Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC: Encouraging Roleplaying (A New Idea?)

-Tatjaana, the founder of Friendleet Foundation (http://koivis.to/~lina/leet). She is retired and her organisation is quite unactive, but she is intrested about all kinds of pro-leet action.
    -Limona, a robot psychologist working in Rubi-ka Universal Robots (R.U.R). Tat's distant relative, they call each other cousins
    -DrLina, member of FLF, Tat's sister who belives that she has been a leet once. DrLina is an animal doctor.

All of these chars are omni and in Atlantean.

Timezone GMT+2, playing weekends several hours in various times and weekdays around 8pm-11pm.

Feel free to send a /tell sometime.
    Last edited by Tatja; Feb 3rd, 2003 at 13:28:25.

Serraglio - A neutral fixer, born to omni-tek employed parents, His mother in Omni admin and his father working for intern ops. After a event int he past that ended in the death of both his parents, which he blames both Omni-tek and the clans for equally, all ties with Omnitek was severed, and he now works for the highest bidder, himself and the Desert Winds, the exact order varies.. Talented hacker, codebreaker and with a gift of getting out of tight situations through improvisation, unexpected tactics, and a reckless disregard of the risks. A sometimes moody, sometimes light-humored indivivual who's humor leans towards the dark and sarcastic most of the time.

Lelora - Nanotechnician. Serraglios younger sister by one year. Where he blames both the clans and OT for the demise of their parents, her hatred is directed specifically against the clans. A member of the internal operations of OT, presently a free agent (unguilded). Unswervingly loyal to omni-tek, with one weak spot, her brother. Dedicated to her work, a dry sense of humor, sometimes acerbicly so.

Iandrin - Doctor. After having fought for money most of his life, just for the highest payer, he left the planet for a while, in the course of his travels he put his guns aside for good, tired of the killing and pain he inflicted others. Educating himself in the ways of a healer before returning to the planet he calls home, and allying himself with the more moderate of the clans.
    A man of good humor, sometimes introspective, searching for something in his life from all signs.
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Fixerben - Solitus - 175 Fixer:

Curently major contributing party to the RMC. And full time advocate for a Democratic government for all the people of Rubi-Ka.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I came from the Notum mines as all the Clanners did. Being very young at the time of the revolt I was unable to help, but lived through the troubled times. When the revolt happened my mother was in the party that escaped to Athen. She was mortally wounded, and my father was in one of the decoy parties that allowed my mother to escape with Redruum'c group.

Soon after we reached Athen my mother died from her wounds, and being that the miners had no insurance patterns yet her death was permanent. I was left without parents or anyone to take care of me, so Redruum and CAS took me under their wing.

One day when I was younger I wasnt particularly good at defending myself and was wandering out in the woods outside Tir. Being young I was very curious and I ran into a Savage Panther. I approached it carefully, but it seemed not carefully enough. The Savage Panther mauled my face, leaving me blinded, and with a large scar from one corner to the other. Luckily for me Redruum was not too far away and heard me yelling for help. He came running and took the Savage Panther out with one AimedShot.

Needless to say I was in need of medical attention. Maxtek fixed up my face, and gave me eye implants. So if you have ever wondered why my eyes are such a bright blue color, its because they arent really MY eyes.

This was the day I knew I wanted to be in CAS. I saw how they helped me, and took care of me and I knew this was my family. Where I belong...

Now jump ahead to later in my life. I remember once we had sent out a recon team to the old notum mines. I joined the team, and went out to see if I could find any remains of my father so I could lay him to rest honorably. We got to the mines and found no traces of anyone there. It had been abandoned for years. While there I did find one thing though. A small necklace with 7 high quality Notum Chips on it. I brought the necklace back with me, and began wearing it. It seemed to remind me of our past, which is something we should never forget.

One day I woke up, and went to shower and noticed my hair was getting lighter...it went on day after day lighter and lighter. Until one day I woke up and it was white with a faint blue tint in it. I figured it must have been from the Necklace. So I took the necklace off and placed it in my bank for sentimental value.

When I was skilled enough I sought to join the ranks of the guild that had made me what I am today. I have come to be known as one of the most resourceful people on Rubi-Ka. I can do anything, and if I cant do it, I know someone who can. I can find anything, and if I cant find it myself, I know people who can. With my resourcefulness and survival skills I have proven to be a great asset to everyone who knows me.

Lust for money, and greed are not befitting for anyone. Because so much was done for me I have a naturally generous nature. If I have extra money and a young one needs it I will share. If I have armor that I dont use anymore I will give it to someone that can use it.

I live a good life, and I would like for everyones life to be as good as mine. That is what I strive for. I am a Fixer yes, but not shady, and not untrustworthy. That is the common public image of Fixers. I am a Fixer and I like to Fix people. Not my bank account. If you ever need me I am here, my friends are my family, would you not give anything you could to yours?

I grew from a child with pride and freedom in my veins and I live now to gain freedom for all the people of Rubi-Ka.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjacrat - Solitus - 34 Bureaucrat

Benjacrat has not been on this planet long. He was originally hired by the CoA for public relations. Seeing the corrupt way it was being run he lef the CoA to aid his firiend Nelida in starting the RMC. He is currently in hiding due to threats on his life from the Sentinels.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Feb 4th, 2003 at 20:49:20.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

CAS still your family? De ja vu
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

CAS will always be my family, but it mostly refers to the people that are/were in it.

Ditzie - Adventurer, Omni employee and board member/press agent for Devils Advocate.

Running from an abusive/homicidal husband, I spent time on the agricultural planet Eire, where I met, fell in love with, and married a simple farmer. My whereabouts were discovered and my second husband was brutally murdered by the first. During the scuffle, I managed to escape, wounding the assailant with a knife slash across the eye.

At the urging of my half-sister, Tynchre, I changed my name, immigrated to Rubi-Ka, and kept a low profile. I took odd-jobs for the corporation, scouting and surveying in a solitary capacity. Integrating more and more into the community, I joined one of the entertainment organizations and met my spouse, Nevver.

While I've never been happier, there is an ominous shadow of the past looming over me.

edit - The nickname comes from doing dingbat things like lighting the filtered end of nano deaths when I use to smoke, and running into missions full-tilt and forgetting to equip weapons.

Holliander - Omni - Brilliant but twisted doctor formerly associated with Twisted Edge. Holli was born Clan and switched side for unknown reasons, early in her career.

Tynchre - Omni - Engineer - Member of Devils Advocate - You think it! I build it!
    Last edited by Ditzie; Feb 4th, 2003 at 22:15:10.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Fixerben feels the scar on his face and wonders if he could be Ditzie's ex-husband.

Fixerben dismisses the notion and luaghs.

Errrr....NO!

Rumor has it that he was spotted on Rubi-Ka on other business a few months ago, but he quickly disappeared.

Ditzie looks curiously at the soup Nevver made for her

Umm...Nevver? This is Chirop isn't it?
    Last edited by Ditzie; Feb 4th, 2003 at 22:06:32.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

(( Long one I know. ))
    -----------------------------------------------------

Cyrus "Viray" Stritzke - Solitus
    Engineer

Former chief engineer of the trade vessel Astrea which crashed sometime ago on Rubi-ka. This was during the thrid civil war between the Clans and Omni-Tek.

Most of his time here was spent in the desert area between the northern Clan held territory and Omni-Tek southern outposts. Living from oasis to oasis, and finally making a home in Newland City just before the population explosion occured due to the lift on the colonization restriction.

He had spent so much time avoiding fire fights and trying to live that he was hardly active on the world of Rubi-ka... with the lift of colonization trips off world were easy to come by and most of the crew from the Astrea did so.

Viray stayed on Rubi-ka no home or people to return too, all he had was his vessel... now that it is part of the Rubi-ka landscape, Viray simply tries to follow suit.

Amado "Nayan" Tapanes - Opifex
    Fixer

Son of a former Newland City Council member he lives life with a carefree manner. He loves to test himself, and push the limits... a real speedfreak.

He spends his time exploring Rubi-ka and finding the hidden "pleasures" of the landscape and world about him.

He keeps up a good side business of obtaining gear and supplies for his fellow explorers, but doesn't do anything too illegal...well at least not often.

"Bissar" - Atrox

Lifted in a liberation of Omni-Tek resources from an outpost by Clan raiders who mistakenly mis-took his growth chamber for a fuel pod, he was rolled out of the vat inside Neutral terrority as the Clans had no use for him nor the resources then to revive him. Somehow he awoke greeted by a sky full of stars and breathed his first breath as a completely free...er... person.

Wandering into Borealis he has been hanging round ever since.

Levi "Goreth" Skado

A born solider, created to be a lean fighting machine. He has turned into a friendly giant. Often found helping those smaller than himself.

Lilbubbles, Atrox Clan Soldier, crossed dimensions to find a missing girl, currently having personality issues.

---

Only RK1 char I care about atm, though I have more.

Timezone: +1 (cet)

*nods and smiles to Yum Yum Crow*

Chi Fadri, known to most as Aazamon. I can remember the cloning vats. They say Nanomages in the cloning vats don't feel pain, don't feel existance, and don't have thoughts. This is a lie. I spent years in the vats before they completed the process that created me. I am a product of Omni-Tek, they tell me I am their property and I have a number on the back of my neck10662212. But I rejected my masters, I have blocked these memories for so long it is fuzzy. All I know is I was found covered in the blood of others in the desert wandering.

I supress my rage and am usually polite to everyone I meet, even my enemies. there is a beast that lays within though and when it surfaces it is ugly and desperate. I have spent a lot of time meditating trying to clear my mind. This is when I heard the voice....Rubi-Ka whispering to me.."help me Aazamon, you can feel me dying..I can feel you fading with me...we are one Aazamon...do what you know must be done...save me and I shall save your people..." since then I have become the spiritual leader of the Nanomage Liberation Front. I continue to speak with the planet.

May Rubi-Ka guide your way

(( ooc: I play GMT - 8 but I am on at weird times late at night, early, weekends and week days :P ))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

democracy is for the weak
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12