Thread: Katara Sunglasses

Angry Katara Sunglasses

I had mine since first week of the game. They were rare, they look good, and it's a status symbol. Although it seems like a petty issue, having better stuff than everyone else is one of the driving points in an online game. Why the hell do the people at Funcom have communistic tendencies, when something gets rare and special, they make them reappear and make it easy to get for everyone. (nano armor, elite armor, sunglasses etc)
    While some might argue it's only fair to give everyone a chance to get them, it makes acquiring stuff to look unique pointless. When I first started, people had unique looks, and it's fun to look at people's armor. Now everyone is a clone, wearing the same sh*t as everyone else. Do Funcom plans to turn this into another EQ where everyone looks alike and boring as hell? The game is screwed enough as it is, instead of messing with stuff like Kataras, they should concentrate on fixing the dumb bugs instead. Another example of misdirected effort at Funcom. And yes it is ridiculous if you hang out around omni and 90% of the people you see wear elite armor.

We want exclusitivy, and if some people ain't smart enough or won't put up the effort to get the good stuff, then it's their problem. Funcom shouldn't listen to their whining and just make stuff reappear when someone ***** they're "hard to get". We worked hard to get our nice stuff, and it's really annoying when the stuff you worked so hard for, becomes available again and every single newbie starts selling them on the shopping channels.

Katara sunglasses...

You worked hard for those sunglasses? How so, if you got them in the first few days when they were easy to get?
    Its not like you did an epic quest or anything like that.

But I agree that everyone wants to be unique and seeks special items. Its one of the driving forces of such a game and its been underestimated by the makers of this one...
    Kinda difficult for things to be rare. All the shops sell the same stuff, so everyone can get it. Making them spawn less in shops just gives the lucky ppl the possibility to rip off other players on the shopping channel. Another thing is travel. You can travel fast from one end of the world to the other and still everyone has/wants a Yalmaha to get there even faster and with less risk...
    Under these conditions its difficult making something really rare or hard to get.
    Solution would be to make it mission rewards for hard missions only (any level) or items that can only be playermade.
    What I really want to see are unique shops, that sell certain items only there and more regions who are hard to get to unless you bring your fixer.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

They should have just kept them common form the beginning and never took them out in the first place. As far as looking good and being a status symbol...that's a matter of opinion. As far as everybody wearing elite and looking the same, I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that wear it or normal omni for the protection that it provides rather than the look. As far as looks...maybe if other armor didn't look like crap (organic and graft, bio helm, tech armor, no kevlar or ma helm) some people might wear something besides omni. I feel sorry for clans and neutrals if they want to look good and they RP a little and dont switch sides to just equip armor. I'm also glad that things are more common now, as it should keep the economy in check. A little too late, though. FC should have never taken the items out of missions and shops at the same time.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

lol.. I had Kataras.. Keelars, and several tatoos.. all before they became common.

"Bah!"

exclusive wear

I want a neon red or hot pink cod-piece!

The sunglasses are lame

Katra sunglasses look fruity.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Sunglasses

I tried sunglasses once.
    My extra tall opifex couldn't wear them.
    They were shown as being in the middle of his face, where one
    of normal hight might have his eyes...

Vilbo
    Extra tall Doc Opifex lvl 38 RK2

The one's he's talking about are the mirrored glasses, and yes they work fine on Opifex, unlike the one;s you speak of.

Another great idea i saw and hope it gets implemented is another "clothes" tab in the "wear" window and those clothes would show, covering the lame armor.
    We got a ton of clothes and it should work great with that suggestion. No more same looking characters