Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sheathing weapons

Great idea man. This would add to RPing and we wouldn't need to unequip our weapons to go to clubs and stuff. Although I can't picture my small solitus soldier with a heavy gamma beamer across his back or an atrox with a beam in a sling across his back I still think its a great idea
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Um, I would suggest just hiding the weapongraphically, but leaving it equipped (not usable) *shrugs* Easiest thing to do.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

But how will we sheath our beams!?

Put it the same place you put the 5 backpacks and loot you gather. :-p

vrach missed the point.

It's not that we want our weapon to disappear, but we think it would add a lot of roleplaying if we could holster it or sling it across our back.

Nice tie in. :-)

Across back, in infinite space, same diff, eh.

If you want it in ASAP, the dirty fix is to just hide the item. If you want to wait for FC to reanimate everything and code in new mount slots on all 7 models and various sizes, then for every type of weapon, I hope you enjoy your feature in 8 months.

reanimate everything

They aint done it "already"

Im very sure it wont take long.
    And who said you had to animate the weapon being moved into place.
    Why not simple have it "Appear" on the back or in the holster or something, it would save ALOT of time.
    Simple attach it like a tank armour but in a different location "dah"

I mean if they can model those wonderful dungeons in what a month or so or less I dunno when they started.
    Im sure they can do this.

I would like to see gun holsters take up a ultilities slot so it can be used with trenchcoats and backpacks (ala. max payne and lara croft style.)

They could also have sword sheaths around you belt that also use a utility slot.

There is a second kind of holster though. These kinds would use a backpack slot. They would be for rifles and large two handed weapons. They would basically be your weapon being carried on your back.

Question

So if you dual wield you need 2 utility spaces?

I was thinking that one utility slot would give you a belt with two holsters already on it...

Not taking up a back slot could be considered an advantage for using small one handed weapons and pistols

Unhappy

Small weapons need any advantage they can get since they are gimped anyway.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    I would like to see gun holsters take up a ultilities slot so it can be used with trenchcoats and backpacks (ala. max payne and lara croft style.)

They could also have sword sheaths around you belt that also use a utility slot.

There is a second kind of holster though. These kinds would use a backpack slot. They would be for rifles and large two handed weapons. They would basically be your weapon being carried on your back.
    I don't think many people would be willing to give up a Utility slot, and definately not a Back slot. It's better, IMO, if holstering/sheathing remains a different feature like the ideas from the Social Clothes thread. Perhaps combine the Social Clothes feature with Holstering/Sheathing?

Psyphen

this would be very nice....I might even consider wearing a gun in towns then...I remember when AO wasnt released I always wanted to be able to have throwing knifes hidden in my sleeves and in my boots.....but throwing knifes dont even exist so....

A lot don´r exist yet.

Thumbs up Hipholsters!!

That would be SOOOO cool!!

I have a crat that is around lev 74 atm
    and BOY would she look even hotter than she does today!!
    Then she would really live up to her name, "Hotsy"

LOVE IT

Exclamation Holsters

What this idea suggests, is weapon holsters. A shoulder item. Perhaps with modifiers like ranged init or melee init etc.

Fabulous idea.

Debitte
    Director-Internal Audit RK2

Hmm... And, to discourage certain people with QL weapons twice their level, the weapon would sheathe automatically when not in combat. Sheathing would unequip, thus forcing the character to reequip once they want to use the weapon again, which would in turn force a skill check.

As people don't always go around with their weapons sheathed of holstered, a few animations could be added to enhance realism. Such as, a character could show off their weapon, and although the weapon would actually be seen within the character's hand, it wouldn't be equipped. Same goes for when the character is within a mission: it would take out its weapon, as if alert.

I know this small sheath system isn't out of Funcom's league... I hope they consider it.
    Something big's going on outside, and we're all too smashed to do anything about it...

thats a really good idea, hammers should be shealthed like the swords that hang on your back, it is a bit to heavy for a waist shealth.

/bump this idea

and maybe i can stop hiting my head when i /salute

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast