Thread: Role Against Breed Dare to excel

Angry Role Against Breed Dare to excel

I Have rolled Several Characters With rare and abnormal Breed/proffesion combos, Like My Opifex Enforcer, and FC screws me by making armor That only other opifex professions can wear like Cyborg death squad armor, Sence/Agility but it's fixer only, So soon I will be the only one wearing Obtru armor running around in my ql 100 modernized icc bodyguard cloak at lvl 91 looking all brutish

I can understand Breed only armor, My Opifex could not fit into armor that Was made for a Atrox, but an opifex fixer and an opifex enforcer are two cookies cut from the same cutter, In a game that is sapost to offer Diversity and Combat based on your choices, If you make an armor make it based on Breed/base skills not the Profesion you chose on the first day you could play the game

This Post is For Breed specific Armor, So make Some really cool heavy Tanks for the Atrox population, make it all spiky and Evilish looking for them, and big so that it looks like no other proff could wear it, Some really dark Evil looking nanomage armor that adds to all nanoskills, like that crap you added for the NT's, but for all nanomages, and Some cool armor For all opifex not just agents and fixers, So that our breed means somthing other than what normal armors we should posses, Make us stick out as the Individuals we Deserve to be!!!

I'm not saying Screw Fixers out of there cyborg death squad, make it fixer or opifex only? Or just add an entirly NEW set of armor???? that all opifex could wear!!!

for 12.95 a month adding a few new colors to an old texture wouldn't be to much to ask would it? I was thinking for the new Opifex armor, a black base using the plasteel model with Hunter orange armor plating on it and the helm of the Steel ribber armor set in the same color combo.. Use better than average stats but not as good as possible like carbonium???? but who's to say what would Work the best Just think about it FC!!!!!!

oh and add the bronto hide tunic!!!!!!!

The death squad armor was made specifically to help out fixers' dark blue nanoskills. As it was pointed out long ago, fixers nanoskills are difficult to implant effectively and....god forbid anyone would need an MP to cast any of their nanos
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Er, Deac, you're thinking of Padded Love, which isn't really very good, and is single-requirement based on Stamina only.

CDSA is sen/agi, fairly nice, buffs various skills (but not nanoskills, except the minimal SI buff from the helmet), and VERY rare. Prices for it are approximately equivalent to prices for CAS armor.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

There's no real reason for CDS to be profession locked.

If anyone can propose a good reason, I'd like to hear it.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    The death squad armor was made specifically to help out fixers' dark blue nanoskills. As it was pointed out long ago, fixers nanoskills are difficult to implant effectively and....god forbid anyone would need an MP to cast any of their nanos
    Actually, it was the NCU Hacker Interface that was created to help with that because fixers have all 6 nanoskills dark blue and needed an MP to cast any nanos anywhere near ten QLs lower than their current level. Guess we shouldn't complain too much, just look in the Fixer nanocrystal shop and there ain't a whole bunch to choose from anyway. Let's stop beating a dead horse with a stick when it comes to old news.

I have to agree though that the current trend of proffession specific armors and self-only/level locked nanos takes alot away from peoples freedom to be individuals. There are going to be certain breeds/professions that are going to excel with a given weapon simply because of the color of the skill tree and how many points you can put in a different colored skill anyway. Take for example my Atrox Engineer. His intel caps alot lower than other breeds so he (it?)will naturally have lower nanoskills and tradeskills. Pistol would be the obvious choice as far as the skill tree is concerned, but what if I wanted to use a boosted Hellspinner? I don't have that option even though his skills would be much lower than a soldiers due to the dark blue weapon skills involved. I'd thought about having him use a Queen Blade just to be different but since the best 2HE buffs are self only he could never equip it, even though without the Enforcer's Mongo and other class defining (those self-only buffs that are class defining are in my mind fine) he would never reach the effectiveness of an Enforcer anyway. It's just annoying that we've been given the option of a skill based game, but are slowly having these options taken away with more stringent level/class/breed requirements.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    There's no real reason for CDS to be profession locked.

If anyone can propose a good reason, I'd like to hear it.
    I totally agree. Also, if anyone can propose a good reason for why the Cyborg Implants are Atrox-only and NODROP, I'd like to hear that one too.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Originally posted by Slyyk

I totally agree. Also, if anyone can propose a good reason for why the Cyborg Implants are Atrox-only and NODROP, I'd like to hear that one too.
    NoDrop I dunno. But the Cyborg Leg Implant I looted the other day was 6 feet from tip to toe. Look kinda funny stickin' out of an Opi's shoulderblade. =)

if u think opis can only wear sense/agi armor
    and if u think an opi enf is wierd
    then u need to find a big shovel and dig ur head outta the sand
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Opifex

Str/agil sence/agi are the only real choices for opifex, and I play a proud opifex enforcer with great evades, and strong one handed edge weapons skills, it's a good system, since the skill is only based 30% on stamina, hey why not I mean it's not like being a nanomage enf, and CBDS should be breed only if it's intended for fixers cause they have padded love armor for atrox/nanomage/solitus fixers, I mean I am not by anymeans trying to screw fixers I just want a fair shake for me

Re: Opifex

Originally posted by Donzilla
    Str/agil sence/agi are the only real choices for opifex, and I play a proud opifex enforcer with great evades, and strong one handed edge weapons skills, it's a good system, since the skill is only based 30% on stamina, hey why not I mean it's not like being a nanomage enf, and CBDS should be breed only if it's intended for fixers cause they have padded love armor for atrox/nanomage/solitus fixers, I mean I am not by anymeans trying to screw fixers I just want a fair shake for me
    Funny, my opifixer spent 70ish levels wearing STR/STA armor....

I think you do need to get your head out of the sand a bit.

But I also agree that profession locked armors are (mostly) silly; I can see Omni-Med armor being only for docs, but for the most part, silly.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Ack!

I see alot of the post refering to breeds...well what about my Sol fixer... that would exclude me from alot of armor. Armor that is Profession based is because it is geared to helping the class out in areas it has issues in. You dont HAVE to wear sense/agility armor if your opifex..it just is easier to get into.

But explore all the armor options. You too can wear that elite armor if you gear your IP and imps in that direction.
    -Rimor-
    Torrant- 124 crat Sol, Troublex- 84 NT Nano, Torant- 60 trader Trox
    Torzilla- 88 Fixer Sol, Aristodle- 90 MA trox, LyePoe- 54 doc
    -Test Server-
    Liepoe- 70 Doc Sol<--wiped
    Damian- 45 MP
    Torant- 25 Adv

--->"Omni-Tek Protects"<---

Padded love armor

Enforcers have Exactly the name color Nanoskills as the fixer, and if they made Cyborg deathsquad armor breed only it wouldn't kill anyone!!! it's not just CBDS armor, MA suits, If it takes MA skill to wear it make that the requirement instead of making it so Only Ma's can wear it!!! Funcom has Forgotten Diversity among breeds and proffesions
    Now every 2 MA's look the same and every enforcer looks basically the same

I am pushing for more breed based items so an opifex trader and an opifex enf and an opifex fixer can have the same chances at getting armor

Not just Fixers, or ma's, or advents, That we can all equipt the best armors and the best guns and that They let our skills deside what weapons we hold, and armor we wear/ Not that they force us into them...

Sol Fire executioners(adv)
    ithica k-12 vultures(adv)
    Cyborg death squad armor(fixer)
    martal arts suits(ma)
    monkies paws(ma)
    the east wind kitana(adv)
    padded love armor(fixer)

make them more like the beams

support beam(atrox)

it's not to much to ask!!!!

If you've got the skill, you should be able to wear/wield the item.

Down with profession requirements! Up with diversity!

I highly agree with this. I'm not sure how many of you are getting tired of seeing cookiecutter agents in red MA suits all the time. However if I wanted to throw an MA suit on my MP there is no chance.

As said before maybe help out nanogimps (who lack so much in virtually every skill) why not give nanoskill upping armor thats breed specific. Make huge armor that up's simple weapon skills for atrox's (swords, blunt items etc).

Things like this would allow us to keep our Atrox DOC's fully tuned with his gun and make him more of a team helper and not just a healer. This would also make me rethink my anti-nanogimp ways.

And while we are at it, take off the Stupid Atrox only requirement for "Kick Pistol"

-S
    ----------------------------------------
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...
    ----------------------------------------

Re: Padded love armor

Originally posted by Donzilla
    [B
    That we can all equipt the best armors and the best guns and that They let our skills deside what weapons we hold, and armor we wear/ Not that they force us into them...
    [/B]
    that is exactly why i am against it.

all that would be fine if the professions, skills or even the database items were balanced - which is not true.

if you want to give one profession love or a specific item and do not tie it to the profession then you help nobody.

ao is not balanced and balance is something people scream for even more then diversity. my profession sucks, blah blah.

now tell me - if you want to help out a struggling profession or alternatively a profession that does not have any bells and whistles and is unattractive because it is vanilla...

and the game is profession AND skill AND level based...

what do you do?

the simplest and quickest solution is to start handing out profession limited gear.

ao might once have had the noble idea of making a balanced game focusing only on your skills but by now most people agree that it is not possible.

title caps and the levels past your breed maximum in your attributes mean that every class can max a couple of dark blue skills.
    and the theory behind dark blue weapon skills was to balance more powerfull nano or tradeskills.

it might work without title caps when maxing a blue skill would mean to gimp your others... but as it is now, there is nothing keeping a meta or nt or doctor from strapping on a novaflow or a queen blade.
    and imo the screams arising from this by far outweigh any variety issues there might be.

do not get me wrong i like variety and experimentation but you have to be extremely carefull not to kill of a whole class by doing it (edit: read agent, soldier, enforcer...).
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

but to the original topic...

i sorta agree that i cannot understand why the borg armor is fixer only.

i always thought them borgs where soldiers or what not.

additionally, fixers are not really in need of attention at the moment - you wear grid if you can in pvm and whatever else fits if not.

dunno if it helps any in pvp or if fixers even pvp without grid armor though.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by zeroframerate
    If you've got the skill, you should be able to wear/wield the item.

Down with profession requirements! Up with diversity!
    Totaly agree with you.. and while were at it, Drop NODROPS!.. Nodrops should only be used on quest rewards.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Dark blue skills Do make a difference

I play 2 charicters A nanomage Doc, and an opifex enf, Blue skills Sure do make a difference, I have a maxed dark blue rifle skill and it maxes at 685 fully implanted(almost all ql 200's) for lvl 150 and I can't get a ql 200 X-3 on at lvl 150 with a ton of Ip spent, where agents can get them on at lvl 105 with a wrangle and proffesion buffs...

Removing the Proffesion spesificness of a few peices of armor, and a few guns wouldn't gimp the proffesion, Giving my Doc grid armor Would though I agree, but that's why we have nano's to keep docs from self equipting the weapons, But if my MA skill is higher than that of A lvl 100 ma and I want to use a monkey paw thing(the ma only one) I can't cause I am not an MA and this is the problem

If our skills alow us to use somthing why can't we? I mean why Not tack a gun requirment onto metalic mantis armor because it adds projectile damage, and specailize it just a bit more

Make things(esspecaily armor) Breed only or Unrestriceted,it's like saying make the beam Enforcer only and screw metaphysisists, but noone wants that, I sure don't but it's the same arguement you are using on me now

I totally agree with donzilla, adding breed specific gear would add much needed diversity to game play, give our toons some more options to play around with.
    DarkMenace, Lvl. 160 Adv
    DocMenace, lvl 100 Doc
    Military Commander
    General
    3305Local
    www.3305local.org