Thread: RP and us.............

RP and us.............

Role playing i am sorry to say seems very sparse on Rubi-Ka these days. I myself am a member of Omni-Pol and i whole heartedly enjoy our rping sessions.
    Unfortunatley though there is not enough of them.

Myself and viventrox have tried to arrange something for the rping community and Omni-Pol to take part in, but it is a bit awkward due to the fact that people are on different time zones.

What I propose Is a RPing council.

Not anything official, but a large meeting where we can all get togethter maybe once a month, to arrange a few mass rping events.

I am willing to dedicate my time, to get this off the ground, and would be happy to manage the postings and dates and arranging of such meetings.

The only thing that we need is people, people to show they're faces, to show that they like Rping, and to get involved.

Like the metacon which is very succesful and useful, we could incorporate the same idea to get the results that we want.

The meeting would be there for all rpers to meet other rpers and to arrange events. Player driven events that is. We are quite a large community when you think about it, but there is not enough communication between eachother to get anything decent going.

The other day i posted for characters to join my rp event, and I was totally suprised by the amount of responses that I had.
    It was encouraging.

I hope that you will back this idea, and I hope that we can arrange our first National Role Playing meeting.

Please put your name and your thoughts here.....

You have my thanks
    Last edited by Tikon RIP 02-04; Jan 23rd, 2003 at 13:36:15.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

I'm in. Cynics will say this sort of thing has been tried before, and of course they would be right, but that is no excuse not to keep trying. Player generated roleplaying material is what AO is all about for me. Official storylines and events for me count as nice distractions but are never quite as satisfying as the real thing.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC

I'm up for it. And just where were you Tikon last night? Thought us Clanners were supposed to be capturing you OT? Heheh. Are we going to try for tonight then?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

suhweeT eyedear! I will help

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Just a thought, based on past experience, the word "Council" can be kind be a major turn off. Perhaps "Roleplayers Workshop" might seem less threatening?

true, Council sounds a little intimidating. Good call Savoy.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Sounds like fun. /bump in support
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

I would love to help. Myself and my partner Methagen try to arrange RP events within Omni-Pol with our vast array of alts but in my opinion we/I could always use more help with RP events, either for guild or faction events. I have several Ideas on paper for stuff but am running out of my small stuff and all thats left is big rp stories. Besides I sorta like the GM part in the game a little more then I do the RPer side. I'll help anyway I can.

Be sure to include myself also Tikon...
    I agree with Savoy whole heartedly.. I have been a part
    of a few of these "Councils" and Workshop is far more
    constructive sounding and less elitist..

With the recent disappearance of VoF and RK Times it makes it
    that much more work to provide RP for those on the fringes as
    to what is happening and how to be apart of what there is to
    offer. With all of our hard work into Articles recapping player
    story events, political intrigue and such absent, along with our
    promised storyline, it is very discouraging for the Role Players
    that continuously work to keep the RPG part of this MMORPG
    alive.

Look forward to meeting with you all ...

~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

this is for us guys the rpers of AO, we can call it what we want and discuss what we want, thats the whole point of it to be for us.

I fya want to call it rp workshop, thats fine by me

And viventrox i did send ya a tell hun, sorry if it got to you a bit late, but well have to put it back for a few days!

Hope this takes off!

This sounds great, especially for me being brand new here and hoping to find some fun rp and in-character fun. Give me a call if this youngster can be of any use to you.

Okay, this is for both clan and Omni, So all future meetings will have to take place in a neutral area.

Any sugestions welcomed

Also we need to think about a time and date that is convenient to hold these meetings.

anything else ive forgoton to add please remind me.

Alos Id like to add, I have my own internet radio stations, so if i can put that to any use if any of you can think of things, then please just let me know.

I have been asked by a few people to do a live national Rubi-Ka news broadcast?

what do you think?

Suggestions.
    1. Set the date & time at Sunday 6 PM GMT. It's normally an easy timeslot for both Euro and Americans, though for the very same reason might clash with a lot of org meetings.

2. Set up a forum at RP Central. Anyone registered there can do that. If you like I can set one up tomorrow.

Savoy you dont need to ask permission, just go ahead and do it, but make sure you let people here know the URL to access it..

Sunday is a bad day for me, but if i cant turn up doesnt mean this thing cant still go ahead.

Other than that im glad to see so many get involved!

any other prefered days? in the majority?

Righty-ho the AO Roleplayer's Workshop Forum is here

To register to RPCentral just do a /tell rpbot in game and follow the instructions.

The forum at present is public, though once we have something there to discuss, line storylines, we can make it private.

All credit to good old Tappert for creating RPcentral, a place where even I can create a message board... for free!

Sunday is just one option. Late Fridays night (GMT) also tends to be a decent timeslot, though it would be kind of short notice. Any other suggestions?