Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bug List

- Treatment Clinic Exploit is still there.

It needs to be fixed. Now.

Well, if you are 'invisible/not there' in a store to a friend, try both of you hittng F9. You may well find that you aren't IN the same 'store'/playfield. (check the playfield ID numbers)

Stores are autogenerated, and it's possible, apparently, for you to get a different one generated at the same door, perhaps if the 'current' live store there is overfull. Normally, if someone is 'in' a store behind a particular door, anyone entering should be placed 'in' that specific store playfield, but, it doesn't always work that way.

Team recruit bug

When in a team, and either crashing out or LD'ing, you frequently cannot rejoin the team, getting a message "cannot join a team while fighting", even though none in the team are fighting anything whatsoever...

Once we got around it by relogging, another time we had to kill something to be able to recruit again.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Angry

Rage is now broken! Please fix it back to pre 13.8 status.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

fighting after dead

This happened in 2 missions where it seemd to start out fine and eventually ended up like this.

See mob, press q.
    All damage I would do to the mob until it was dead would instantly show on the chat.
    mob would then shoot back even though my client sees the mob as dead(ie. I can't fight back now)
    Mob would continue to shoot for the number of rounds it took for the damage to occur even though that damage was already shown to the client.

So here I am wandering about a mission with stuff thats dead following me and shooting me. Was really funny as they appeared as if they had some sort of slow running.

Zoning seemed to fix the problem, but it happened again in the next mission.

In addition I am seeing mobs that fight back once dead when I play as an NT. The mechanics are different enough that it can't show all the damage I guess. In one case I was doing the backflip for the next level and the darn thing nuked me and killed me, then fell to the ground dead. Here I am in the throes of death right after I kill the darn thing that just killed me. Both of the bodies laying on the ground. Oh well at least I didn't lose any EXP on that one!

Mustafo

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but it's a small but annoying bug.

I went into a mission, cleared it out and picked up the item (find item mission) since I had a number of maps (NL and Mort), a wealth of info tools and some trimmers in my inventory, the item I picked up filled the last slot. No worries, the token and the mission reward just go to the "Overflow" screen waiting to be picked up. I click the token which is put into my inventory, right click it (w00t!) and then I click the mission reward (deck range increaser). It disappers from the overflow window and into my......hey wait........it's not in my inventory?! Multiple zoning didn't fix this, the item is lost forever Tested again with a backpack full of plasma I used to fill up my inventory before the end of the next mission, same result.

No harm done in this case, but I can immagine someone doing a mission for a Q200 coat or weapon, wuold be quite upset if it happened to him/her.

GreetingZz

-Mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Mahdi, you didn;t tell us whether you had cleared space in your inventory or how much space. The overflow window is much like a backpack, if I see it correctly. As with a backpack, you can't use or install directly from it - with any security. If you right clicked on the token and it went to your board that was pure luck.

I alwas, as in ALWAYS, check my inventory before taking the mission goal. I managed to frget once and when the overflow window came up I first opened a pack and moved some of the mission "junk" into it and then closed the pack. Then I left-clicked the items in overflow and moved them, one by one, to my inventory without a problem.

Taking a bit more time and moving more slowly has saved me many a time. <smile> Like the "bug" with pets not following, I seldom have that problem with my Engineer as I move almost always in "attack" mode (H key) so I move slowly and the pet robot has less of a chance to get confused. I watch folks run through rooms, jumping over tables and chairs and then get all upset because the robot is lost.
    Roguespierre - Clan Adventurer
    Roboguru - Clan Engineer
    Icaria - Clan Fixer
    Attaboy - Clan Martial Artist
    Fresnel - Clan Meta-Physicist
    Zapya - Clan Nano-Technician
    Beaucrat - Clan `Crat
    Bullethead - Clan Soldier - Test Server

For the record: I left clicked the mission reward from the overflow window, and at that time, there was enough room in my inventory. I had also left clicked the token and that went into my inventory. Then I right clicked it and it was counted. I didn't try to install from the overflow window itself. You are right when you say things like this should be avoided though.

Another bug came to me last night. I had equipped a biomech cloak (which indeed fits the backslot now) but every time I zone, it disappears. I have to reequip it to make it visible again. The stats are unchanged (cloak still works) it's just not visible anymore. Kind of crappy since I use different types of armor. Makes me look like a badly made rug.

GreetingZz

-Mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Re: An annoying attack bug...

Originally posted by TheDarkOne
    I have only started experiencing this bug after the 13.0 patch.

I'm a crat. When I attack a mob, I use my pet and DD nanos, no weapons. I'm in a mission (I haven't hunted since so this is the only place I know for sure that it happens) and there's a mob I want to attack. I send in my pet, who starts attacking the mob, and I use my DD nanos. While I'm attacking the mob, all of the sudden, it automatically turns on my combat. I have no weapons on, so it's making me hit the mob with my fists which does about 2 damage. This wouldn't be that big of a problem except for the fact that it somehow interferes with my nano casting. Other than that it's a really big annoiance and has never happened before.
    Move your agg/def slider all the way to def.

Rilfe bugged? Now, all my Agents rifles require Aimed Shot and Rifgle of the same amount!!! What the heck is going on with this.... anyone else experienced this?
    Anatha - Egyptian Goddess of Love and War

Anatha - RK2 - Tank with a Pet

Thumbs down Enforcer Bug

Since last patch (20/03/02) a bug seems to have creeped in.

When i cast challenger to cyclops (the cheapest one), i don't do damage anymore except with brawls. that is, a lot of swinging and fast attacking, just no response in the text area and no damage being dealt. Brawl works fine. This continues until the nano lock is gone. Then everything reverts back to normal.

Did anyone else get this problem?

Also, it appears that since the same patch, i'm doing a hell of a lot LESS damage. (Doing 4 damage with a sword that has 4 as min. dam., but i'm also wearing 2 power rings +1 melee)

Larath
    OT Enf lvl17

Angry map disappearing

one more bug: the map disappears after i alt-tab out of AO and back. so, i usually have to relog. that's not a very pleasant thing to do...

This is a really small bug, of not much consequence, but it was odd so I thought I'd bring it up.

Whenever my alt soldier tries to equip a gun from his backpack, it says, "This item requires a computer deck." All I have to do to get around this is place the item into my regular inventory, then into my weapon slot. Odd glitch...

Arrow

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    This is a really small bug, of not much consequence, but it was odd so I thought I'd bring it up.

Whenever my alt soldier tries to equip a gun from his backpack, it says, "This item requires a computer deck." All I have to do to get around this is place the item into my regular inventory, then into my weapon slot. Odd glitch...
    Yeah, and some items you can trade from backpacks, and some you can't for no obvious reason...

Originally posted by Darkbane

Yeah, and some items you can trade from backpacks, and some you can't for no obvious reason...
    Guess what? Last night I tried to sell an implant from my pack to the shop term, and it said "Can't trade from pack - yet." Then, I picked up another implant from the same pack, and it worked just fine - straight from the pack to the shop term window... This is definitely buggy.

You can't sell the "Pick-Up"-Items of the Missions directly from the Bags. I guess this was implementet, because it was able to rightclick the "Retrieve"-Items on the Missionterminal and keep them, if they where in your Bag. (long ago)

Some Bugs:

- Bugged doors in missions (I've experienced mostly if I'm running through missions while MOBs are chasing me) . You are stucked in a room. If you are not in a fight, just relog. If you are fighting and you can't see the MOB, you are dead because the MOB shoots double as fast as normal.

- MOBs wont die. (Allready mentioned here somewhere but still a prob). Sometimes it displays ~10 hits with the first hit I make. A MA Specialmove can sync the healthbar of the MOB again.

- Healthbars on the Teamdisplay are bugged. (Not showing damage taken and stays at 100%, even if I'm nearly dead)

- MOBs hit while casting (programming) Nanos. Once the NF ist castet, it shows me a doublehit on the Chat, that I've allready taken while the MOB is casting (check healthbar when the MOB starts casting).

- Nanos hit your NCU just when the MOB is starting to cast the NF, doesnt matter what attacktime the NF needs. No chance to interrupt the Caster.

- MOBs are off for a walk now . Sometimes the MOBs are wandering arround. Yesterday I've found 5 MOBs in small room. No time to make a screenshot.

- MOBs stuck in walls. Especially if you are running away. They disapear and hit you wherever your are.

- MOBs and parry. Was it intended that even yellow NPC-NTs have a Parry skill, that is far and beyond my level? (had that allready with level 80 while wearing a full set of of ql 125 Implants).

- Money sometimes disapears if the trade (with other player) is cancled. (zoning does NOT help! The Credits are gone!)

- Flower of Life is bugged. You suffer damage if you use it instead of healing you.

- The Pathing of the MOBs is crap. Some MOBs just start running arround and into other rooms and pull some more MOBs to you if you don't stop hitting them (while they are in another room).

- Ahh yeah, the Physical Init for MAs is bugged btw...

Greetz
    Haxaw / Xlord
    MA since release

Team members have a tendency to turn invisible to some/all others after some time when in a mission area / dungeon.

2 known workarounds :

1) Move 3 rooms away and come back
    2) Zone
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Don't forget probably the most serious bug of all--disappearing IP.

See more here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=18337

Post for your attention ...

A list of errors concerning adventurer nanos being posted over at the Adventurer prof board:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=19246

Please don't ignore that thread, thanks.
    Last edited by Inocybe; Apr 16th, 2002 at 10:00:50.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

damage shields

Originally posted by Ashuras
    Could u add that ADV Reflect shields no longer reflects damage of DOTs ?

It was not mentioned in the list of intended changes. SO I hope this is a bug and NOT A NERF.

note that not a single one of the adv shields is called reflect.

ponder this for a moment.

yes, the game mechanics on them may use in the modifiers "reflect fire ac" etc, but the description etc do not mention it. nor does
    the name.

go back and look at em if you like. i can wait.

now, since they are NOT reflect's, and that is established, lets move on.
    they do damage to any attacking you. fine. you are saying that dot nanos are an attack. i for one agree, in principle...and should hit the guy with damage when he casts the nano. lets say...a doc or agent hitting you with a virus/poison.

ok, so when he hits ya, he should get the damage. yep. i agree. completely.

but after that, the bots are in your system. that mob could be DEAD and you'd still be attacked. if it was a player, they could zone, and you would still be hit buy those (cencored) little bots.

i agree that the first one should be dealt with, and damage applied. but after that.....dig the lil buggers out, cause ya don't want that damage shield affecting things inside yer body.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast