively reporting!

Absolutely sensational!

MORE MORE MORE! Give us MORE!

[OOC: Wonder if the Devs will ever make a "Big Stick of Poking" which has a modest Adventuring and Run Speed modifier on it.]
    Last edited by Nepenthea; Sep 28th, 2003 at 05:11:27.
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

I am also waiting for more adventures storys from steve, great article, best ever!
    -Be one with the poptart-
    Poptart-fu Master "Thundera" leet My Journal

For Testlive info please check out:www.anarchyonline.ORG

((brillient, good old Steve Austin hits SL...definatly needs to be read in an Australian accent hehe))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

[One word: HAHAHAhahaahahhhahhaahhahahahaha]
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

(( Very nice ))
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Originally posted by Nyadach
    ((brillient, good old Steve Austin hits SL...definatly needs to be read in an Australian accent hehe))
    Steve Austin eh? *hears Six Million Dollar Man music in the background*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Originally posted by Catalyste
    Steve Austin eh? *hears Six Million Dollar Man music in the background*
    ((eek, now I'm more confused than normal. ...wasn't the nutty australian guy who wrestles crocs and pokes snakes etc also a steve austin? or was that cosmik :P ahh yes, he never did it in a thong though))
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!