Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries in NLC

Originally posted by xTc

Maybe you should find out if you are an advisor to the guild But you should really get that changed
    Regarding this, Chimera is an Pro Omni org, We despise Neutrals and Clan alike the difference is now that some neutrals has chosen to take action, Wich my Character respect in an RP Sense thus he will gladly fight alongside with thoose neutrals in combat, To protect their territory or simply fight the clans...

However if neutrals are considered a treat against Omni, They will be delt with hope that explains enough, And yes this post is OOC so please dont flame me RPish for it I hate having to explain my Guilds / Characters reasons OOC, I really do. Work time later :P
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

This one is completely OOC yet kinda fitting when the patch is in. I'm going to make sure I have a song by Drowning Pool playing when I log on because the main chorus of the song is "Let the bodies hit the floor" and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of that.

i'll add another 100mill to the let-the-mercs-kill-neuts-and-omni-not-clan-fund
    My wishlist:

ql170+ shining/bright/faded clusters of Offensive Mastery
    ql200 Heavy Notum Tank

i think that's it ;D

Originally posted by Calhoone
    This one is completely OOC yet kinda fitting when the patch is in. I'm going to make sure I have a song by Drowning Pool playing when I log on because the main chorus of the song is "Let the bodies hit the floor" and I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of that.
    rotfl.. so true

cmon AO enuf of the down time already
    let me in
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Hi

I have had to defend my towers and allies against attacks every single day for the past week or more. Against who? Well, mostly clanners.

Just because I don't want to be clan does not mean I want to be omni. Logic folks.

It is hard being a neut. Think the side xp bonus we get makes it easier for us? Everyone knows the downside to being neutral, every tower I defend I have to listen about the downsides and how stupid we are for choosing neutral.

Every day I am glad. Every battle, won or lost, I am proud. In the call to defense, the number of Guilds helping is astounding.

When you tire of OT or Clan and wish there was a better/other way, you will be thankful for my crappy, little, no-respecting, looked down upon, no token board havin', WE ARE THE FENCE, sitting neutral.
    We aren't just in the way, we are another way.

AuntBeast 54 MP
    SaintMaya 23 Agent

Very Proud member of Wolf Brigade

Fortunately, you have the option of using a Clan or Omni application form as soon as you're ready to have friends.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Neutrals MATTER

OOC

I spent a lomg time thinking about which 'Faction' to choose.
    RP for my character leaned me towards Clan... but... a bit of research and forum hoppping made me realise that there is little 'RP' consistency at Faction levels. There are Omni departments who seem hellbent on ignoring the storyline. There are Clan orgs who seem to pay little attention to the war....

Don't get me wrong... that's good. But when you look at what's 'really' happening on Rubi Ka, consistency of behaviour and teamwork, shared ideals, joint working etc etc happen at org level. AO politics isn't faction based, its org based.

I maybe started life as a fence sitter but within a few days of playing I came to see that loyalty to my org is the most important thing to me... and that inter-org relationships mimic real life situations for a hardened Rp'er more than interfaction storyline wars... that never seem to go much further than Funcom storylines. this may just be lack of ecperience... maybe I just haven't seen the co-ordinated work of the Omni or Clan hordes working together to pitch battles or regain territory by actual players. If so please educate me.

Instead I see individuals working at org and interorg levels doing some great RP work... Fixerben is just one example ...there are many more... and these guys can be found amongst our Neutrals in the Clans and in Omni.

Auntbeast is right Neutral is a side. Our indignation at feeling 'shot from bith sides is not only understandable its fun!

Think of the game without Neutrals. I for one think Rubi Ka would be a poorer place. We may never dominate ... but the co-operation of many orgs (the vast majority of which have a no first strike policy on Clan AND Omni) has been really refreshing.

IC

I too am a proud member of Wolf Brigade. My org is my home and my family. What our leaders say... I do. Up till now they have chosen wisely on a no first strike policy, but our relations with like minded orgs mean that when we are attacked (most days) like minded Neutrals are more and more likely to come to our aid... and together the Neutral Orgs can field a force that can run off most attacks.

Until democracy - true democracy - comes to Rubi Ka, I put my faith, first, last and always in my org.

Benmor - Agent (42)

what exactly made u chose not to join either omni or clans?
    this question is directed at the last two neuts who say neut is a way.. which i believe.. im just curios as too why u wouldnt join omni or clans?
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

(ooc) I have heard rumors that FC would like to eliminate neutrals which would leave us forced to pick a side. (/ooc)

I deleted those the first day and have no desire to obtain more.

Changing ideologies for friendship means you have no ideologies.

(not specifically directed at anyone as much as the attitude)

What I see, is that neither Omni nor Clan see neutrals as a field of possible recruits. The only ones that get those lovely forms you speak of is Neutrals. The way to win me (and other Neutrals) is not by beating us down or insulting us. Unless of course, you honestly believe we don't have a right to exist in any form on Rubi-Ka. If that is indeed the case, I suggest you push for more stringent control over our pasts to be able to see if we were ever tarnished with Neutral Blood. Are all the hateful/insulting words spewn at neutrals automatically rescinded once I use that lovely little form? Is a piece of paper all that separates me from a rollerrat?

Your words do more to make me want to remain on NEITHER side.

AuntBeast 54 MP
    Saintmaya 25 Agent

Proud *proud* *proud* member of Wolf Brigade
    No-Card Carrying Neutral
    Happily Tab-able in all of Rubi-Ka
    Friend to Many, Foe to Few
    Liberate The Token Boards! 'Til All Are Free! (TM NLF)

Originally posted by AuntBeast
    Is a piece of paper all that separates me from a rollerrat?
    YES!

Why I chose Neutral?

A neut's response

(ooc) well, I installed, picked the char that seemed most intriguing, was asked to pick a side, hadn't done any homework, decided that well, neutral would work until I figured out the game/story/everything.

Interesting side note: on the chat for Shadowlands you will not have to pick your side before you enter the planet, not sure if that will make more neuts or not. (/ooc)

I am by nature a pacifist. I am not hopelessly idealistic I do manage to concentrate my rage rather well, as any Mugger will tell you. I believe that honest diplomacy is not the last bastion, but the first. I can not align myself with a corporation any more than I could a bottle of Hit The Floor Jack. Nor am I against that corporation from existing.

I believe in choice. Some days I am neutral because I'm glad there is a 3rd option. Some days, just to piss off a clanner. Some days, just to piss of an omni. Some days, to annoy my spouse. Most days, because while every side has it's good/bad, I sleep better knowing I am neutral.

I think it is sad that once you go omni or clan, you can never change sides. How horrible it must be, to give up your will forever.

(ooc Ben! hey sweetie, it seems you can log into the chat from the website, even if rubi-ka is being patched!)
    Last edited by AuntBeast; Feb 5th, 2003 at 15:33:03.

OOC

Why didn't I choose Omni or Clan?

Well the honest answer....

Looking at the various websites and forums before hand

Omni - Corporate World.... I've lived in Corporate World in Real Life for too many years to be attracted to hierarchy in RP... also (being really honest) Funcom's own description likens Omni to the Empire in star wars... I kept seeing Benmor in ome of these stupid little caps the Empire guys on the Deathstar had to wear!

No Mission Honey!

With Clan... I may have been misled but everywhere I looked as I said on my earlier post I saw no dedication to a common cause, I also saw a lot of Power Gamers and Uber qualities in a lot of Clan posts.

Lastly - I've always been a bit of a sucker for the underdog... Now that could have made me choose Clan but reallly? Clan, if anything, have the upper hand... they just don't seem to want to co-ordinate and win.

I liked the spirit of the Neuts I read about... They honestly seemed more like the Storylines version of Clanners than the Clan itself.

Now I'm onworld I simply like the Neuts (enmasse) more than the other guys... though I have good friends who are Clan and Omni.

Lastly... I really meant what I said about orgs... The Wolves have taken me in and given me real and substantial help... and I am in awe of Neutral orgs like the Healing Hands...

So I'm happy to fight and die (and reclaim!) for my right to remain Neutral.

Hope that explains this inddividuals choice

Benmor
    Agent (42)

Benmore has a clue, and my respect.

careful You might start thinking nice thoughts about neuts.

benmor *is* fantastic and has buckets of my respect.

Originally posted by Benmore
    OOC

Why didn't I choose Omni or Clan?

Well the honest answer....

Looking at the various websites and forums before hand

Omni - Corporate World.... I've lived in Corporate World in Real Life for too many years to be attracted to hierarchy in RP... also (being really honest) Funcom's own description likens Omni to the Empire in star wars... I kept seeing Benmor in ome of these stupid little caps the Empire guys on the Deathstar had to wear!

No Mission Honey!

With Clan... I may have been misled but everywhere I looked as I said on my earlier post I saw no dedication to a common cause, I also saw a lot of Power Gamers and Uber qualities in a lot of Clan posts.

Lastly - I've always been a bit of a sucker for the underdog... Now that could have made me choose Clan but reallly? Clan, if anything, have the upper hand... they just don't seem to want to co-ordinate and win.

I liked the spirit of the Neuts I read about... They honestly seemed more like the Storylines version of Clanners than the Clan itself.

Now I'm onworld I simply like the Neuts (enmasse) more than the other guys... though I have good friends who are Clan and Omni.

Lastly... I really meant what I said about orgs... The Wolves have taken me in and given me real and substantial help... and I am in awe of Neutral orgs like the Healing Hands...

So I'm happy to fight and die (and reclaim!) for my right to remain Neutral.

Hope that explains this inddividuals choice

Benmor
    Agent (42)

cmon! clans have Boglwe! How much more dedication can you ask for? She keeps the whompas of borealis (neutral city) safe for us all!

-boco
    Audaz
    Level 220/AI18 Vampire(RK1)
    Boco
    Level 212/AI14 Techno-Wizard (RK1)
    Advisor of Synergy Factor
    Founder/Former DJ, GridStream Productions

<Chanell> every time i see "this account will remain active" in some engis sig i hear a "cha-ching cha-ching"

Beardedone1++;

OOC

I entirely take your point Boco, Clans have some GREAT individuals and some GREAT orgs... see my first post on this page.

I just think that with Clan and Omni there are too many inconsistencies to RP at Faction level... At least Neuts have the RP 'right' to be different - from other Neuts, from Clan and from Omni. If I had to choose a faction it would be uncomfortable for me (in RP mode) to live with the Fury's of the world (to choose a Clan) example when my faction was supposed to beinvolved in an all out, co-ordinated war with Omni Tek.

That's all.. just a personal problem with RP possibilities.

Benmor
    Agent (42)
    Neutral and Proud

Boglwe...a true Atlantean icon!

./me hugs Boglwe
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Clan, Omni, Neutral, it doesnt matter, The Kaviera's will be the final faction when the time comes.

*Shout out to KFM!*
    I am not an alcoholic, I am a drunk...Alcoholics go to meetings.

Originally posted by Hardpipe
    Clan, Omni, Neutral, it doesnt matter, The Kaviera's will be the final faction when the time comes.

*Shout out to KFM!*
    Got a Neutral division in yer 'organization'. Looking to have my bodyguard try out his brass knuckles on some shopkeepers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast