Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just died again after 4 hits in what seemed like 8 secs from EQB...

Yeah its done.

From those people who say only ranged can shoot while running to those who say only melee can.

Whos telling the truth? When I run I cant hit, I can use specials but I cant hit.

If I walk I can. But theres another way, which people actively exploit. I dont use it myself but its used too much.

Melee can hit while running, range (except for the river 6) cannot.

Rikou, you're n00biness sickens me. No offense.

~Chris

Then holy **** when I chase people and i stand next to them, why is it like, not hitting them?

Just now I ran around the boss room with auto running...

No hits.

k
    thnx
    and bye.

Infact we are both wrong, its a bug.
    One or the other.

If you attack then run, or run then attack you can do it.
    After the first hit you start to (slide) along the ground and hit.

Or you could start walking, Press Q then run and oull start sliding.
    And other FUNNY stuff ao has.

well, my second char was an enf...i played him way b4 my soldier, and i always remember me being able to run and hit at the same time. if i remember correctly, the attack bar would go all the way up until you got in range, hit when it was in range, and recharge, and do it all over. the bar would go all the way up even if you weren't in range, just wouldn't hit until the person was closer...this may have changed though...

me being a soldier, i KNOW you cannot run at the same time shooting, besides with the river, which is a pos.

Hmm, let's see. You'll probably tell me I'm full of ****, but I'm gonna tell you how it is anyway. How do I know? Well I use a EQB, unlike a lot of the people who post nerfcries here.

Let's see.... EQB has 3m Range. it's slow. I mean REALLY slow. You can fight on full D, but then you're basically going to do no damage. I've taken to fighting at half aggro, which means:

• I can still get rooted
    • I can still get divested/plundered
    • I can still get nuked
    • I can still get blinded
    • I can still get snared

Note: Even if I was on full Defense, with rage, all these things can still happen, contrary to popular belief.

So.... let's say I'm on half aggro and I'm running around a CC mess killing towers. "Clan Incoming" -- all the Augmented hellspinner soldiers simply turn in place, aim at the incoming and shoot. Same with the NTs. Same with the Ranged Adventurers. And so on and so forth.

I move to try to get within range, and I get CCd.
    I get CCd again.
    And again.
    And again.

Soon, I get CCd INTO the group of clanners. I can just run away, right? Wrong. I try to run but it's like one of those bad dreams where you are running and someone is holding you back with a rope. You're running for your life but you can't get away because you keep getting that stupid message.

All the meantime, the ranged classes are happily shooting away (ok, I'm oversimplifying, they have to deal with CC as well, but not even CLOSE to the extent melee does).

As for running while hitting.... well I found this agent last night in Mort and I was owning him pretty good. Until He warped twice the distance away, and then out of my range. YAY.

If you get killed by "EQB enforcers" in a mass pvp battle over and over and over, it's because of extenuating circumstances. Last night I died at least 4 times while getting 1 or maybe 2 kill messages. Granted I was concentrating on killing towers, but still.

Melee classes get screwed by CC more than anything. I remember getting CCd into clan, trying to get away, running, CCd, rooted, divested, plundered and blinded, then CCd into the crowd of 40 omni where I promptly died. Everyone in chat was saying "wtf, Remains of Arinia, there's no clan here!"

The soldiers were simply shooting the incoming people from max range. A (self admitted noobish pvper) soldier friend of mine got no less than 10 credit kills last night and gained a title. But noone's calling for a nerf of augmented hellspinner, are they -- not to MENTION Aug Hellfury.

/end rant

Hope you read this carefully and realize that it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

OMG! lol
    /me falls out of his chair

What is this... the 4th? the 5th, Nerf q blade thread? I'm truly starting to lose track now. I think what we need is an official "Nerf the E-Qblade" thread going that you can all use to spam your nerf whines in.

I had a laugh at the person who figures it's overpowered compared to his trader . Nevermind that many complain about the same thing from traders.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Riokou
    Use the lowest possible root to save nano pool and you win.
    ****ING NEWBIES I HATE THEM AAAAAAAAGH!.[/size]
    Who's the noob? There's a thing called 'level check' on roots now, remember?
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Jekyll

Who's the noob? There's a thing called 'level check' on roots now, remember?

And where does this check come into 'checking'.? Hmm.? Tell me mistar atrox.

Yeah Jecc! I knew you were always a Nanomage in Atrox clothing!

And where does this check come into 'checking'.? Hmm.? Tell me mistar atrox.
    If you try to root with low ql roots they get resisted much easier, and they are a waste of nano as they brake easy too. The level check works as a percentage of the quality of the root vs. the target. And for your information the recharge on roots was upped so it's no longer possible to chaincast low ql roots in the same way as before. Hope this can clear up your views on this issue.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Well ill tell you, There is plenty of lower lines of roots that work.

Why I still used my startup root at level 50 sometimes.
    Im 100% sure this works higher up, with equivelant nano costs.

I dunno, my fixer gets his roots resisted a lot. Ever since the levelcheck% was added people are resisting his roots like mad.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

My Trader is having no probs landing area roots from a mile away, gotta love that range increaser!!!
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Well ill tell you, There is plenty of lower lines of roots that work.

Why I still used my startup root at level 50 sometimes.
    Im 100% sure this works higher up, with equivelant nano costs.
    OK - my experience from "higher up" is that it's useless trying to root lvl 150+ char with points invested in NR with a lower ql root. Yes I may land a startup root now and then, but I find it a waste of time as my roots (agent) have a 3-4 sec recharge and if they brake 1 sec after you land it... well then it's not much of a help to me. And at lvl50 as you compare with, most people don't have much IP in NR and therefore they won't resist the roots. Do you see my point?
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Riokou, up till now I have refrained from responding to your uninformed, antagonistic remarks but atm feeling good thanks to my good friend jack, so you gonna hear it.

First off, ql of root does count. My ql 159 root will hardly ever stick an equivalent level player (184) on first cast and if player is 190+ 3 casts minimum to stick them. Enforcers btw I don't bother to try untill I hit them with crown and see that rage is gone cause it won't work if they have their char setup hafway decent.

Second everything you post is just so total trash??? Most people who read the beginnners guide know what you say is not true so who you trying to fool? Do you make these facts up or are you going on what was possible a year and half ago?

For your information I am not a nerf caller, I would like to help defend you but your antagonism makes it hard to care for you. I personally do not think EQB needs a nerf. Like Ariana said the range and agro setting more than makes up for the awesome damage it does.

I am a nanomage nt, and if I say let em have it everyone should, cause I will die sooner to it. It is not overpowered in mass pvp cause of range. In 1v1 of course it is way to overpowering. We should be concentrating on mass pvp tho cause that is where the game is going.

I am willing to bet riokou I can beat your enfocer with any of my chars because from your posts you sure don't know much about enforcers. My enforcer is a 5th generation alt and even I know what you say is drivel.

Be constuctive Be nice or get flamed.

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    Here's an idea.

DONT STAND STILL.

FO SCHEEZIE! Standing still = quicker death
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by garzini

LOL, who's the noob ? i have proly been pvping longer than you been playing this game. i'm not gonna waste time on you other than to tell you to stfu and quit being an ass. i said my drain didn't even recharge fully before i was dead. pretty hard to root that way.

kinkstaah, i WAS running. i stopped breifly to cast drain then took off running. enf running rage can easily outrun trader with enough time to stop and hit quickly.

i do not call for nerfs, i am very anti nerf but this QB thing is just plain ridiculous.

almost forgot, a divested/plundered enf with QB was still hitting me for over 1k a pop once...hmm.

Rikiouers...i will duel you anytime and show you how much of a noob you are. send an ingame tell to allibooba and my trader will own you, or send tell to allibobba and my ma will beat your ass.
    It isnt impossible, but it is a lot harder. I remember running after an agent in 2HO (Milojosovic.. or something ) with my EQB.. and running, and running, and of course I am faster than any agent. And how did this fight end?

We zoned into CAV.

Open up the map sometime and have a look at just how far that is. Sure we can hit while running, but it needs a few things to have happen. One is to generally be within 3 metres of your opponent for a good 5-10 seconds (i know it should be lesst han this, but it just doesnt work that way in practice). As easy as that sounds, 3M isnt very far, and when you are running at 1500+ run speeds, someone turning around in circles and jumping and moving and lagging makes it *very* hard.

The CC situation is even worse. EVEN WITHOUT CC, No enforcer with INT raised above three will even think about running into a pack of the enemy after you. If they do, well, they definately get to be a tank, thats for sure.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG, Total Pvp newbishness right here guys, check it out.

Guys take the recharge time of a Drain and the speed of a QB.

IF you drained him, why didnt you try ROOTING, or RUNNING?

As you said YOURSELF. you didnt say it didnt land, so, he CANT cast a rage to run faster than you.

Work it out, take the average skill of an enforcer, subtract that and I bet he cannot even cast his second best rage.

Use the lowest possible root to save nano pool and you win.
    ****ING NEWBIES I HATE THEM AAAAAAAAGH!.

EDIT: ONO! A SOLDIER ALPH'AD ME TO 10% hp, NERF SOLDIERS! NERF IECs! NERF AUGMENTED THINGYS!
    Don't go around calling players like ali who have been pvping a lot longer than you noobs. You made your enf what like a month or so ago? Now the reason you rolled a bandwagon char gets soem nerf cries and you lower yourself to size=40 text and childish rantings? Post relavant points please, not just blather on in big text and caps.

Riokou: Hahahaaaa.... hahahaaa.... ha

My god your one of the biggest noobs on this forum.

Congratulations you have pole position... well in the running to win the noob race.

*cheers*
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast