Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sheathing weapons

I've been wanting weapon sheathes/holsters in -every- online RPG I've ever played. This is a fantastic idea, and I think it should be implemented!

I always thought it odd the crowd of people running around o-e, brandishing Nova Flows/Vektors/Riders/BBIs...

Of course, we might have to make a special Fist holster so MAs could be disarmed...

I likey like

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but DaOC (an abortion of a game) does this with their weapons and it looks great.
    Very much for the RPers though, I doubt anyone else would care.
    I hope Funcom can do this AFTER they fix our real problems.

Yeah would like to see the current issues resolved first but this could be tied in with the OE patch in a certain way. Everytime you sheath/holster/sling your weapon there is a skill check on it and if you don't have the neccisary req you can't get your weapon out of the sheath/holster/sling. Think that idea was metioned earlier, sorry for taking the idea.
    Greywolff
    Proud member of theBlack Watch Regiment
    Murphy's Law: Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy more people to shoot at

Re: I likey like

Originally posted by Ghostbird

I hope Funcom can do this AFTER they fix our real problems.
    Yes, if we were to go ahead with this (cool) idea, it wouldn't be something we would be focusing on in the near future. Definately something to put on the wishlist though. I'll keep this idea on the burner.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

BUMP

/me imagines heavy gamma beamer across my back
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Woo Hoo! finally got a Dev to answer!

Wink

Yeah an actual answer, and not just an post in a funny thread.
    Oh my, I´m impressed.

cant we at least get disappearing weapons when we hit "holster" pls? (and a reload key? - my bbi are 60*2 , reload every 120 shots heheehe...but i still remember my time with the steiner...yuck!)

no holster gfx, no new items....just disappearing or "sticking-to-certain-body-part" weapons.... .... ...... ....... guess we ll have to wait till expansion
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

Angry

I want it before any expansion, like in a few patches from now.

Thumbs up Things that go...

BUMP!
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

WOO HOO!! - I'd love to see my Rider Warblade slung across the back of my battlesuit! - or my bow across my back.. or my rifle hidden under my cloak!

and if i had two pistols or swords, i'd love to have then holstered!

WOO HOO for this wonderful idea

*hint for the dev team if they want to add something 'special' to this game - this would be it!*
    MP Deity Mike "Platy" Theplatypus

Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by Sarivok
    Yeah would like to see the current issues resolved first but this could be tied in with the OE patch in a certain way. Everytime you sheath/holster/sling your weapon there is a skill check on it and if you don't have the neccisary req you can't get your weapon out of the sheath/holster/sling. Think that idea was metioned earlier, sorry for taking the idea.
    I think testing the skills goes against the point. The idea is A) To look good, and B) To be able to visually unequip weapons without having to get the buffs to get them back on (Often a nightmare)

Holsters and sheaths get suggested in every MUD and MMOG I have ever played (I have played a fair few )

It always sounds like such a great idea, yet I have only ever seen it implemented once and that was in a MUD (I didnt play DAOC).

Yes it worked very well and was cool. 8)
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

I am bumping today

BUMP!!!
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Ohh awsome idea, and Cosmik seems happy *yay*
    Drewling... :P
    2h wall blade at the side, shotgun hidden in the cloak, 1h weapons on the back or side... 2 guns holstered... woho!

^Bump^ the thingy up!

*bump* Jus wanted this back up again

this should go along with that social patch =]
    bump

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast