Thread: Outdoor Missions

Outdoor Missions

Some people dont hunt because they think that missions are faster, or they want tokens or whatever, well why not make outdoor missions? Kinda a mix between the two.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Nice idea. You could have hidden valleys, small towns, lost temples etc. As long as you have to zone to get in, the area can be generated afresh for each mission key holder, as with underground missions.

A nice little addition would be to make a public version of the zone that could be accessed without a key. Wild, outdoor places could be hunting areas or even just beauty spots. Town environments could have save terminals, a few shops etc. Drop in a few interesting NPC's - they don't have to do anything much in terms of loot, quests etc, just have a few anecdotes or snippets of info when you open the chat interface.

Define these "outdoor" areas as indoor on the server to prevent people using Yalms etc. and I think there's no functional difference between this and the missions we already have.

Cheers,

~R~

Exactly.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

it would need some tweaking but good idea

I personally dont hunt outdoors for these reasons:

1) soloing outdoors is a drag with the "add" system how it is.

2) finding a good group is rare, once you have one its wonderful, but the down side is it makes not so good groups seem awful

3) Tokens.

Making a combination outdoor/indoor mission would be neat, maybe collect a few things off outdoor mos, use them on a device you get in an indoor mission and receive your tokens, or something like that.

Anyhow, I bump this to improve over all outdoors soloing.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

WAY BACK WHEN

in the early days of the game, some of your early missions were to find people, and these people were often not in mission zones. I remember running a number of missions that led me to Entertainment sewers to find a MOB. No zoning in required.

================

the prob with this. People walking by and going, hey, look at that grey mob, *bang* mission failed due to someone else killing the mob.

or

Oh hell, look at the really really red mob.. ***** hes agro, run for it. *headlines on tomorrows screamsheet (10points if anyone knows where screamsheet comes from) : Multiple newbies killed today as Milo Chud suddenly appeared in the omni sewers and when on a killing spree.

================

Now im not against the idea.... in fact I would LOVE to see more people out hunting again.. please... it is amazing how many ghost towns are out there now that used to be packed with people.

Just thought you would like to know that there was something like this at one time.
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%