Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote To Remove Nodrop On Vehicles

Talking Lend me 5mills?

hello. im lvl 12. if u want to u can just give me 5mills to a plane, if u said its easy to get moneys

Why not just make those planes and cars tradeable, and keep the NODROP (since it would suck to lose it in PvP, e.g. hunting in 25% zones).

I dunno, maybe add a NOTRADE attribute and make it removable with a screwdriver or something.

And i dont think it would screw up the economy, my bet is that noone would charge more than the shop price anyway, its not like its an item that only dops on mobs. There are a lot of other items that are sold for 10 mill+ easily (nullity comes to mind).

Wow, I didn't even KNOW vehicles were NODROP. Stupid, stupid idea; NODROP has always been a stupid idea. It was dumb in EQ, it's dumb here. I found a "The Mid" in a chest a few days ago. It is basically useless to my adventurer, but I have a youngster doc I wanted to give it to. Now I find out I can't?!?! Hope this gets fixed, it would be nice to try and haggle with someone for their "used" Yalm.

And for those who are worried about money sinks, let me fix this problem. Have one of the artists spend a week or so making up some KICK-ASS clothes (something like the Miir trenchcoats on steroids, imagine a Miir coat with a moving dragon on the back or the like) and then price them all at 6-7 million dollars apiece. Prestige, folks. The greatest money sink of all.

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com

Post Yes and no...

I can see why they made vechiles NODROP. Yet another thing for some high level char to mule down to another of their chars. (yeah, I know they can mule down money, but still, make the twinks work harder). Besides, iof you want someone else to have a car you find, let them loot it from the chest. (and yes, I know it depends on who is on)

However, I do think we should be able to do some sort of trading with vechiles. Howzabout a used car store, where you can sell cars. Maybe an NPC broker who will handle trades between players.

Smile Nodrop=nogood

Definatly dump the nodrop tag off vehicles. Never could understand why it's there in the first place. Is Rubi-Ka that hostile to used-car salesmen? =)

+++++++++++++++++++++
    Redtaype
    64th Solitus Bueacrat
    OmniTek, RK2

"OmniTek and lovin' it!"
    +++++++++++++++++++++

NOtrade ok...

That was the aim of this post yes... Trading vehicles would be great... As we have seen there is bunch of players who find lot of vehicles, they simply have luck so i doesn t want somebody to tell that it is hard to get a yalm... It 's all about luck... It would be hard if we had to have 120 tokens like i have to wear it, yeah in this case it s hard... Fo rexample the number of tokens should determine the % chance to find a yalm!! Plus a player who find a yalm should never find another!! Here is my point of view...

Angry bump

Especially when i had to reroll my ma because of the upcoming hammer nerf (i would like to transfer the yalm to another char)...

BUMP!!! or IP WIPE!!!

Re: bump

Originally posted by choingus
    Especially when i had to reroll my ma because of the upcoming hammer nerf (i would like to transfer the yalm to another char)...

BUMP!!! or IP WIPE!!!
    I feel your pain. I am in the same situation as you are.

I VOTE NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I earned my Yalm. Make others earn it too. And no drop means I can't accidently drop it.

I don't care that much about the NODROP tag on vehicles (though I think it's dumb)....but having different paintjobs on them would great! I want a candy-apple-red Yalmaha. Not another generic chrome one. Cars have ALWAYS come in a variety of colors.....Lots of social armors in different colors and patterns. How about the vehicles too?
    • Lvl48 Agent on RK1
    • 3D Graphics Programmer IRL
    • FORMER Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Programmer & Platform Manager (ERDAS, Inc.)

PFFFFF

WE SIMPLY CAN T SAY WE EARN A YALM THAT S ALL ABOUT LUCK EXCEPT IF YOU BUY IT!!!!

I can see why everyone wants the NoDrop removed, but it really is there for a very good reason. The high-end game simply has too much money. Players no longer buy expensive things from stores, rather from eachother. Money enters the system and never leaves. It's simple enough. I know it's frustrating not to be able to sell your ql 31 yalm after you upgrade to your ql 77, but in this case I view it as a necessary evil. After all it is the most expensive purchaseable item in the game (to my knowledge). To make it only availible through kiosks and dumb luck is a start attempt at maintaining the value of money.

It's a hard point to see, and I can't honestly hold it against someone if they can't see it. If there were a more suitable way to get money out of the system employed, then we could have this discussion. But as is, I would say no ammount of votes, no ammount of petitioning will get the NoDrop off your cars.

I neglected to bring this up. I know a lot of lowbies (lower lowbies than I that is) hate that the yals are so expensive because it means they won't be able to get one for a long time. Again... it's good for the player. It makes getting a yalm seem all the sweeter. If they weren't nodrop, and you could buy them for 100k from any player, they would lose their luster. They would just be another easilly obtained item (point in fact, the already are with most high lvl characters).

I have a bunch of Useless Vehicals that i found in missions, I dont want them But i cant Give them away, selling them is worth Zip when it comes to there value, WTF???

Remove no drop.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by DiL
    They would just be another easilly obtained item (point in fact, the already are with most high lvl characters).
    Im level 57 and have a Ql 50 Yal

I have a Level 13 Crat that has a Ql 30 Yal

There no that hard to attain its just the skill req to use that is hard to attain.

Ticks me off my crat has had that yal since level 8 still cant use it with out droping money on some implants, oh well by level 15 he should be able to use it
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

AS ALWAYS

AS always we dont get a f*** answer of FC. Do you know FC we like to discuss eachother but we like some answer to our reclamation too!!!

Ah, now you're certain to get a response.

While you're waiting for them to bow to your wishes might I suggest some light reading?

In the time spent whining here for No-Drop to be removed you could have bought a Yalm for your alt.

Yalms are the only real money sink, now some will argue that there are higher more valuable items that arent no drop in game, some those items happen to also be trade items which require you to hand it to someone else that can assemble it, and the prices are made by the players, not FC.

I remember when I was new, I couldnt wait to get a yalm, I saved every single cred that came my way, even held off on implants to buy one. Once my char was high enough, and thats any level after level 100, making 5 mil creds is a walk in the park so my only alt does have a yalm now.

If you could trade a yalm or car to any newb that joined the game, that would kill half the experience of getting the thing in the first place. You know there are many times in your real life you will spend a ton of money and then realize you shouldnt have with no way to get it back.

If people really want them sellable to vendors, there should be a massive reduction in price, you would only get no more then say 100k creds back at max, try and trade a used car at a car dealership someday you wont get remotely close to what the car may actually be worth.

Jagdtyger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast