Thread: mob warping outdoors

mob warping outdoors

Was mob warping outdoors introduced on purpose?

I'm not talking about warping when you have a certain object between you.

I'm talking about warping when you have a faster run speed and the mob(s) keep warping to you and getting "free" hits every time you get a certain distance from them.

Was this added on purpose or part of the same warping thing introduced because of certain exploits where mobs couldn't reach you and you got free kills.

I find this reason enough for cancelling, and have done so, I just wanna make sure it's not a bug that might be fixed.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

This needs to be brought up again. Makes outdoor hunting suck.

I keep my fingers crossed because last time I was on Test server I outran something and it didn't catch me. Might have been flat ground, however.

It WAS enough for two people to quit that I was helping out as they started the game. Not fun when you are faster than something and can't outrun it because it keeps teleporting to you.

Thanks for the reply man. I really love this game but this is something I can't accept.
    well now I've got

I tried petitioning about it a few times, but the support queue was longer than 6 hours and I got sleepy... I tried to hunt outdoors with a new character, but got extremely frustrated with this. Enforcer with maxed run-speed, fixer run buff, and rage couldn't outrun a slightly higher lvl mob.

Sometimes the mob would even warp in front of me and have to run back to catch me. One time the mob I was fighting warped into a tree branch and I couldn't hit it back... I took a good ammount of screenshots and laughed about how they'd "improved" outdoor hunting.

Should probably email it as a bug report.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/support/feedback/
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

That link is to their wastebasket. But thanks for the reply
    well now I've got

Yes this new warping thing sux… I had to beat a hasty retreat from the borgs in Avalon and ended up running around the map for nearly 5 mins trying to lose the borg that was chasing me, in the end I “dragged” it all the way back to Camelot and let the guards deal with it.

I think they put it in to prevent certain forms of xp exploiting, but it means that roots and snares are all but useless.

Tiggy