Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO GUI is a negative advertisment for the game

- windows are non movable
    Some are

- windows are not resizable
    I know and I would like them to be also

- there is no easy command to switch channel or talk directly in a channel without switching
    - you have to use your mouse to chat on several channels and hence suffer from lag if any lag is here

OH MY GOD DONT BREAK YOUR WRIST MOVING THE MOUSE!
    Thats is just a silly comment, only lazy people would complain.
    Hence why I rarely chat in different channels, I am too lazy to get up and move the mouse hehe

- friend list is a joke

Yes it is, since when was itshootz my friend? or Azzator os something. :P Make it a "REAL" Friends list.

- organization list is non-existent
    Its called the Funcom website
    /me slaps head

- no /who or /list command
    Someone commands are no yet implemented and did you read that they may add the /list? Grrrr.

- no transparency setting on the chat box to cope with different backgrounds
    Never had trouble with it, except chat in white rooms.

- no pet menu
    Why would you need one? except a Macro with all the boxes ready made to drag inquick bar would be nice.

- no pet status (Diablo II anyone ?)
    There is a pet status.

- font size is not adjustable

It is.

Sorry if this was postedbefore the patch

Um guys some elementary stuff here:

/say talks in vicinity channel
    /gu talks in guild channel
    /gr or /team talks in team channel either one or the other maybe both cant remember off top of my head

etc.. etc..

for most I believe you can just use first letter /s for vicinity

its not that hard

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    - windows are non movable
    Some are
    Just like some politicains means what they say. Like "Mmmh I'd like some more coffee".

- windows are not resizable
    I know and I would like them to be also

- there is no easy command to switch channel or talk directly in a channel without switching
    - you have to use your mouse to chat on several channels and hence suffer from lag if any lag is here

OH MY GOD DONT BREAK YOUR WRIST MOVING THE MOUSE!
    Thats is just a silly comment, only lazy people would complain.
    Hence why I rarely chat in different channels, I am too lazy to get up and move the mouse hehe
    This is very important. I guess I am too much a social guy or you are not enough, but having to actualy switch to a channel to talk in it is clumsy and using the mouse is sluggish. Imagine how AO or any game would play without a keyboard. Of course you could just click to turn left, the click to run, then click to halt, then click attack, ... try this or IRC and get a clue.

These text command are essentials if you are just not only saying 'hello' to your guild when login in and then switching to a LFG channel to get a group. If your text output level is restricted to that, well maybe I understand how you don't feel the chat interface is something from the 80s.

- organization list is non-existent
    Its called the Funcom website
    /me slaps head
    OMG right ! It even displays who's online in real time now !!!

Oh maybe not ...

/me look for a banana to throw around

- no /who or /list command
    Someone commands are no yet implemented and did you read that they may add the /list? Grrrr.
    Mmmh... well english is not my native tongue either, but I'm not sure I have an idea of what you meant.

- no transparency setting on the chat box to cope with different backgrounds
    Never had trouble with it, except chat in white rooms.
    Yeah. That's the point. That and deserts in daylight.

- no pet menu
    Why would you need one? except a Macro with all the boxes ready made to drag inquick bar would be nice.
    Maybe you don't feel the urge because as an Enforcer you can control your pet very very well. As for macro that is one the things that are slightly above average in the GUI. If we just could script / macro the use of shortcuts buttons. Sigh.

- no pet status (Diablo II anyone ?)
    There is a pet status.
    Are you really going to answer at everything without any clue ? The only status that we have is /pet report. Can you imagine not seing your HP bar or the HP bar of ppl in your team and having to macro /self report or /team report and READ the friggin answer ???!!!

- font size is not adjustable
    It is.
    Sorry if this was postedbefore the patch
    It was.
    Yoohooooo !! For the patch !!!
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Turbulence
    Um guys some elementary stuff here:

/say talks in vicinity channel
    /gu talks in guild channel
    /gr or /team talks in team channel either one or the other maybe both cant remember off top of my head

etc.. etc..

for most I believe you can just use first letter /s for vicinity

its not that hard
    Can you explain to me for the 678 times how ou do this for the channel where ppl 1-50 are selling stuff ? I am soooooo found of the explanation.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12