Thread: OOC: Prefix on threads?

OOC: Prefix on threads?

Hi everybody,

This forums contains - and should, imo, continue to contain - both in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC) threads. Do you feel we need to be able to tell them apart from each other more easily?

One way this could be done is adding a prefix to the subject of the thread - OOC or IC. How do you feel about that? And should both types of threads have the prefix, or is it enough with one of them having it? If the latter, which one - OOC or IC?

And note that the use of OOC in front of a thread is no excuse for going off the topic of the forum. OOC discussions should still be about role-playing. (This thread being an exception, I guess. I'll look into opening Community Corner for discussions like this again.)

Please let me know what you think.

Very good idea, Cz. In my opinion, we should have prefixed threads. Although some threads do tend to dwindle between IC and OOC, the prefix would likely help keep them on the straight and narrow.

In my opinion, we should have both, it would be much easier to mentally organize the strings as I see them if all are prefixed with either "OOC" or "IC".

Thanks for keep a lookout on us, Cz!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

I agree here. The deliniation of IC and OOC threads will make readers more able to find storyline developmental threads, and be able to find informational threads just as easily.

I concur wholeheartedly.

I think just the OOC caveat need apply. Everything else one could assume to be IC.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Something of an overkill for me, but I'll stick to whatever is agreed.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I think both IC and OOC tags would work.

By the way cz, is there any chance you could stop beacon warping threads in here that involve pvp'ers whining about why the rp forums have been kept and not theirs. It's causing a bad vibe in here, something that I have rarely felt in here.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

I think just the OOC prefix is enough if you're going to press having a prefix in the subject. Most people post here IC and tend to use OOC either in the subject of their post or in the actual message if they are speaking OOC anyway. I read almost everything here so knowing whether it's OOC or IC before clicking the link doesn't matter to me.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Dr.Log, what do you mean? Moderators and I normally beacon warp them out of the forum, and leave a link to where we moved it.

Should we stop leaving a redirect to the forum I move them to? I fear that would cause people to repost them, as they think it got deleted.

Deleting a thread makes people more upset than moving it, naturally. And deleting is not really nice when there's actually a suitable forum for the thread.

I think he means move the links out. Many of them are insulting FC for keeping our forum. Oh and thanks again for keeping it hehe
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

ooc

Cz, I'm pretty sure Dr. Log misunderstands. The Beacon Warped threads are being moved to somewhere they belong more than here. Keep up the good job, moderators. I'm thankful.

And on the topic....I think it could be ok if we tagged the OOC threads. All else should be considered IC.

Lille

Originally posted by Cz
    Dr.Log, what do you mean? Moderators and I normally beacon warp them out of the forum, and leave a link to where we moved it.

Should we stop leaving a redirect to the forum I move them to? I fear that would cause people to repost them, as they think it got deleted.

Deleting a thread makes people more upset than moving it, naturally. And deleting is not really nice when there's actually a suitable forum for the thread.
    *holds hands up

sorry didn't realise that was the way it worked, thanks for correcting me ; )
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.