Viro
    [200]-[Neutral]-[Adventurer]-{RK1}
    Game first !!! 200 Neutral!!!6-16-02

Sheath, Sling, Holser, Whatever

Swords at sides or over back
    rifles slung over shoulder
    pistols in holsters
    support beams slung over shoulder

have a toggle for it so it is delayed to equip like it came from your back pack

Mainly something that would enhance social look and attitude you want to protray, friendly or not friendly...

*Bump* this fell pretty fast heh
    Viro

another bump

I really thought they might add this in nw's graphics improvements, but no.

Still waiting

Agreed...definite need for this.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Well hats and glasses are a step in the right direction.

Sheathed weapons next please

oh yeah, I want my swords crossed on my back when I'm not using 'em
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

This is a wonderful idea. I wouldn't mind waiting for it to be done, as long as I knew it was being done and being done right.

I'm sure there are a lot of issues to be worked on in-game, but this would add immensely to RP value of the game... and it would just be very cool.

So read this again, FC. Take it off the wishlist and put it to work. I think a lot of people who have posted and those who haven't would thank you.

*bump*
    Viro

Yep. Very cool idea. I'd LOVE to see hip holsters for pistols, rifles slung over the back, etc...

The only thing that makes me wonder about it's feasibility is this:

Look at sunglasses- one model, and they sit wrong on one breed (Opifex). There are many, many weapon models. So there are many, many possible weapon/breed combinations.

Might be so complex it's not going to happen.

But I don't know because I didn't build this game. If it's feasible, I would SOOO love to see it.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

*bump* this fell fast!
    Viro

*Bump*
    Viro

good ol christmas bump hehe
    Viro

Bump!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

*bump*
    Viro

I'd like to see peeps get massive penalties in dealing with shops when weapons are active in their equipped gear. Maybe even warnings and potential attacks by SAME SIDE guards if they walk around town with guns out. There would be a grace period, such as when entering a pvp zone, like 30 seconds to disarm or something.

Certain towns might be looser in restrictions, like the neutral towns, but in the primary clan and omni towns, there'd be same-side consequences.

I'd also like weapons to naturally be de-equipped when sheathed, so to wield them again, you have to meet the equip requirements I bet that'd slow down all the insane OE of weapons that goes around.

Aside from the visual effect, Im not sure if sheathing should have any real benefit. Possibly quicker equip time than a weapon not listed as 'sheathed', but I dunno how'd they manage to tell the difference.

*New year's Bump*
    Viro

Going through OE again to re-equip a holstered weapon is going to make this idea very unpopular.
    when you Sheath it should still be equiped just not shown graphically...the weapon sits in it's strap, sheath, holster, whatever.

I think if you holster the weapon, pressing Q on a valid target in a valid gas zone should automatically un-holster and start firing, swinging etc. I don't want to have to type in a chat command /unsheath or something to force the gun out although that should be available in case I want the weapons out but not firing on something.

These thoughts could be in the previous 7 pages somewhere but I didn't want to wade through 700 Bumps by Viro

Good idea Viro, would love to see it implemented.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast