Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Hey Thanks NOVA

^Bump^ Yes I have time on my hands at work.

Thank you, TheDeacon, for an excellent article.

I am a n00b myself, and I have to say that The Deacon is right. There is much more of a sense of achievement to the game when you earn your own money rather than someone else giving it to you. I have been given money by some kind high level characters (always when I have asked for something else, such as a buff or directions to a certain place) but I have never asked for it, and even taking what I was offered felt a bit wrong. (Still spent it on clothes, though!) To these people I owe a favour, and will one day have to repay it.

Anyone like to buy a pair of concrete cushions? (one was very hard earned - I RAN from Newland City to Wartorn Valley to get it. This was before I knew the Whompa route to Athen!)

hmmm

Dont know if this forum is outdated but i cant get anyone to even answer me when i try and sell my concrete cushions. /shrug

Originally posted by Foul Ole Ron
    Sadly, I understand a lot don't share it.
    Something far more valuable than creds has been shared right here in this thread.

Unhappy flood the market

I guess there's only so many people who need concrete cushions and that qouta's been filled (I still got 3 pairs for sale but no one wants to buy'em even at 80-100k a pair..no bites).
    Pillaging the women and raping the fields, as hard as the day is long

just hang in there ppl will lose thier pillows, I know i do all the time.

If i someday took my time to search thru my ank i´ll proably find tons of pillows
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Concrete Cushions

I had 3 sets. Sold one pair for 50k & I gave away the other two sets with the purchase of Omni Med suits. All 3 sets were QL 20. BTW I've been selling the Omni Med suits for 50k a pop. Is that too much?? If it is, I have some people to refund.

Does the story end?

Hi all...

Ive been pushing Cushions for some weeks now,made my lvl13 6 mill (wohoo )...But now i think the party is over.. I have 4 pairs in my backpack ready for sale,but noone wants`em anymore..
    Even gone as far down as 75 a pair,but "nada" (and thats when NCL is overcrowded to ;( )
    Seems everyone have them... But hell,im not complaining,theres more things to sell out there(like theDeacon says ).....

And umh..one question: When do u think a new "I need Cushion" Wave hits the people on RubiKa??

Thx again Deacon!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Some more good items (that i made 30-40m just selling them this is how i made MY money low lvls) are close to ql 25 senpai tertius decus armor coats (people like em for twinks) ql 50 tank armor and low ql armor sets like senpai tertius decus and omni-pol (white) (also for twinks). There are other armor coats at low qls (like the web cloaks) but they are fairly rare and alot of people would just as soon wear senpai anyway. This is for people past being able to get ql 10 concrete cushions and some more easy sell easy to get items that you dont see for sale often (100k-1m each coat) people like perfect qls and ql 25 for senpai coats are as low as they go and ql 50 is as low as tank comes.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    2001-12-31 09:59:51
    Subscription Type
    Anarchy Online 1-month recurring
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

LOL

This is without the longest essay i have read yet Deac. Truly a great guide for the wanna be billionaires of RK 1 2 and 3

Can i have some money now?

Oh and did you also list buying Jakeaway shottie shells - i pay 3 times shop value for stacks >15,000 shells

click click click click
    Remember "Jakeaway" Brigges
    Always "Spoton" Target
    Amsterdam "Firebrigade" Service

Returned from the grave and back in business.....

First-off, this guide should get rooted or at least put as a link to a rooted thread.

Also have a look at this thread:

How to make money at low levels

I would add :
    - Don't choose 'hidden' for missions you want to blitz...
    - Don't spend IPs on pharma tech unless it's green and you're serious about it.

Good items for which low QL versions are often worth more than higher QL ones or which only exist at only one QL :

Concrete Cushion (QL10 and QL51 are best)

OT-Windchaser M06 Quartz

Galahad Inc. T70 Beyer

Second-Hand Old English Trading Co.

OT-Windchaser M06 Mother of Pearl

Pillow with Important Stripes (or the QL1)

Worn Soft Pepper Pistol (or the receptacle or QL1)

Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Crushing Weapons)

Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Slashing Weapons)

Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Thrusting Weapons)

Instruction Disc (Summon Grid Armor Mk I) UBER VALUE!

Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Hard Armor) UBER VALUE !

Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Soft Armor) UBER VALUE!

The items above have the huge advantage that they can interest even high-level players. Same thing applies for levelling items of course.

Other good Items :

Ring of the Nucleus Basalis

Basic Biomech Armor Helmet

Morphing Memory

Basic Biomech Armor Cloak

Also, any armor that can be considered by some people as the best armor available to them is worth some money (obtru steel, nano armor, dillon,...).

Look up here to make an idea for yourself :

Cloaks
    Armors

Or here (I think this site more usefull from a reseller point of vue):

Armors
    Cloaks

The advantage with "top-notch" armors is that you can actually sell them to twinks and twinks have money. You can't really hope to sell them to high level players tough (unless they got some twinks of course).

Of course, if clicksaver and its "buying agent" function works for you, you might as well drop a line in the trade channel that say "Who wants me to blitz something for them ? Up to QL xyz !".

Edit :

As was to be expected, most of the items above which are blitzable are now flooding the market. So some prices are plumetting... Sparrow grafts and pillows for everyone
    Last edited by Phoxtrot; Feb 5th, 2003 at 13:14:02.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

Sticky this great thread please.

wow this really helps a lot
    i blitzed 3 sets of them yesterday, sold them for 350k each
    thats really nice seeing as im only lvl 7

i would also like to point out that hacked boosted grafts can sell nice too, i found 2 of those sparrow flights sold them both for 500k, they are around ql 3-7 (they are kinda rare to see in clicksaver but that is where i found mine).

thanks again

Thumbs up

WOW , I want to add my thanks to all the others, you just dont know how much this has helped ! Thanks to all the others who added stuff as well (I loved Phoxtrots list as well)

I hope you dont mind but I pasted it to my AO notes, and will keep it for a long time . Thanks again for taking the time to do this , you ROCK!

If you all are examples of what players are like in AO, then Im gonna be very happy playing this game

From reading the responses on this thread, I've come to the conclusion that those of you having such great success with this advice are experienced players who have created newbie alts in order to take advantage of Thedeacon's advice.

I say this because all of you talk about items (weapons, armor, etc.) and other things with which I, as a total newbie (have played for only a few days -- now a Clan Solitus MA at level 10), am completely unfamiliar.

I don't enjoy blitzing. I'm not a power-leveler. I enjoy taking my time in missions. I like to sneak up on mobs. I'm in no hurry to advance quickly. I prefer soloing to teaming because I can proceed at my own pace and in my own style.

However, I do prefer to earn my own way, and I have discovered that nanoprograms, implants, armor, and weapons are incredibly expensive for the beginning player. So, naturally enough, like you, I am eager to earn as much money as possible.

Using ClickSaver, I have learned that all is not "roses and sunshine." Most of the missions for really high cash are located in geographical areas that I'm unfamiliar with and that I dare not enter alone at level 10. For example, I went to Camelot, hoping to get a high-cash mission to Old Athen, W. Athen, or Tir City, areas in which I can do missions safely. The only high-cash missions available were out in the middle of wide open country, far from any city, in areas that I had never heard of, much less ever been to. So I have learned to content myself for the time being with local missions that earn from 500 to 1,000 credits, which I get in W. Athen or Old Athen.

I don't put the mission setting on 100% Hard, because I have learned that I die at the entrance when I open the door and all of a sudden three red mobs aggro me. I can hardly handle one red mob, much less three at a time. And it takes ages to heal after defeating a high-level mob. So I set the mission to 50-60% Hard, which works out very well, but, of course, earns me only half as much in credits as a 100% Hard mission.

The 100% BAD and MONEY settings work very well. The rest of the settings I leave alone, because I've learned that I get the most interesting missions (with the greatest variety of mobs, treasure chests, locked doors, etc.) that way.

Today I'm going to set ClickSaver to QL10 Concrete Cushion and see what geographical area comes up, or if any area at all comes up within, say, 20 tries. At 10 credits a try, the cost of finding an item adds up quickly. If the geographical area is out in Podunk County somewhere, then I think I'll forget about locating these high-cash items that Thedeacon has spoken of, at least until I become much more familiar with the geographical areas and with what-level monsters populate those areas.

I've written this not to discourage players from using Thedeacon's method. Far from it. I just wanted to present an alternative view to the "WOW! This is fantastic" responses, a view that is based on my own experiences as a complete newbie, so that other complete newbies won't get discouraged and think that they are at fault if this method does not work out as well as it appears it should.

I welcome any constructive comments, and wish you all Happy Hunting and Good Fortune!

Yarl posted
    I've come to the conclusion that those of you having such great success with this advice are experienced players who have created newbie alts in order to take advantage of Thedeacon's advice.
    Not necessarily 100% true. I am a newbie, I've been playing avidly for 3 months, as 3 different characters. Chalk up one success story to a newbie to AO.
    Cadeusus & Xxlr8 on RK1

I love this walkthrough, in theory at least.
    I dont know if i am doing something wrong, but when i use clicksaver sometimes it stalls out after looking only a few time, just sits there until i cancel it. Also, i have likely spent over 1000 creds trying to get the cusions to come up, and have not found any as mission rewards when searching qual 10.
    I plan to level my way to the 20s and look for the quartz rifles and the subway loot at around 15.

IP

PS

what is FCs policy on clicksaver? I assume they dont mind it since this is still here, but what is the official word?

Originally posted by Dween
    Yarl posted

Not necessarily 100% true. I am a newbie, I've been playing avidly for 3 months, as 3 different characters. Chalk up one success story to a newbie to AO.
    Heh, I would not call a "three-month-old" "avid" player a newbie. To me, you are an experienced player!

Question

Originally posted by Industrial Prophet
    I dont know if i am doing something wrong, but when i use clicksaver sometimes it stalls out after looking only a few time, just sits there until i cancel it. Also, i have likely spent over 1000 creds trying to get the cusions to come up, and have not found any as mission rewards when searching qual 10.
    Yes, to those of you who have used ClickSaver to find ql10 Concrete Cushions -- what settings did you use on the Mission Terminal to bring up the cushions? Or does it really matter? I mean, could I, at level 10, find the cushions if I left the Hard/Easy lever at 50%, or do I have to move it to 100% Hard?

I'm asking because my credits are limited, and I really don't want to spend thousands of credits looking for ql10 cushions to come up, when they won't do so because I've set the Hard/Easy lever at the wrong setting.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast