Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offer Refused

Offer Refused

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...d/650mill.html

Loren’s massive frame towers over the agent. “My young and... inexperienced friend. I may be a mercenary and marry the fattest paycheck, but once a contract is signed, it is my name that’s on it. Not yours or anyone elses! What is at stake is my reputation and loyalty, and my honour. Those are worth more than any nine digit number in my business. Who do you think would hire me if I stabbed every employer I had in the back for a few credits? What kind of soldier would follow me? From where would I earn the respect?”
    He claims "any nine digit number". This could be a ten digit number.

((btw, nicely handled, Funcom))
    Last edited by aaronb; Feb 10th, 2003 at 21:07:53.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Instead of killing omni and neuts in NLC they should offer money to the leader of the Sentinels to have him leave TIR!
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by CarLBanks
    Instead of killing omni and neuts in NLC they should offer money to the leader of the Sentinels to have him leave TIR!
    Mr. Banks the process of which you speak has alreayd begun. But we do not know how much it will take for Simon to leave Tir.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Perhaps 650 million credits would be enough to get Silverstone to actually go fight some Omni's instead of infesting Tir. Maybe buy him enough bullets to shoot someone on a battlefield.

You'll need something better than money as incentive for Silverstone. Maybe a bag full of baby leets to torture?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Bionitrous

Perhaps 650 million credits would be enough to get Silverstone to actually go fight some Omni's instead of infesting Tir. Maybe buy him enough bullets to shoot someone on a battlefield.
    Please read my previous post.

Yeah if you change the 650 mill from the mercs to sentinels to have them leave TIR the mercs will probly leave NLC! But there is also the process of you guys having to take out the guards in your other cities.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by Savoy

You'll need something better than money as incentive for Silverstone. Maybe a bag full of baby leets to torture?
    Please read my previous post.

Yeah if you change the 650 mill from the mercs to sentinels to have them leave TIR the mercs will probly leave NLC! But there is also the process of you guys having to take out the guards in your other cities.
    The guards in the other cities do not attack Neutrals. Why should we get rid of them? Unless you want us to be totally defenseless?

Screw trying to make Loren go back on his contract, just hire him for another job. I think we should hire mercenaries to keep Home clan only instead. If they want to play this kind of game, we can play it. I think it would bother them even more if we cut off omni and neutral access to the clan city of Home.

Well if omni and clan get rid of all our gaurds and everyone lets eachother into their cities we could get towards the peaceful side of a democracy.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    The Death of Ardoyt

I'll support Fixerben in his activities here, for sure.

The Sentinels definitely need to be removed from Tir, they are a blight on the Clans honor.

But, until a real government is put in place for the north, taking the place of this anarchy known as "The Clans" then all this is for naught. We learned what happens to impotent leaders who have no power to truly govern when the Council of Truth went by the wayside.

Organize a government, write a constitution, and effectively police the north to eradicate extremist elements like the Sentinels. Then we can negotiate effectively and honestly with the neutrals and Omni-Tek.
    ::: Ayken Barlau :::
    Director of The Concillium

Well if omni and clan get rid of all our gaurds and everyone lets eachother into their cities we could get towards the peaceful side of a democracy.
    I would love for that day to come my friend. But I cant see it happening any time soon. At least as long as OmniPol is around.

Originally posted by Nack Barlau
    I'll support Fixerben in his activities here, for sure.

The Sentinels definitely need to be removed from Tir, they are a blight on the Clans honor.

But, until a real government is put in place for the north, taking the place of this anarchy known as "The Clans" then all this is for naught. We learned what happens to impotent leaders who have no power to truly govern when the Council of Truth went by the wayside.

Organize a government, write a constitution, and effectively police the north to eradicate extremist elements like the Sentinels. Then we can negotiate effectively and honestly with the neutrals and Omni-Tek.
    Good Lord, someone who agrees with me. Though the First step should be ridding Tir of the Sentinels. Once they are gone we will need a government. Some say that the Clans should be left to govern themselves. That is exactly what I propose. A Democracy is a government by the people for the people. If we instated the Democracy Uwen, Alamexis (God rest his soul), and I have worked the Clans would be governing themselves.

Life was a hell of a lot more enjoyable 4 months ago. Someone spilled the litterbox not too long ago. The larger chunks were put in charge and actually allowed to affect the lives of the majority of the planet's citizens. Hence, the mass off-world exodus.

Hopefully, we've had a wake-up call and the voice of the masses can be heard. It isn't enjoyable living on Rubi'Ka no matter who's in charge. I'm afraid that the hand of man can't fix what was broken and perhaps we have to trust in the hand of God ((FunCom)) to right the wrong. Otherwise, I'll simply stay on my rock out in the Plains of Salt till I wither and die.

Originally posted by Fixerben

Good Lord, someone who agrees with me.
    Fixerben, I can't help but notice that you are a Rank 2 member of your Organization. Do you speak for the Rank 1 and Rank 0 members of Arion and if so, why have they not promoted you within their ranks?

As it is, I'm suprised that you are able to get your voice heard at all on these subjects, as just "one of many Rank 2's" in Arion.
    ::: Ayken Barlau :::
    Director of The Concillium

Originally posted by Nack Barlau

Fixerben, I can't help but notice that you are a Rank 2 member of your Organization. Do you speak for the Rank 1 and Rank 0 members of Arion and if so, why have they not promoted you within their ranks?

As it is, I'm suprised that you are able to get your voice heard at all on these subjects, as just "one of many Rank 2's" in Arion.
    ((OOC: Nack, my guild is not an RP guild. I RP as an individual independantly from my guild. However I do represent many guilds from different factions. For more information read up on the Rubi-Kan Mining Cooperative.))

IC:

Nack I stand apart from my guild, I do not speak for them. But I am backed my guilds from all 3 factions on Rubi-Ka. So in a way I speak for many of the people on Rubi-Ka. I have gained the trust and respect of other through time, and staying true to my words. Not to say that I am infallible, but I am an honorable man. Many have put their lives in my hands and I have not let anyone down.

OOC: I just wanted to give kudos to Funcom, as I remember the thread where this started. Well done. Please keep it up as little things like this show you are listening to the playerbase
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

As Ben knows...

After the Sentinels have left Tir AND Warr's thugs have left NLC I will continue my march toward a Rubika with free travel for all peaceful citizens. That will be my next project.

I would love for that day to come my friend. But I cant see it happening any time soon. At least as long as OmniPol is around.

((LOL, I also am a "rank 2"in Arion...actually there are NO members of Arion below "rank 2". Arion does not RP as a guild...but some of us most notably Ben, me and Cyani RP as individuals.))

((OOC: Nack, my guild is not an RP guild. I RP as an individual independantly from my guild. However I do represent many guilds from different factions. For more information read up on the Rubi-Kan Mining Cooperative.))

IC:

Nack I stand apart from my guild, I do not speak for them. But I am backed my guilds from all 3 factions on Rubi-Ka. So in a way I speak for many of the people on Rubi-Ka. I have gained the trust and respect of other through time, and staying true to my words. Not to say that I am infallible, but I am an honorable man. Many have put their lives in my hands and I have not let anyone down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast