Thread: Blix01's past; a running investigation

Blix01's past; a running investigation

(( a RP to be played out on ao-outzone.com. It wont be your typical scenario. what else would you expect from Outzone, eh? ))

=================

Scandal is nothing new to Cristobal 'blix01' McCovery, nor is the persistant rumors of deviant behaviour that has constantly been a fixture of his public life. We have all heard the denials and dismissals of these rumors, but they don't seem to ever go away, now do they?

They all center, as you are well aware, upon the decadent debauchery of his youth. A youth spend in the friendly company of some unusual characters at Harry's outpost.

We all know that Harry has been involved in some pretty unusual things, but that alone doesn't mean that Blix01 is any way involved. Now does it?

Not that we would doubt our tree hugging admin's purity, but an opportunity has come up for us to do a little investigation.

It seems Harry and his gang have yet again run into some legal problems, and a lot of material has been confiscated by Omni-Tek that might, or might not, clear up some of those nasty rumors.

If any of my trusted readers would like to contribute a lead, anonymously of course, feel free to drop my an email here on Outzone. I never reveal my sources.

In the meantime, Im going to make a few phone calls to my friends at Omni-Tek to see what they can tell me.

One thing is for certain; there's always a little bit of truth behind even the most outrageous rumor.

-NewsHound.
    =================

ogging started 4/10/2003 4:06:15 PM
    [04:06 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: Newshound! bout time you showed up
    [04:06 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: Hi blixey honey how you doing?
    [04:06 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: not too pleased
    [04:06 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: no? why's that dear?
    [04:06 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: you know why.
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: really now. do I?
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: This wasn't what we agreed to.
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: what do you mean?
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: You know what I mean! stop the games! I read your story
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: oh that
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: heehee
    [04:07 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: I figured you'd be pretty upset
    [04:08 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: I'm sick of these rumors. and I don't need you digging up dirt.
    [04:08 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: but that's what I DO! My community needs me.
    [04:08 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: There is no proof.
    [04:08 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: proof of what? I have no idea of what you're talking about.
    [04:09 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: cut the crap.
    [04:09 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: you are digging into my past. I don't appreciate it.
    [04:09 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: I am a honorable member of Desert Winds.
    [04:09 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: I don't need your rumors destroying that.
    [04:09 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: Rumors? well if they are just rumors, you have nothing to worry about do you?
    [04:10 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: who have you spoken to?
    [04:10 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: well you know know Harry got arrested, don't you?
    [04:10 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: yeah yeah. so?
    [04:10 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: you spent time with his crowd. I know that much. people talk
    [04:10 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: don't go there.
    [04:11 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: Darling, Im there.
    [04:12 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: you'll get nothing on me. there is just rumors, that's all
    [04:12 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: uh huh
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: besides. its nothing illegal. I don't think.
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: it?
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: oh shuttup.
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: you like your profession dont you?
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: umm yeah.
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: why?
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: all your nano programs. especially the morphing ones
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: hey!
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: shuttup.
    [04:13 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: Last time, drop it
    [04:14 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: yeah yeah. gotta run deary
    [04:14 PM]: [Outzone] Blix01: I mean it Newshound. investigate something else
    [04:14 PM]: [Outzone] Newshound: buhbye. <hug>
    =======================

(( I will sync occasional updates here if you folks are interested. But those who are interested in seeing/reading/experiencing it all as it plays out, feel free to check out the site. *Everyone* is welcome ))
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Blix investigation
    Notes/Evidence - Luis "Newshound" Thompon

Security system infiltration, BioPharm Industries, ICC. Housing unit 4, Seg5, Omni-Prime:
    Audio/Visual/Tactile scans.

She worked quietly at her desk in the overized housing unit. Obviously a reward for her years of loyal service. On the wall behind her, several certificates of educational merit, encirculing a corporate emblem of BioPharm industries ICC, Proud Subsidiary of the Omni-Tek Corporation. The room is sparcely furnished, but what few items exist are ornate and of significant value. The desklight reflects coldly off of their surfaces.
    On the desk are a few items, computer console, a company issue stim injecter, several paper stacks, neatly organized to the rear of the desk. Behind the stacks, hidden from view are two pictures. Once of a young Cristobol "blix01" McCovery, standing with then friend Gary "Acerobollos" Bannister, and the second picture is of a farm landscape with an older man standing and smiling amongst a herd of goldhorns.

She lifts her head from her notes and stares at the computer screen.

"Blix01, Rubi-Ka please" she speaks to the console.

after a few minutes delay, a voice is returned.

"Mother? what is it?"

"Hello Cristobal, my son. I must speak to you and advise you on some issues" The woman said in an unintential, but ever common tone.

For several seconds there was simply silence.

"Mother I cannot speak now, I am helping some friends on a serious matter."

Without a pause, the woman returned, "No you are not, dear. We must talk."

Blix01 voice began to waver slightly, knowing that the inevitable conversation was on him, "..you heard about Formans?"

"Yes, yes I have. It was a tragedy, I must say. Why havn't you told me of this?"

"Mother please, I am better now. There are no problems"

"They betrayed you."

"No mother, I'm better. There is no worry"

"Think Logicly, Cristobol. Don't let your emotional attachment cloud what is there".

"They saved me mother, I can trust them."

"Logicly. Who brought you to Formans?"

Cristobol struggled not to answer. Over the speaker you could detect the initial distress in his voice begin to turn into a controlled panic.

"It was a group decision. We needed to investigate the.."

The woman cut off Blix01 in mid-sentance: "Investigate what? That facility is Omni-Tek. If you have any questions about it, you come to me. You know that. You were not investigating anything. You were led there to kill."

The accusation was met with silence. The logic was beginning to take effect.

The woman continued "They led you there, and then they made you shoot people. Loyal Omni-tek employees who were helping me with my studies. They were helping your Mother, Cristobol. and you killed them. Your so called friends made you commit awful crimes against your own ideals, the governing body that protects Rubi-Ka, and your own mother. Is this what friends do?"

Silence.

The woman continued "Its simple Black and White, dear. You must see it"

Blix01 finally was able to respond. "They helped me get better. I spent time in the care of Malcom "Drtiny" Neblett and he was able to help me."

"Ahh DrTiny he was a high ranking Desert Winds member, was he not?"

"Yes, yes mother! he helped me"

"He's not with you now though, is he? He left your group. He left his neutrality in the dust"

"..mother please. please dont say that"

"He is now helping the Clans, just like Acerobollos, who you trusted. They didn't help you did they? Your logic will help you see."

"What would you have me do? How can I make this better" Blix01 said, as he finally broke down into tears and gave up all defenses against the cold logical offense that the woman was delivering.

"I am here to help you, Cristobal, you know that. You must come to me, and meet with my associates here. We can help you deal with your struggle. We can help you save Rubi-Ka"

"I can't do that mother, not now. Can you not just help me by visting?"

"You know I cannot do that. You know my contract does not permit me frequent visits. So please, you must come here"

"But You are in Omni-Prime! I might get shot. Even you would not be able to protect me from those who consider me a rebel."

"I will have a Omni-Tek application waiting for you. Once your shuttle lands, I urge you to sign it at once. Then we can talk. Then you, and I, with the help of BioPharm Industries can work towards establishing the ecosystem that you've dreamed of. Right there on Rubi-ka.

"How mother? How will we do that?! How can that be true?"

"I can't discuss it here. You must find your way to Omni-Prime. You must leave these so-called friends of yours at Desert Winds, and you must abandon their feeble attepts at disrupting our efforts"

"What?! Desert Winds is working to establish the ecological stability that I've,.. that We've always wanted!"

"BioPharm Industries plan is better. You must come here at once. Leave them and say NOTHING about this conversation. Goodbye dear. I must go now"

"Mother, I lov...."

The conversation was ended as the woman tapped a key at her computer console. She sat for a moment, rubbed the tear from her eye, with a shaking and clenched hand, then exited the room.
    ======================

Blix investigation
    Article Notes/Evidence - Luis "Newshound" Thompon

Security system infiltration, Home of Gary "Acerobollos" Bannister, Tir, Rubika:
    Audio/Visual/Tactile scans.

A typical engineering residence, the home is small, and even the main sitting room has a workbench with various robot parts. The environment clearly indicates that Acerobollos (Acer), like most devotees of the Engineering profession loves his work.

On the main display console, Clan news scrolls, while in the lesser consoles sitting arrayed at the workbench, instructional material displays the latest techniques in various engineering arts. Acer works diligently at a bench, taking in the satisfaction of the work he is doing for his Clan. He is meeting his objectives and considers himself on track to fulfilling most of his lifetime goals.

Household security system: "Entry request: Christobol, blix01, McCovery"

"What?!!" Acer said to himself, and confusing the security system.

Household security system: "Entry request: Christobol, blix01, McCovery"

"Granted"

With that, Blix is granted entry into the house. He glances to the walls to either side, of the hallway to the main room. The dirty walls, and stacks of trade journals to each side gives him a sense of claustrophobia. He stops at opening to the main room where Acer sits wide eyed and baffled.

"Aren't you going to invite me to sit down?" Blix grumbles.

"uhhh, what are you doing here?!"

"I'll take that as a yes.", and with that Blix slouches in one of the wooden work bench chairs at the opposite end of the room.

A few moments of awkward silence was broken when blix01 spun around and typed mindless keystrokes into a computer console.

"don't do that"

"huh?"

"the typing. you are messing up my report"

"Oh. sorry"

and finally, Acer got to the point; "Why are you here?"

"What, aren't you happy to see me?"

"uh. no."

Blix didn't respond. He just lowered his head again, and paused. then began typing mindlessly at the computer keyboard again.

"Stop that"

"huh?"

"You are typing again. you're messing up my report"

"oh. sorry. uh..Got something to drink?"

"yeah, Let me get you a beer. ", Acer said as he got up and headed to the refrigeration unit.

An almost instantaneous feeling of dread overcame Blix as relived the fears and torment of his distant an immediate past. The realization that he was now sitting in Acer's house; The man whom he abandoned years ago to pursue his militant eco-stability goals, was now offering him a beer. It was time to come clean about what was going on.

Acer returned, sat the opened beer can in front of Blix, and reached over to disengage the keyboard. Blix closed his eyes and savored the feeling of having Acer close to him. It was a feeling that he only now realized that he missed. Acer returned to his own chair at the other side of the room.

"So what is it Blix? why have you come here?"

"You know that Newshound has been doing some snooping around?"

"yeah, I know. She contacted me. I said I didn't know you. What's this about?"

"you know"

"no. No I don't Blix, what IS this about?"

"The Harry's incident. The Omni-Tek guy, you know."

Acer's eye flashed to a second computer screen, which displays the security setting for the home.

"Blix, the security settings in this room are set to standard. I just want you to know that. I am not increasing security. Clan's frown on that. Especially when a Neutral is present in the area. So therefore: 'no I have no idea what you are talking about'."

Blix nodded in agreement. It wasn't important to relive that event anyway. And the less material offered to NewHound, the better. His mother's career, and life would be jeopardized: Not to mention his own. Blix knew that NewsHound's investigation risked setting off more than mere embarrassment.

"Well I'm thinking of leaving Rubi-ka for a while. I think I've been betrayed"

"Poetic justice. Blix, its about time you felt some of the pain you've caused" Acer said, in reference to his own abandonment.

Blix continued to tap at the now disabled keyboard. He took another sip of the beer.

"Yeah, well I'm sorry about that. I.."

Acer cut him off mid-sentence "Uh ohh! You're sorry?! The Blix I know would never have said he was sorry for pursuing his agenda. What's wrong?"

"Did you hear about my Foreman's raid involvement?"

"Yeah, awesome. I didn't know you had it in ya, to take out a bunch of Omni-tek goons. It sure did a number on ya though, didn't it?" Acer laughed, not realizing the magnitude of the problem.

Blix pushed the keyboard aside, and said point blank "I think I'm going to Omni-Prime and might even become an Omni-tek employee. I need to speak with my mother about it".

"I'd be surprised if you'd do that, Blix. You mother might be a strong influence, but she's not strong enough to drive you to that! You would have signed up for Omni-Tek years ago if that were the case"

"We'll see." Blix replied sadly.

The sad inflection was not lost on Acer, and it brought back memories of their earlier years, before their paths went separate ways. He felt compelled to say something.

"You know, Blix, we had some good times didn't we? You still remember?"

"yeah. I remember. It was a long time ago, Acer."

Acer began remembering the private times between them, and the not-so private parties at Harry's outpost. Their past was definitely not devoid of some of physical enjoyment, and the memories began to reflect a physical response. Acer grinned slightly and glanced at Blix. "So, you wanna?"

Blix was mostly confused and responded "huh?"

"you know. you wanna?"

Finally understanding, Blix was startled that Acer would be inquiring about sex at such an odd time. "Acer! Don't you understand, I at risk of having my past uncovered, possibly bringing on a career downfall of my mother, and I might become an Omni-Tek employee which would place me as a direct enemy of you?!". Blix's anger was strong, and although mixed with a good dose of attraction towards Acer, it was evident.

Acer responded. "Yeah, I know. I understand all that Blix. But you came here in person to tell me this. That means something. I haven't seen you in years, and now you've returned. Say what you will, I know you haven't lost it entirely".

Blix was silent.

"So you wanna?"

Now, like Acer, Blix's arousal was substantial. Through his anger and disgust with Acer, the attraction remained. He was also aware that his anger could drive him to killing Acer, an end that he felt would not be entirely disappointing.

"You have the nanos?" Blix asked quietly

"yup" Acer said, biting his lip.

"You really up for it?"

"Oh yeah. yeah I am, Blix"

Blix took another sip of the beer, got up and walked over to Acer's side of the room. His eyes fixated on Acer's features. He has grown stronger and more defined since Blix last saw him. Blix leaned over Acer, towards the security console. "I think this is justification for an increased security setting."

Acer nodded in agreement, as Blix hit the key.

Security Block.
    To view the override, please read the full report
    in the "In Character RolePlaying" forum of the outzone grid feed.
    www.ao-outzone.com

With the security returned to the normal setting, Blix was now able to make the outside communication.

At his feet the bloodied and inanimate body of Acerobollos lies still.

Blix states to the household comm system "Outside Inquiry: Next shuttle to Omni-Prime"

Comm System: "Shuttle doc 5, Harry's Outpost. Flights depart daily."

Blix drops his pistol, and exits the residence without looking back.
    ======================