Thread: What is a good two player duo?

What is a good two player duo?

A friend of mine wants to start playing AO. I am going to start a new character with him so we can level together. Right now I have a level 103 Fixer and to be honest, I am just tired of being gimped. No. Let’s not start that debate here. I’d be more than willing to do that in another thread. I simply want to play the game and have a good time without having to wait for some magical patch to make it enjoyable. I also want my friend to have fun and continue to play.

So here it is. He wants to play a fighter type so that means a Soldier or an Enforcer. Right now I am leaning towards recommending an Atrox Enforcer since the only comments I hear about them is that they are good all the way to level 200.

I want to pick a complimenting profession that I would have fun playing. My only requirement I have is that is has healing capabilities.

Candidates:

Doctor
    Pro: Can’t go wrong with tank-Doc combo. When we start grouping, getting a team would be really easy.
    Con: Not sure if the class fits my personality. I like a little more offense. I can see myself just following him around with my finger over the cast heal button.

Meta Physicist
    Pro: Well, they are uber.
    Cons: Chasing down pets that get lost could get annoying. Nano buffs don’t compliment an Enforcer well (I think). Not sure if healing pet will be enough.

Trader
    Don’t know enough to say anything except that I got the feeling that an overequiping or shotgun nerf will happen and make this profession less powerful than it seems right now.

I am leaning towards an Enforcer/Meta combo. Comments welcome.

#1 most powerfull would be meta/engie combo

#2 would be doc enforcer

now you can substitute trader for meta in the first combo, but meta gets pets too. And meta healing pet can heal bot's
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Arrow good at low-medium, don't know about high

I play an enforcer with a friend who is an MA, he has reasonable damage (I've heard it isn't so hot at 100+ mind you) and ok healing and decent nanos (SG rules, though rumour has it it will become MA only).

I've only a lvl 10 MP so can't really comment there, but pet pathing is annoying at times. It is also quite a standoffish profession, though direct damage nanos may improve, as I say, only lvl10.

Doctor's are pretty neat, know an atrox one with a shotgun, can stand up to quite a bit and dish it out - and you'd have no probs getting a group. So a 'combat medic' as it were might be good for you.

I have an excellent suggestion for you!

An excellent team would be:

ENFORCER (Sledghammer) / MARTIAL ARTIST (Shotgun)

I know the shotgun is dark blue, but consider this...

You've got an enforcer to do the tanking, right? That means you can pump up your healing skills and shotgun to the max! MA's have EXCELLENT HEALS that cast very fast in combat, plus you get a CRITICAL HIT BUFF for that shotgun which only requires one skill... plus with a ranged weapon you never have to worry about one of you being rooted!

The strongest combo is Crat and NT.

Mass Daze or Root plus Area of Effect Nuke = A hell of a lot of xp

hmmm.

Actually.

Soldier doc / Enf doc

Sols and Enfs are the same PVM, they do the same dmg.

NT and crat well, whos going to heal.

My and my bro also have a MA/ENF duo.

We can hunt at NW camps when the mobs are red, and teams struggle our level even with 6 members, thnakgod for brains and alot of time.

I get asked for masteries from enforcers/soldiers on occasion when im grouped cause it lets them use a better mk shield/mongo/whatever. MP+engie is a nasty combo though.

my wife and I have an enforcer/doc combo and so far it has worked out great.
    -HP buffs from both classes
    -I can maintain aggro(using hammer) so she can stay back.
    -wrangled into good shotgun for the doc

at lvl 40 we did a mission full of waste annaconda's, completed without dying

so far we can handle full max diff. mission depending on 1. type of mob, 2 being careful.