Thread: Visible mission items :

Visible mission items :

I love to blitz missions. In fact if there is anything in this game I like its blitzing missions. But my eyesight has recently started to fade due to the constant squinting I have to do in order to locate the object I need to collect. Said objects tend to be a small cube with question marks. Generic color = grey. Very hard to spot sometimes, especially at speed.

Would it be possible to make the mission items just a little bit more visible, add some sparks to them or something.

Not a rant, just a small, humble request.

Now excuse me while I go and get laser corrective surgery.
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

This may be more of a tangent, but how about a Trader nano "Find Loot" that, when buffed, allows Traders to see the Mission Objective on their maps when they get close enough.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Originally posted by Zanthyna
    This may be more of a tangent, but how about a Trader nano "Find Loot" that, when buffed, allows Traders to see the Mission Objective on their maps when they get close enough.
    Pffft! It should be a fixer only nano

more of a fixer thing yes Traders don't ruin in and take stuff the run the f-out again (or if they do, they have skipped half the job description)
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Originally posted by Phixit

hehe that is definatly one agents should be able to FP, if they dont get their own verson of it

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Phixit

Bah, if anything it should be an adventurer nano. We're the trackers on this planet.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

hehe yes, but we are the people who can get you whatever you need

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

You are all silly.

What we need is an engie only "loot beacon device".

Then they can nerf it by making it require Sense Imp & Psy Mod.

The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

lol, alot of professions could use this find item nano, and dont forget soldiers whom are supposed to be masters of orientation, and it still puzzles me as to how our map nav is dark blue. or maybe just a mission compass to point you in the general direction, for soldiers anyhow.

Agents = espianoge, a program to get a detailed blueprint of the mission once inside type thing.
    Reqs: Map nav (not a low map nav either, talkin 650+)

NT = warp time and object, gvies an infra red vision as to where the objective is through walls for 5 seconds requiring map nav, than giving a map nav shutdown for 2 mins
    Reqs: all nano skills except MC (what, NT's are meant to be gimped )

Adventurer = Trusty Falcon, giving them a search falcon which reveals the direction to the objective (a bit uber maybe, but meh, FC wont implement any of these anyhow)
    Reqs: MC/TS

Crat = Negotiate, giving the crat the ability to bargain with the "enemy" (every mission has to have an enemy behind it), for the location of the objective and thus places a dot on the map.
    Reqs: psychology

Doc = screw em
    -- couldnt think of anything

Enforcer = See Doc.
    -- fight your way through panzy

Engineer = Scout bot, pretty much like trusty falcon

Fixer = Eye of the grid, giving the fixer a birds eye view of the mission for 10 seconds and shuting down map nav for 2 mins.
    Reqs: map nav

MA = Inner sight, allows the MA to leave his body for a period of 20 seconds with a 2 min martial arts shutdown.
    Reqs: Martial arts

MP = same as adv and engi.

Soldier = compass, giving the soldier a general direction to the objective than placing a dot on the map once he/she is close to the object.
    Reqs: map nav

Trader = black market exchange, allows the trader to give credits to the mission "enemy" for the location of the objective.
    Reqs: cash

theres are just some funny little ideas in which im sure will never be implemented by FC... would make it too easy

Originally posted by Dooke
    NT = warp time and object, gvies an infra red vision as to where the objective is through walls for 5 seconds requiring map nav, than giving a map nav shutdown for 2 mins
    Reqs: all nano skills except MC (what, NT's are meant to be gimped )
    woops... kinda made a mistake, yes... requiring all nano skills except MC... hehe, no brake for all you NT's out there, suffer... muahahaha

jk

Re: Visible mission items :

Originally posted by Chaosengine
    I love to blitz missions. In fact if there is anything in this game I like its blitzing missions. But my eyesight has recently started to fade due to the constant squinting I have to do in order to locate the object I need to collect. Said objects tend to be a small cube with question marks. Generic color = grey. Very hard to spot sometimes, especially at speed.

Would it be possible to make the mission items just a little bit more visible, add some sparks to them or something.

Not a rant, just a small, humble request.

Now excuse me while I go and get laser corrective surgery.
    I usually blitz Find Person type missions. With both Monster and Side Map Upgrades I usually recognize the target from several rooms away on my mini map.

I usually blitz Find Person type missions. With both Monster and Side Map Upgrades I usually recognize the target from several rooms away on my mini map.
    Those missions are easier to do, but its easier to spawn the item you're after with the item search missions. Two items plus cash, can't go wrong

In terms of making this a profession only, I don't think thats a very good idea. The item should be highlighted so thats its visable on the floor from a distance by any profession.

Worst case scenario is if Funcom really want to make this profession specific then base the spotting skill on perception. Thats why its there for right?
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

Those missions are easier to do, but its easier to spawn the item you're after with the item search missions. Two items plus cash, can't go wrong

I've blitzed a lot of Examine Item missions that give two items plus credits, and I still use them to blitz for QL200 items when I can't get QL200 missions, but most of the time I prefer Find Person missions because I can do them quicker.

Hope you find a way to continue having fun blitzing. Laser corrective surgery seems a bit drastic, if you weren't joking about that.

Worst case scenario is if Funcom really want to make this profession specific then base the spotting skill on perception. Thats why its there for right?
    That, my friend, is a mighty good idea! Those with good perception should be able to spot these things easier.

Just make the damn thing emit light and be done with it...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Just make the damn thing emit light and be done with it...
    Isn't that solution too simple ?

The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Originally posted by Dooke
    Doc = screw em
    -- couldnt think of anything
    Hey!
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

wasn't the original intent of this thread to point out the size problem with item missions? I would agree that the item square or pyramid is way too small. In some missions where the background color is dark, it makes it almost impossible to see. In the cave missions, the pyramids can be difficult to see as well. The grey pyramid and grey floors make it camoflaged. Some missions, the item is actually inside the wall. You have to enter one of the hidden rooms.. but don't go in.. just stand on the wall border and look down.. The placement is horrible. The only missions where I find items easy are normal office type or sewer type missions... They need to straighten out the placement of the items, and make the items larger so we can actually see them.

I have 20/10 vision and a 19" monitor.. and they are still hard to locate at times!
    Last edited by Tangretti; Jan 21st, 2003 at 20:38:04.