Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has played Sim City 4 and what do you think?

Who has played Sim City 4 and what do you think?

I love simulations and stock market games much more than any RPG....if they are done right.

i resurrected my SC3000 disk last week cause i was a little bored and had fun w/ old cities. i then found that SC4 was due out this week and got excited.

what i am worryed about is that SC4 is just SC3000 w/ better graphics. EA has done this before w/ sports games and i hate that. is the gameplay more detailed? how are the graphics (although less important to me than gameplay)?

i'm really interested to see your reactions since we all pretty much like AO as well =-)

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

From looking at the website, it looks a lot better than simcity 3000 (though I actually had more fun with 2000, I just loved the launch archos all over my cities ) However I WILL be getting it tomorrow when it comes out in the UK, so dont expect to see me online

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

im the god!!! I smash your city!!! with my uber lizard!!!

citizen1: ****!!!!1!!!1!1! its GodZilla!!!!!!
    citizen2: uhm thats copyrighted man.. its a big lizard you numb skull!!
    citizen1: well its surley look like him.

its also fun to play as a citizen.. though I have a urger to exploit these types of games.. it kinda kills the fun, but atleast it lets me see the bounderies

the multiplayer support is the c00l! im gonna get some friends with me and show them how much I suck at being a mayor and city constructor
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Lumin, you like it then, yes?

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

it roxxors, though I need to get my friends to get it aswell.. after all my years of internet gaming, single player games just dont quite cut it anymore

though I had some good moments kicking the shnitz out of a "local" town
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

hoping more people get the game this week. i've read some positive and negative things, but i need something new to keep myself occupied...

=-) kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

Have you forgetten?

Except for the fact that it is a MONSTER resource muncher, the likes of which I've never seen (not even AO is this bad), and it's a significantly more challenging game than it's predecessors, I like it a lot. Just wish I had more time for it right now. I love the God mode construction of regions, and have only begun tinkering with cities.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

they say the one thing missing is a regional control, like a "president" or "prime minister" function. does this really take away from the game?

SC3000 is a big drain on resourses too. it takes forever to alt-tab to other things and i could barely play a CD with it running =-(

kurtz

Have you forgetten?

Sim City 4 doesnt run to well with AO, they better patch both parts so they run better together .. its nothing like "unleashing the dragon" upon a city while sitting for the 2nd hour in Newland trying to get a team that lasts longer then the BS grid.

next thing they should add is a medieval setting so that I can play a Sim with horse and sword .. that would be much like Everquest i think, and probably 100 times more fun
    perhaps I could buy that Sim a +2 to Spirit sword so that he is overall more happy then the rest of the village population.
    also I could walk over to the neighbours and claim their cow as it got a +4 to production bonus and it looks holy.

but I guess all that is in the works for Sim City 5 .. a man can dream
    Originally posted by Cz
    Sing a song for FunCom

argh, I poped out at lunch, and now have a copy of simcity 4, but I'm at work so can't play it

The torture, the torture

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

hehe, GL playing it when you got home..
    be sure to post your opinion =-)

kurtz

Have you forgetten?

It's great, alot of fun.

*note: If you want to set a giant killer robot lose on your city for a bit of fun, do not try to destroy it with lightning, meteors, an earthquake, or other giant killer robots.

Other than that, it's fun. Be careful with the budget, though. You can't have a medical, education, fire and police system in a starting city at the same time (to my experiance) and make a profit.

Well all i can say its a damn good follow up and you're not gonna be disappointed.

My current city:
    Name: Londown
    Population: 78.000
    Cash: 350.000
    Year: 107 <- All land was used year 92

Post one of yours!

:P

found it for $49.99...

gonna have to wait for next couple paychecks...i still have books to buy for school =-)

kurtz

Have you forgetten?

just want to say love the game, still taking it slow, and it chugs a little on my machine (its only an 850MHz, leave me alone ) but when I finally get round to upgrading it will be excellent. However your Sims are Dumb, I mean really dumb. I had only complain about the lack of city college to educate himself, when he lived next door to the darn thing, and another complain she couldn't get to work, when she lived 4 doors down from the shop she worked at!!!

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

From everyone's thoughts so far, sounds like it might be a fun investment for me. Time to go and do a little more snooping around and make a decision on buying it.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

i'll wait til prices come down a bit
    perhaps at $40 i'll buy it or maybe on eBAY i'll get it used or something

thanks for the input

kurtz

Have you forgetten?

Spent too much money on it, but Simcity 4 is in my hands now. I guess I get to see firsthand just how bad the lag-a-thon will be.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

City: Brandonville
    Pop: 61,000
    Cash: 20,000 (about)
    Year: 97

Currently have some cashflow and pollution problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast