Thread: A Dovve's Map Upgrade

A Dovve's Map Upgrade

Ive held back on sharing this map with anyone else other than my guild and a few friends, because other mappers who've untaken similar projects have been met with some hostility.

Producing an in-game map which contains information about dyna camps and some unique mobs is a contentious issue really - I dont want to take away the pleasure of finding these things out for yourself, nor do I want to take away from the people who have made the effort to find these things for themselves.

However, Im of the opinion that since most of the information contained in my map is readily available at fansites and within this forum all im doing is moving that information to a more convinient location and anything that encourages folk to get around the famtastic landscapes on offer on Rubi-KA as much as I have in the making of this map is a good thing.

Enough waffle anyway heres what ive changed:

-Revised Some Text and the Colour scheme to show more of the terrain from the original game map
    -Revised Grid Requirements list to include Borealis and Old Athen
    -Ammended Grid points in Trade and Tir and added Old Athen and Borealis

-Added Dyna-Camp markers and approximate boss level
    -Added Unique Encounters markers
    -Added Legend For Unique Encounters

The Dyna-Camps contained in the map represent the event that took place within my guild over the few days following patch 14.5 and the hard work undertaken in that event to find all these locations.

For the Unique Encounters section I used Darxy's excellent thread and all the contributions therein as a reference, in addition to the knowledge gained in one and a half years of playing AO.

Last word must be a mention for Dovve, I wouldnt have even attempted this had she not done all the hard work first.

Try not to laugh but the best I can do for a host at the moment is geocities, fingers can get burnt over bandwidth so its more for the sake of caution than anything else.

Im told if you copy the following URLs and paste them with a space after it will work just fine.

http://www.geocities.com/urshu2000/raikosmap1.1_big.jpg

http://www.zanity.cjb.net/raikosmap1.1.zip

Edit - ok, thanks to Zanity I have a better mirror for the map at least
    Last edited by Urshu; Jan 21st, 2003 at 12:59:23.

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

hehe gummi ... like the new face ... reminds me of Jules from Pulp Fiction

... care for a royale with cheese?

kymmie
    Izola "Kymaene" Thompon
    Board Member, Black Orchid

Thumbs up

Thank you Urshu. Finnaly a dovve mod that i really like!

thats pretty damn sexy
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

The zip file like times out before it starts downloading and geocities says your over your limit so can't even see the pic.

Nice map, you missed atleast 4 LCC's but good job overall.
    However I have no idea what you've done with that zip link.. it tries to launch as a page then times out..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Thanks

Im hoping to add the things ive missed as I come across them - I found lots of the things by accident, on my way to other places.

Its by no means comprehensive, Ive seen places that look like they should be dyna camps - but have never spawned mobs as far as ive seen; and then dyna camps in places which dont have any of the usual 'furniture'. Its hard to pin down to an exact degree, but I hope to get there.

The link for the zip file should work if you rclick and choose save target as..

Re: A Dovve's Map Upgrade

Nice one dude.... I like this map a lot...

I really appreciate if you could keep on working on this one, when new info about camps and stuff is there.

Good job
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Grats nice work!!

will install it as soon as i come home
    Jack Violax Burton - Atrox Ma 218/17 - General of Coven of Hunters
    Leveling Eq - Tanking Eq

Very nice

Thanks Urshu
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Awesome! Still missing a few spots but I love it never the less. Excellent work.
    Lovio - 140+ MA of the Mercury Dragons
    Maiu - Gamma Ejector wielding trader maniac - also loves to tradeskill and doesn't eat babies.

bump for this great map
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"