Thread: Bring water vehicles into the game.

Bring water vehicles into the game.

Right now water vehicles are unused.

Make boats cheap enough and fast enough and they'd be a viable way for to get around. They could be geared towards lower (yalmless/gridless) levels and it would add a little more interest and variety to long journeys.

Seems like you could a whole new dimension to the game just by tweaking the existing boats.

Yeah, the biggest problem with water vehicles is they use IP, and there's no point to them.

Yet.

(Hmm... anti air missiles and a river you need to cross in a hurry... could force people to use them.)

The problem doesnt lie on the vehicles, but on the geography of RK. There really is no big mass of water that has to be regularly crossed.

hmmm how about amphibious vehicles which require land and water vehicle skills

/me Casts QW (Quantum Wings) and then equips the hydro vehicle. Always fun =)
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Would be nice if something that was part of Shadowlands incorporated a lot of water.

Or maybe if some cataclysm would redefine some areas or bring some new areas into play that are like bogs and marshes. Maybe all the Notum mining causes people to investigate the possibility of underwater mining?

...and then we can have boats, and submarines, and mermaids, and giant squids, and...

...uhh, yeah. Anyways, bump to finding some way to better use the water vehicles.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Originally posted by Lord Tritoch
    /me Casts QW (Quantum Wings) and then equips the hydro vehicle. Always fun =)
    Hehehe, ever do that and then use your water vehicle to hump a yalm?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I think they should make the hydro vehicles submersible, and then put underwater area's. Like a cave that you reach at the bottom of a lake that leads to a new dungeon... or something .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

I vote for the overcraft.

Some speed boost.
    Float over water or land.

Require a bit of Water and a bit of ground driving.

Cannot go above forest, buildings or mountains.

Might be difficult to implement as you need a way to make a clear distinction between passable and unpassable terrains.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Originally posted by Edvieira
    The problem doesnt lie on the vehicles, but on the geography of RK. There really is no big mass of water that has to be regularly crossed.
    Exactly

PS: Ferry from Harry-20k-ent is pretty nice for low levels