Thread: (IC) Why I Am Clan

(IC) Why I Am Clan

The following was originally a reply in "My Stance", but I posted it as a new thread since it is more applicable on it's own.

What we need are not the mercenary free-for-alls that have been presented in this latest scheme with the Warr twins. That disgusts me. The Sentinels are tyrannical, and they are not clanners. They are barbarians. But so are mercenaries who kill based solely on labels, without any regard for individual expression.

I do not think the clans should "take over" anything. I simply want to live on the world of Rubi-Ka with my rights intact, and that means having an OPTION of working for Mr. Monopoly Ross or not. Being affiliated to neutrality will not bring this about, as it is practically a plea that nothing will be fought and opinions will not be given on the matter.

I do not disrespect the neutrals for this. They wish to live their lives as they see fit, and that's their call, they are no less of a people than anyone else. It is simply not my personal choice.

I am clan because I believe in my freedom. I have always believed in my freedom--my right to choice. I have nothing against Omni Tek except for the one thing that keeps me from admiring them wholly: their drive for monopoly. We need other companies on this planet, we need a democratic state under the rule of a governmental structure that listens to all the voices. Not a corporation that listens only to it's budget. Aside from that fatal desire, Omni Tek is a strong company with a good structure, and it is a deservedly successfull house in the ICC.

But the clans offer that system of government we NEED in order to thrive on Rubi-Ka. Some of the clanners are bad, some of them are good. Same with neutrals, same with omni. But it's the general idea, the concept of it all, that keeps me devoted to the clans. Righteousness in freedom of thought, expression, and individuality.

That's something worth fighting for.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Jan 23rd, 2003 at 17:50:17.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Are you sure that you are not clan due to the cost of running your radio station would be to exspencive if you were omni? i mean, with all that marketing stuff?

Well, that is your view, i can agree that the clans could need some leaders.....

hmm... tarryk for PResidente anyone?
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Read Benjacrats response to the recent news. It suggests an organization that could lead to an organized leadership for the Clans.

Please check it out

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

They are all good reasons and all coincide with my opinions except that I personally don't care if OmniTek has a monopoly on notum mining. Now a monopoly on everything isn't ok and a fascism isn't ok. Also, the only way the conflict can ever come to a peaceful conclusion is if we install a planet-wide democracy and OmniTek gets a monopoly on Notum. At least, thats the only way I could see them accepting a democratic government.

And yes, go to Fixerben's link. It is my personal hope the article there will evolve into a national democratic Clan and eventually all of RubiKa government.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"