Thread: What is left for RK2?

What is left for RK2?

sadly... many many of my fellow omni's are packing their bags and leaving for tattooine-- either soon, or already sitting at the spaceport waiting in vigilance.

many people scratch their heads wondering why NLC is so dead nowadays. i can tell you why.

half our omni's have quit out of frustration due to being vastly outnumbered by clan filth. and the other half have sunken to the level of a traitor/turncoat/greed monger.

as if this wasnt enough... higher lvl clan are invading our backyards and bribing new omni's with credits and equipment.

so after all is said and done... when all rk2's population is clan and has the most uber items... what is left?

what is left i ask you?

here is what is left. clan's thousand-man-army proceeds to gank the 10 remaining omni faithfuls.

the 10 remaining omni faithfuls finally throw up their hands in pure, utter disgust.. and quit paying funcom to be raped. you can do that for free in RL if that is your thing.

clan then prances around in a triumphant fashion... when really there is no hard battle to be proud of winning.

they soon realize this, and wonder what the point is in playing AO anymore.... and quit themselves.

this is the future... i have foreseen it

Zemanova~ Grandmaster Gimp and Omni Embassador

I feel ya pain Zem, but there are solutions, and I am one to be willing to help as much as I can. Contact me ingame and lets get something going.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Or you can do what I did, which I know is not feasible for everyone. Start characters on Atlantean.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

\checks to see if transdimensional flights gets air miles

Yeah, that's what I'm doing (not do to the imbalance, but rather for the roleplaying. Sometimes it gets a little boring playing AO and only hearing this:

Haiiro: Soldier looking for a team
    Someguy:We got a team, want to join?
    tell Someguy:sure
    -Intermission-

Rubi Ka 2 is too boring! Can't even carry out a convewrsation except to curse Funcom when the servers go down for a patch.

Originally posted by Haiiro
    \checks to see if transdimensional flights gets air miles

Yeah, that's what I'm doing (not do to the imbalance, but rather for the roleplaying. Sometimes it gets a little boring playing AO and only hearing this:

Someguy:We got a team, want to join?
    tell Someguy:sure
    -Intermission-

Heh, I agree. I shake my head when I find that I've fallen into the trap/routine of logging in, turning on tarainfo or whatever towerbotchannel we're using, then checking teh lft channel to seek a team. I haven't been involved in any roleplay in like...3 months. I havent' seen an RP event since Halloween. I'm thinking, all in all, things arent all that much different. The fact I'm getting a bonus to my xp, even if piddly compared to a clan, is still a bonus. I rarely interact with clans anyway, and I've found I don't necessarially care if they own tarrasque or not. I'm probably never gonna go there anyway cause I find the whole concept of camping mobs sad. Its probably the reason I haven't completed my alvin3 quest yet. Only piece I need is TK but I really don't have the inclination to sit around for hours, and hope that I can do enough damage in a 3 minute period when TK spawns, that I can get that last piece.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- to Billy Madison

For what little it may be worth...

...whenever I play on RK-2, I only play Omni characters. It's the same way that when I'm on RK-1, I only play Clan characters.

Still considering a Neutral character, but I haven't been able to let go of my token board just yet.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

I dont really see a problem here. So, omni got outnumbered, so what? So, everybody wants to be a clan (hehe, a rebel they may think), so what? You dont like side XP bonus that you are getting for a kill cause clan has more towers, so what? I play a neut, all the time... get the idea? XP bonus is laughable, you are shot by both sides... Read "Role of neuts" forum, if you need a full picture. Do you see me complain? No! I have choosen my side! No token boards, no nice armor etc. I dont complain, i will never do that because i made my choice. If you wanna be with a "winning" side, just change the side. I like to have a challange in the game. I dont say that to be with more numbered side is no challange at all... Only thing i would like to say (hear me) - this is not a problem being outnumbered! May be the time has come for omni to raise and kick whoever's a$$ Dont take as granted (just because story plot says so) the omni owns the planet. Do something to make it the true statement!
    Last edited by L*Bear; Jan 21st, 2003 at 10:34:03.

Originally posted by LonelyBear
    I dont really see a problem here. So, omni got outnumbered, so what? So, everybody wants to be a clan (hehe, a rebel they may think), so what? You dont like side XP bonus that you are getting for a kill cause clan has more towers, so what? I play a neut, all the time... get the idea? XP bonus is laughable, you are shot by both sides... Read "Role of neuts" forum, if you need a full picture. Do you see me complain? No! I have choosen my side! No token boards, no nice armor etc. I dont complain, i will never do that because i made my choice. If you wanna be with a "winning" side, just change the side. I like to have a challange in the game. I dont say that to be with more numbered side is no challange at all... Only thing i would like to say (hear me) - this is not a problem being outnumbered! May be the time has come for omni to raise and kick whoever's a$$ Dont take as granted (just because story plot says so) the omni owns the planet. Do something to make it the true statement!
    The point is that omni can't win with things the way they are right now. That simple fact results in more people going clan/more omni quitting, leading to the situation reinforcing itself.

Some clanners have said they want omni to put up a fight. That's great, and I respect you guys for understanding that it's not fun to not have the fight (the battle, not the end, is what's important). Unfortunately, its no fun for us to fight when we know we're just going to lose.

When you're outnumbered anywhere from 2:1 to 6:1, ALL THE TIME, it gets frustrating. Many have already given up, and more are coming to the conclusion I reached - this is pointless, and not any fun, so why do I do it?

I'm really not sure anymore.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Red face

I agree with zem, after getting our asses kicked at tara and at about every tower battle the ***** gets lame.. we come on to play a game to have fun not to have to discuss this bullsh*t all the time, so funcom needs to do something about it make charactors transferable to rk1 from rk2 or visa versa. Think of something its ur god damn game... maybe make omni strong, like they should be, so we actually stand a f*cking chance.

Hehe, i feel your pain. I guess it is time for me to create an omni char to help you guys. After all, omni is suppose to be the oppressing side, not the opressed one...
    Only one condition tho: bring some light to your towns.

Strangely enough, as much as I love my Clan Fixer...

...I've been tooling around with various lowbie Omni characters on RK-2 lately. Moreso than RK-1, go figure.

I may not have an impact on the situation anytime soon, but I'm not afraid to be Omni on RK-2 either.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Dying in mass pvp over and over again sucks the fun out of this game faster than doing bs missions at lvl 180.