Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New ways

well funcom predicted that there would be little or no level 200 players at the end of the 'four year' storyline.

they probably implimented the boredom factor to stop people gettting there, however they underestimated our ability to withstand repetetive missions ... yes they did ...

Side note:

I was leveling with a level 195 player the other day, we were all chatting in the mission, as you do to pass the time. then it popped out we were talking about the dead maze in BS and some other places around BS that we 'ran' to when we didn't have a yalm...

the 195 player didn't have a clue where we were talking about, so we asked him a few more 'sights' and not one rang a bell.. this player had over 4000 tokens, and didn't know any of the 'cool' places on rubi-ka...

yes, i may have don'e my share of missions and gotten bored as hell of them, but i still fondly remember my outdoor hinting days, with the friends that have long since moved from the planet of rubi-ka.

There is still more to this game than missions, its up to you to find it. A 1k toekn board is pretty much essential items nowadays, however, after you get it... hunt outdoors, there are plenty of mobs out there, that give the same or more xp (since the outdoor xp bump)

Regards..

Caleena
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

There are alot of things to do in AO yes. RK is big and there are alot of creatures to see. But once u have been in all the zones there are no reason to go back there because this game is so static that u simply know that u will see the exact same thing if u go back out there.

Hunting outdoors is better than indoors when it comes to funfactor. We need more places to hunt. As I said RK is big and I think we need more interesting huntingspots similar to Borgs in Mort/PW.

And I talked with a dude ingame that said that I only thought I knew everything. He said that if I looked around me I would notice alot of things I havent done yet. I asked him exactly what things he was thinking of. He said "Well u havent made a high lvl soldier have u?"

That made me a bit disgusted. Are we really so simpleminded that we make a new char and do it all over again?

I havent made an atrox NT with battlesuit and those incredibly silly bloodworm staffs yet but that doesnt mean the game still has alot to offer..
    Veteran of Equilibrium

True Caleena.

However...

Try getting a team together to go and find these places. At least I have a hard time finding them. Missions are too close and the xp is too good.

I'd rather see xp removed from missions. Missions should be the way to get money and loot, hunting to get xp. I don't get funcom's reasoning on this. They build this huge, incredibly well made planet, graphically. Rubi-Ka looks very good.

Then they make missions such a better cash, loot, xp cow that we don't bother to go out and look at their planet.

HOW ARE YOU THINKING FUNCOM?????????

Save bandwidth, and reduce lag by removing all the areas FC. Just have 3 places Omni-1 Trade, Newland, and Tir. Let all exits from them lead to mission areas. This would make it so much easier for all.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Bump for improved content

Nice posts wrangeline it's very nice to read constructive and positive suggestions like this. 3 cheers for wrangeline!

kymmie
    Izola "Kymaene" Thompon
    Board Member, Black Orchid

Bump!

The BS grind is really getting to me, and I'm only lvl 149.

More rewards for NOT doing BS missions, more rewards for tradeskills, and yes! get those damn KoT's and 'Lick Wound' nanos OUT of the boss loot tables!

More hunting places like Primus camp, and give us SOME outdoor uniques that ONE good team can take.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

And I think meeting a lvl 167 clan adventurer that dont know where Aegan is simply suggests that something is wrong

He is what we call a mission-nerd
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jan 20th, 2003 at 20:59:20.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12