Thread: New Tradeskills

New Tradeskills

A thread to post ideas about new tradskills. (Keep it balanced)

-- Idea 1 -- Blister Packs :

It would be nice to be able to make them :-)
    Obviously, can only work for some nanos.

An idea to keep it limited would be to make it require the instruction disc of the related nano and the disc would be used up in the process. The point is that you can't buy all the parts from the shop.
    The process would require some notum and a tool that can transfer data from the (programmed) disc to the base liquid/pills.
    To make it harder : eventually also had the need for a seringe or a disinfectant or some substance so that the product can be digested by a human (mutant) body.

It would create something like 5 doses per disc.

Skills required :
    - Nanoprogramming (to program the disc)
    - Electrical engineering (to use the tool)
    - Chemestry/Pharmaceutal (to notum stabilize)
    - Eventually some Bio.Mod
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Great idea! I'm sure it would be a popular tradeskill, especially since you could hack the completed blister.

The bit that makes it work is that the disk is consumed in the process, and that blisters have a limited number of charges (usually around 10, but it varies a bit). That stops you getting essentially unlimited access to a buff you wouldn't normally have.

Of course, not all buffs are currently available in blister pack form. None of the mastery series is there, for instance. FC might take the opportunity to review the blister pack range, but I can't see them making the most powerful buffs available in this way. Pity, I rather like the idea of hacking Quantum Wings or Mocham's Gift, even if I do only have eight or nine charges on the end product

Cheers,

~R~

-- Idea 2 -- Armor of scales.

Some scaled monster(s) would drop a few scales instead of the traditional "body parts" or "XYZ of Tarasque".

The idea would be that all the scale from that monster would be identical (stackable), It is assembling an appropriate amount of them that can make different items.

Lets say :

A shield : 5 scales
    A body armor : 30 scales

The scales would have to be fitted together and put on top of some "regular" armor or shield.

The process would require some tool and perhaps even a disc. (Not as rare as shape soft/hard armor disc, pleaaase)

Skills required :

- Elec/Mech Engineering
    - Chemestry

Relative value of the objects :

Depends on how tough/rare the monster is and how many scales are needed. Given the time need to collect enough scales, I would say a bit better than bronto armor but maybe in different ways.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

i like the idea bout the armor really nice but it would really just be adding to the dragon bronto and cas armor lines it would be really nice if you could upgrade armor like say kevlar to kirch kelar
    or platstel to that sekteck {or what ever it's called] armor