Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my thoughts...

my thoughts...

I have made a low lvl twink, lvl 13 crat, Twlevedown, mainly for fun since my high level game is kinda boring now. I usually hang out in the Tir Arena nowadays...and I usually have a good time. Then we have ppl that like to come in a pick off players when they are low on health at the end of a duel. This pisses me off to no end.

I don't gank. I don't OS. I try to be as fair and honorable as possible when i fight. I am looking to have a good time, I kinda want others to have one too. But when people come in, kill me at the end of another duel, laugh about it, and say, " Well why to you think its 0%? ", I want to fly through my screen, travel across the internet and choke the crap outta them.

This is a game, I know, and I shouldn't be upset about it. BUT, these people are delibrately trying to piss me off. They seem to think that they are the only ones playing and everyone else is an NPC they can do whatever they want to.

And its all for a collection of letters in front of your name.

Titles are a good goal, and I have put a lot of time into this char, and when someone, who in a fair duel I would have a good chance of beating, comes along and kills me at the end of the fight when I HAVE 50 HP LEFT, it really makes a sad statement about those that play the game that way.

If you want to gank, don't do it in the arena. Its 0% for fair fighters, not title hugging gankers. The arena is not a state of war, its friendly peacetime combat. RESPECT THAT.

I know the exact even you're talking about Tetz. You were dueling Spittfyre when Deli came up to give you a whack. A few points:

If you want to gank, don't do it in the arena. Its 0% for fair fighters, not title hugging gankers. The arena is not a state of war, its friendly peacetime combat. RESPECT THAT.
    0% = Mayhem = Not a safe place to 'hang out'. And probably the FIRST spot I'd look for title farming gankers.

They seem to think that they are the only ones playing and everyone else is an NPC they can do whatever they want to.....And its all for a collection of letters in front of your name.
    Deli didn't kill you to raise her kill count. She did it because she could, and it amused us. I hear the arena is like free for all or something.

Titles are a good goal, and I have put a lot of time into this char, and when someone, who in a fair duel I would have a good chance of beating, comes along and kills me at the end of the fight when I HAVE 50 HP LEFT, it really makes a sad statement about those that play the game that way.
    You had no chance, truly. As it happens, I did get drained/AS/Flinged by Theiryn as I was fighting you.

But aside from all that, you did seem to be a good sport about it I guess. Being untitled, it makes no difference whether I would have killed you, or Deli came in for a quick kill. Meant nothing to us, and nothin personal about you. You probably yell at the ones who run/grid out of fights as well. It happens. If it means that much to you Tetz, you'll get your coveted title back.

/me high fives Deli for teh ubar gankage.

Yet another meaningless, heartless gank, brought to you by Yagyu. pfft.
    Last edited by Mundane; Jan 18th, 2003 at 14:20:19.

First of all, don't turn this into a post whining about losing my "Freshman" title. In my first post, I said nothing about losing my title. Titles really dont mean jack to me. The whole reason I even made this char was to test it against others, period. I don't care if i loose the word freshman in front of my name.

If Theiryn did attack you, you should have let me know. The arena is not a free for all. FC removed all those zones.
    Do you think Dodgeman or MSwarm would have said, "oh, it happens.." if someone jumped in on their hour long duel last night?

"She did it because she could, and it amused us."

Once again, I'd like to say that you people are not the only ones playing this game. I am not an NPC to be killed at whim. I do not play this game for YOUR amusement.

wankers...er gankers are teh suk
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

"Once again, I'd like to say that you people are not the only ones playing this game. I am not an NPC to be killed at whim. I do not play this game for YOUR amusement."

Actually, you ARE amusing when you go into a PvP zone and expect not to get hit by people you don't want to be hit by and end up dying.

If you're really that scared, take fight immediately to 75% area, which is extra-easy to do in Tir. Or, find a fight in Tir, and whompah to ICC -- NLC -- NLDesert - Hope and go to the hope bar. Or that building in Wine.

Most people honor 1 vs 1, but there's nothing saying that they have to when the zone is "Mayhem". I'm usually careful, and it helps. You have the right to be annoyed at somebody attacking you unwarned, but it's allowed in the game and the only thing you should do about it is go back and kill them hard!
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

Really these people are not interested in a fair fight like you Tetz, they dont have much consideration for others and well let that be, its their own little life.
    As far as my experience goes I generally dont see any, most people will even politelly ask for a dual and respect the fact you may decline.
    Ganking is weak, but so are some people, what can you do.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Red face

Originally Posted by Tetz - (first post)
    Titles are a good goal, and I have put a lot of time into this char...
    Originally Posted by Tetz - (second post)
    Titles really dont mean jack to me.

Anyway, Yeah, it's a game, and a game in which I/we can do whatever we want to. End of discussion. You don't like it? I don't care. I'm not gonna tell you to stop coming to arena, so I wouldn't expect you to think that people aren't gonna gank you. It always gonna be there, whether you like it or not. It just is. I don't gank either, save for the occasional moron or an unwary Tribs noob, but hell, if I did, get over it.

Or, you can come onto forums (like Alantria) and try to tell me how my inner psyche relates to my game-play, and that I lead a small, uninteresting life, and I'm a weak person, blah blah blah. It's a game for christ's sake. Yeah, I took psych 1a in college too. Analyze me again, Freud.

So, that said, I would like to take this opportunity to give a big hearty 'Get the f*uck off me' to Tetz, Alantria & the psychoanalytical brainchildren, and to the rest of you babbling no-funs. And to Tribs.
    Last edited by Mundane; Jan 19th, 2003 at 09:45:45.

Browsing the forums again, and re-read this thread.. I can't believe I missed this:

The arena is not a free for all.
    WTF? If the arenas are anything, they're EXACTLY that. Upon entering an arena, it gives you a 15 second timer to decide whether or not you wish to submit yourself to 'mayhem'. I guess I just don't find "Suppression Gas at 0%. You will be open to attack in (x) seconds." so incomprehensible. How do you interpret a mayhem zone as 'Not a free-for-all' ?

You see, you have this concept of how you think things should be. You match said concept against the way things are, and it doesn't suit you. Just like nerf-whiners. Their own beautiful ideals vs. the "harsh" reality. You should all be bound, gagged, and tossed off of a pier.

Originally posted by Stexer
    "Once again, I'd like to say that you people are not the only ones playing this game. I am not an NPC to be killed at whim. I do not play this game for YOUR amusement."

Actually, you ARE amusing when you go into a PvP zone and expect not to get hit by people you don't want to be hit by and end up dying.

If you're really that scared, take fight immediately to 75% area, which is extra-easy to do in Tir. Or, find a fight in Tir, and whompah to ICC -- NLC -- NLDesert - Hope and go to the hope bar. Or that building in Wine.

Most people honor 1 vs 1, but there's nothing saying that they have to when the zone is "Mayhem". I'm usually careful, and it helps. You have the right to be annoyed at somebody attacking you unwarned, but it's allowed in the game and the only thing you should do about it is go back and kill them hard!
    Wtf? u stupid or something? stfu.
    If i enter arena i decide who i want to spend my ammo on.

j/k

Nah, i agree with stexer, it is MAYHEM.
    Mayhem doesnt mean 1v1, it can also be 10v10, or 1v2 etc, anything is allowed, but there is some people who i think got a low life ganking people...

And standing in arena with a low lvl PvP twink and expect not to get attacked is stupid... At higher lvl i call it as Roleplaying, at low lvl PvP only chars i call it for PvP, at higher lvl u dont attack same side w/o warning... At lower lvl u are allowed...

Ganking for PvP twinks etc low lvls : Attacking when a guy is in a fight/have just done a fight/attacking when they are testing stuff etc.

Ganking for high lvls : Attacking a guy when he is in a fight/just done a fight/testing weapons @ arena/just standing there.
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.

Where did the idea go that ehm..

Ganking your own side = Bad ?
    Not to mention it would kill your reputation ?

Last edited by Georg; Jan 19th, 2003 at 22:29:38.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I get a giggle out of the people who use the fact that it's 0% to excuse their lack of honor. Arena's for dueling, not for mayhem .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

This subjekt have been discussed how meny times?

First of, the arena IS NOT A WARZONE... it is 0% yes, but it sure as hell Aint a warzone.
    For me, the Arena is a place i go to Test out my Char befor venturing into a warzone. that be MMD, 2Ho, or Tower battles.
    This is what it is for, a freindly inviroment where you can test your Abilitys and Limits befor going of to Battle.

Why do you Guys think its inside the Capital Citys? so Clan can wage war on Clan and omni on omni? hell no! I mean, do you Consider your self at war with you own side? i dont, I.e i dont se Arena As a warzone!!!

Then ofcouse you bring up the fact that its 0%, yes it is... How much good would it be if it was 25%? could you test you skill vs. freinds then?
    This is about the Sillyest Argument of all!

Those who Gank, are those who eigther dont have the skill, or belif in the selfs to actualy do a 1 on 1 duel. And/or only cares about titles. Wake up tho guys, killing some under 50% hp whont help you jack S*** in getting a title!
    Ganking some 1 thats lowhp, debuffed, or LD is nothing less then Cruel when in the Arnea, as this is not its purpose! Do this in tower Raids ect ect ect, thats what they are for.

Just my 2cent.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Originally Posted by Georg
    Ganking your own side = Bad ?
    Not to mention it would kill your reputation ?
    Who says killing a member of your side is bad? You? I don't Role-play. Omni or Clan, if you're near my level, You'd best believe I'm gunning for you. That's what I'm there for in the first place. If you wanna hang around after your refusal to fight me, in the middle of 0% gas, I take that as an open invitation. Plain and simple. Tell me I'm dishonorable, tell me I'm wrong, tell me my 'rep' is in jeopardy, but until it becomes impossible for me/others to do so, I'm going to continue. I don't know any of you, and I really don't care WHAT you think. When it comes down to it, I really don't care about you either. I wouldn't piss on most of you if you were on fire. And you think about that... Should something terrible happen to someone YOU know (or think you know - not personally, but online) are you gonna cry them a river? I didn't think so. Its just like when people b*tch about ninjas, gankers, (such as in this case) or the people you just think are assh*les - You don't know 'em. Get off their back.

Originally Posted by Sredni
    Arena's for dueling, not for mayhem.
    I swear, I'm the only person that is paying attention to my monitor when I walk into the arena. I'm not gonna argue this, just scroll up about 5 posts. Unreal.

Originally Posted by Sarv
    This subjekt have been discussed how meny times?

First of, the arena IS NOT A WARZONE... it is 0% yes, but it sure as hell Aint a warzone.
    For me, the Arena is a place i go to Test out my Char befor venturing into a warzone. that be MMD, 2Ho, or Tower battles.
    This is what it is for, a freindly inviroment where you can test your Abilitys and Limits befor going of to Battle.

Why do you Guys think its inside the Capital Citys? so Clan can wage war on Clan and omni on omni? hell no! I mean, do you Consider your self at war with you own side? i dont, I.e i dont se Arena As a warzone!!!

Then ofcouse you bring up the fact that its 0%, yes it is... How much good would it be if it was 25%? could you test you skill vs. freinds then?
    This is about the Sillyest Argument of all!

Those who Gank, are those who eigther dont have the skill, or belif in the selfs to actualy do a 1 on 1 duel. And/or only cares about titles. Wake up tho guys, killing some under 50% hp whont help you jack S*** in getting a title!
    Ganking some 1 thats lowhp, debuffed, or LD is nothing less then Cruel when in the Arnea, as this is not its purpose! Do this in tower Raids ect ect ect, thats what they are for.
    Ok.. wow. To me, mayhem doesn't mean 'friendly' environment. Why are arenas in Capial Cities? Hell, I don't know, but you seem to think they're there for friendly fighting. Just because you RP types think that clan v. clan battle is wrong, doesn't mean it doesn't fit into the storyline. I'll try to relay this in as much of a role-playing manner as I can: Is it impossible to rule out the presence of terrorism within the clans? Gosh, I don't think Funcom has ever introduced that idea. (Dust Brigade) You can think of me as you're friendly neighborhood terrorist. I will fight you if I see fit. Especially if you're p*ssy-footin' around in the arena.

Now, if the arena was only 25%, there probably wouldn't be Clan guards; in which case, more Omni would come to arena. Result: More people get ganked, but the list now includes Omni. That doesn't mean you won't get ganked. All that would do is prevent you from getting ganked by Clanside.

As far as titles go, only the people who deserve them keep them anyway. Unless someone NEVER fights again, and stays far from tower battles. Again, reverting to the original reason this thread was even created, Deli knew she wouldn't get points. She was well over the margin anyway. "Why did she gank then?" Why not?

If all zones were 0% - 25% suppression, I'd be killing anyone within my level range. Because I can. You say it's wrong, I say it's not. You say it's deteriorating your fun, I say it's enhancing mine. Don't like it? Can't do anything for you.
    Last edited by Mundane; Jan 20th, 2003 at 05:28:56.

Hey, "Beer Baron", doesn't that little flg in you sig mean "justice"
    "honor" and everything that the "God Bless America" thing means? or is it that you're always drunk or something?

Pff..
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Hey Prot, WTF does my fictitious handle have to do with anything? If you must know, it came from Homer on The Simpsons. I thought it was funny. Does it mean I'm an alcoholic? No.

And that flag...... that flag is here to show pride for my country, yes. And until you've served it as I have, don't even try to tell me what it means to me. My patriotic beliefs have nil to do with AO. I don't try to crusade around this community saving women and children while bashing gankers and the like, because I'm a patriot and I believe in Justice & Freedom. The two have NOTHING in common. Try not to confuse real life with an online game.

Aha, gotcha, so, you don't like people messing with ya? right? Well, when you kill some1 in the arena and it seems funny to you, it's the whole opposite to them, it's annoying as hell, so maybe, next time instead of ganking every in sight, try to think the annoyance you're being to them and that you wouldn't like people to mess with you.

It IS a game, but, when you are hanging out peacefully, doing stuff with your freinds and some1 comes and ganks the crap outta you, it becomes a RL problem, because then, you're annoying that person, it is NOT cool for that person to be ganked and it's certainly not funny to them.

Next time you're going to gank some1, remember this saying:

"Don't do to others, what you wouldn't like them to do to you"
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Nope.. If someone ganks me, fine, I don't care. My response to you was only that your first post was both uneducated and irrelevant. Don't try to relate why I have an American flag in my sig to anything in this game. Or my Forum nick for that matter. Otherwise, I don't care what you do to me ingame. If I should die, boo hoo. I have to wait a few seconds before I can claim my items. Big deal - I'm obviously not doing anything too important anyway, if im playing this. Gank away, if you can.

But as I said, I seldom gank, and I never gank anyone in a fight. This whole thread wasn't about me ganking anyone. And if you get ganked, and it becomes a RL problem for you, get some priorities straight in your life. Why does it mean so much? Why even let it bother you? If you're at the arena, I suspect you recognize the possibility of being sent to reclaim? What's the problem?

Fist of all Beer, i dont Role Play, EVER!

But there is still good reason to be true to your faction, If nothing else then just the fact that you NEED you fellow clansmen/omni dureing Tower attacks or defending.

Why do you take joy in ruining others fun?
    That is something that would make me question a person in RL, and is surtenly not some one i would ever wan't to know.
    If you enjoy it in AO, you sure as hell do to in RL, your not a totaly different person here.
    And reptutation has something to say in AO also. but with a lvl 101 main that might be hard to grasp for you. One thing is for surtan tho, and this ime sure you dont get, some day, at some point, you will need the help of meny people in AO to get something you REALY want or to defend a base.
    And then you will have pissed alota people of... and not only the 1's you kill, but their freinds also. You are also in the proses of doing it to the better part of the intire PvP population in AO. not to bright.

Why dont you go to MMD? tower Raids? and Gank all the people you want?
    I mean, theres Raid going on every day more or less.
    ahh, thats right, you probaly louse there so thats no good for you.

What you comming with is nothing but lame excuses and bad arguments to Ruin other peoples fun, cuz you enjoy to do so. now what do that make you as a person?

Agen, the Arena sure as hell aint a warzone, sure it says Mayham, buts thats a generel text output for eny 0% gas zone.
    Where is the reasoning in haveing a waszone within your Capital City???

And Clan terrorists killing clan? LMAO, thats just a silly excuse, look, ime a terrorist i kill people of my own faction in the 1 place ment to Train for battle.
    If you realy wanna be a terrorist go kill som clan bases, and se how long it would be worth for you to stay clan.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Emptiness

I read: I do what I can, if there is no rules to prevent me to do so, I will.

I justify also what I say by my other point of view: it's a game so I can't do what I want, if you're pissed off by what I did or want to do, or even say, go over it it's just a game."

Nice mentality, although reasonable in the first approach. Yes it's a game.
    But what about exploiting ? You'll say that it has nothing in common with this story about ganking in Arena. But I think it's the same. You don't care, you have fun. And if someone is a noob he just has to go f*** himself because he's a noob and should learn the game. Afterall it's a game.

Another thing: if you're not roleplaying when you play AO what you do is related to what you are irl (could that be honor ? consideration for others ? thinking that some could be pissed off while other won't ? - just throwing ideas here). Otherwise you're roleplaying. Then you should reconsider your point and justification (that's the attempt of justification by the "terrorism way of being" - could work but you said you're not rping).

Note: "you" in the text was aimed to The Beer Baron, but can be read in a more general meaning, to gankers.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Beer Baron,

Thanks for that cut and paste on my title statement. I suppose I should have made that statement a little more clear. While titles are a good goal to pursue, people who do it by killing other unsuspecting or unprepared victims are pure dirt. The whole reason I brought that up is that the last time the person killed me in the middle of a fight, she replied "its all about the title, baby." I'd just like to say again, I didn't make this char for the title, I made it becuase I am bored with the game. I will fight a lvl 19 enfo just to try, I really don't care about losing or gaining a title.

My first post included no names. I deliberately avoided posting names to avoid what this thread has become. I did not mention losing my title, either. I did not intend to get "on your back", you brought that on yourself.

BTW, why are you so upset anyway? You weren't even the cause of my irritation. THIS post was directed at no one. I merely made it to let off some steam. I only made this stupid post because the person that did kill me had done it before and I became severely irritated.

I'd also like to reiterate that the whole cause of this post is the fact that I was killed by someone else near the end of a fight when the outcome was too close to call.

I'd delete this stupid post if I could.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast