Thread: Soldiers Total Mirror Shield, Suggestion

Soldiers Total Mirror Shield, Suggestion

Hi.

Do Funcom see the Total Mirror Shield for soldiers as a balanced and useful tool for Soldiers? If Funcom is looking to change the Total Mirror Shield to suit the Soldiers more, then here is a suggestion.

As the Total Mirror Shield work at the moment, it is not used regulary as the Soldiers best friend, which its described to be. The shield is used mainly to aid the soldier to escape difficult situations with the sole purpose of protecting the soldier while he/she escapes.

Here is a few suggestions which is taken from the soldier forum.

*Suggestions for TMS*

- Remove Nano skills inoperative.
    Lock instead Matter Creations for 120 sec (just a suggested time), then we can still use other nanos while the Total Mirror Shield is down. This would be well needed change for Soldiers and it would already be enough to make Soldiers use this tool more frequently.

- Up the damage thats reflected to the attacker
    Double it. Attacking a Total Mirror Shielded Soldier should hurt. This is the Soldiers trademark and one of the reason why Soldiers are different to other professions.

- Use different strains for Reflect and Mirror shields
    Put all TMS in a completely new strain and add code to TMS:
    Remove Self nano_strain_2
    So you could use the MK5 for example while having the RRFe running without cancelling it manually. (Maybe add Nullity Sphere to the same strain).

Thats it, all three changes together would make the Soldiers use the Total Mirror Shield alot more often.

Most importantly is the wish to let the Total Mirror Shield override all other shields to get hold, or to let it get hold along with other shields.

Does Funcom have any concern about the Soldier profession or is these changes not needed?
    Maulkino Hatemachine <OmniCrux>
    Soldier of The Souls Of The Shadows
    "I don't agree with what you are saying but I'll die defending your right to say it"

I like the idea. It'll let me use my crit nanos with TMS up in FP.

Anyway, I think your ideas are very simple and easy to
    implement. Small things that could take soldiers a long ways.

Good thinking Soldier, but I'd e-mail FC. Better luck doing that..

You mean Funcom actually reads their email? (Note to self, find out what their email is, and suggest I become their C.E.O. Forge credentials, claiming I'm Bill Gates.)

well.. bill.. can I get a 500 million credit grant? :P

yes yes yes...

This how it is now, and has been forever, or as long as i can remember, and thats a pretty long time..

As we as sols do NEED the TMS as an escape route, or to tank particularly evil mobs we can not use our own reflect shields, if i need to MK at an instant i do NOT have the time to scroll trough buffs to delete the reflect, hence i dont use it. Wich is very sad as it is very very good as well, wich other people as well has started to notice, before I quit this game the last time some year ago noone would ever ask for a reflect, now it is a common question.

So I kinda wonder why we our self are prohibited to use it, if it wasnt for the fact that it uses same skills as MK no soldier would have it at all. Please funcom could you explain this to us?

I of course realise that casting a 75% shield that stacks with a 25% or higher would make one immortal but we are not asking for that, we just want it to be BETTER then reflect, wich it indeed is, so that cancels out and starts MK instead, this is done with all other line nanos why not this? How is a 17% shield better then a 75? only thing better is duration, wich means nothing in this case.

I also agree 100% on that MK should only prohibit itselffrom being cast, it should NOT give us 400-in a ll nano skills. Wich brings up another thing, whywas it changed from 2k to 4k? i really really strongly doubt there is ANY soldier with high enough nano skills to use any nano at all with "only" -2000, not that it matters I just wonder. Better yet, make MK lock MC skill for example, stilll etting us have access to all our nanos BESIDES mk. Because, ther eis nothing as annyoing as when I cast MK and then mobs drop off, aggroing doc or something stupid and i can not cast aggro, true our aggro line is a joke but ive gotten it to work now and then, MK should work as mongo in this respect, casting it should draw attention, lots of it...

Also agree that it should hit back more, not until MK6 do you get more reflect then Adv biggest reflect, and max is somewere around 139 for MK10 i think, wich is rather a joke, the mobs ones figth when able to cast mk10 wouldnt care about that reflect even if it lasted for an hour.

So please please oh pretty please, with sugar on top, fix this allready?

Not that i have any illusions that they ever will, knowing FC the way i do, asking for an improvement is a sure way to get a nerf.

Not thatit matters much anyhow, ive been back for about 2 months now and do not think ill renew next month, game has improved a lot yes, more then I thougth possible even, but a lot of things has gotten tottaly out of hand. But ill save that for my farewell post.

Anyhow, be well all and so on.

/tell barimen

What? Did you think I got rich by actually paying people? Buy him out boys! <evil laughter>

And yeah, the first time I tried out MS (mark I), was essentially the last time. Why would I deflect hits for 20 seconds (sure it get's longer, but that's still a ways away), when I can just use reflect shield for 30 minutes? Less hassle. Maybe I could use it in pvp to run for 20 seconds and then get shot in the back...

Or wait! The pretty colours! I almost forgot it has pretty colours when you cast it. Makes it all worthwhile now.

TMS is one of the nanoformulas thats very well balanced when it comes to other buffs and proffesions, I wouldnt want it to change since that would most likely mean another change to make up for it in another proffesion, and another and another....

TMS is envied by most proffesions and are often the reason rerolls choose to play a soldier, I think its über enough as it is

And my reply to Shiseiji and Umbrood would be that you should learn to play a soldier properly before you bash the proffesion.
    Last edited by Galldrian; Jan 20th, 2003 at 09:47:03.

**Most importantly is the wish to let the Total Mirror Shield override all other shields to get hold, or to let it get hold along with other shields.**
    Last edited by Maulkino; Jan 20th, 2003 at 13:37:27.
    "I don't agree with what you are saying but I'll die defending your right to say it"

Well either it should temp remove or rrfe while TMS is up or remove rrfe and then TMS goes up, we lose 44 NCU's on this.....
    moon meeh

ahh, i see..

So saying that MK makes no sense for not cancelling out Reflect is bashing the soldier Prof???

It is indeed very good, and so is reflect, but fact is people use one or the other, having both is very hard.

And is strange also, that the people telling you you know nothing are most often the most ignorant humans on the face of the earth, trying to tell people they are inferior in some way to make themself feel a little bigger, wich in the end is not that big at all. In fact, never ever would a truelly skilled person, in any skill what so ever jump to that conclusion based on what was written here, and even if they could they would not express themself im such a blunt manner. Can only be one conclusion to that can it not?

Enough about that anyhow, it was merely suggestions, well beside the fact that it NEEDS to cancel reflect, nothing wrong in wishing for better things are there?

Be well all and so on

Any funcom person who wants to coment on this? :-)

Re: ahh, i see..

Originally posted by Umbrood
    So saying that MK makes no sense for not cancelling out Reflect is bashing the soldier Prof???

It is indeed very good, and so is reflect, but fact is people use one or the other, having both is very hard.

And is strange also, that the people telling you you know nothing are most often the most ignorant humans on the face of the earth, trying to tell people they are inferior in some way to make themself feel a little bigger, wich in the end is not that big at all. In fact, never ever would a truelly skilled person, in any skill what so ever jump to that conclusion based on what was written here, and even if they could they would not express themself im such a blunt manner. Can only be one conclusion to that can it not?

Enough about that anyhow, it was merely suggestions, well beside the fact that it NEEDS to cancel reflect, nothing wrong in wishing for better things are there?

Be well all and so on
    You had a though childhood didnt you? *pukes*