Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

another testimonial but of a different kind

Hi, THEDEACON! Thank you for a well written article. I just wanted to stress some points you made. Certainly, your time and your knowledge are your two most powerful resources in your pocket. But what is the third? Your kindness. Yes, your willingness to help other people will always reap you rewards in the end.
    For example, awhile ago I died at around lvl 80. I saved in Wine last so I ended up at the falls way way way to the south. There was this poor guy maybe level 15 there talking to an ARK about not being able to make it back to town because the mobs were way too high a lvl for him to possibly conceive getting back. Every time he died he would come right back to the falls. For some reason, the ARK forgot to warp him back to a town or to the grid. Whoops!

I could've gotten in my brand shiny new yalm () and not given it a second thought, but instead I waited with him and contacted one of my engineer friends, who took his time to come down to the reclaim terminal and warp him to the grid. All in all, I spent maybe 20 mins helping this guy. While we were waiting for my friend to show up, he asked me what I was doing and I told him I had died while trying to finish Dodga's Quest trying to kill "Live Metal". I had forgotten to save (duh, always happens) and ended up here as well.

I didn't know this at the time, but this guy that was stuck down there was actually an alt for a very high level character. He logged on as his main and waited with me for the Trash King to show up so that I could get the necessary items to complete Dodga's quest. Not only that, he went with me to EVERY SINGLE robot, let me tag them, and then killed them so I could get the parts. 20 mins I gave him, he gave me back HOURS. Talk about payment in full!

Thumbs up Two Thumbs Way Up!!

Fantastic guide TheDecon!! I havent had a chance to use this guide as I only found it today & my lowest alt is lvl18 Adv. I was contimplating scraping him but it seems he may be of some use to my other alt adv who is at lvl 32.<Insert evil laughter>

Hey question though, can the cushion be of a higher QL or do they only come in QL10?

damn deac..

nice job..

wish i had this when i was low lvl.

just for that. i will run barefoot thru my backyard.

:P

""Hey question though, can the cushion be of a higher QL or do they only come in QL10?""

ive seen some peeps selling ql16 cushions around duke lido,but thats the highest ive seen....

up to 3 mill selling cushions now deacon!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

hmm im level 125.....and im a fixer....

and I have apporx 4 mill in bank....

were nto all Uber rich...I coudl spend the 4 mill in heartbeat on buffs and crappy items....

I like the guid you made Deacon;...good information for the n00bs. Excellent. I dont know how many times I get a tell out of the blue "credz plz"?

I usually tell tem to go Pharm with theri main an stop pestering me (ok I usually tell them much..much worse).

Point being is......if yer a real N00b...you shouldnt be asking me for creds. If you aske me for advice...and after 3 mins of conversation I realie yer a n00b..I might donate a bit to help you out.

Good Karma goes a long ways. And Reputation goes even further....unless you wish to play the game with the same character more than 3 days...you best look at your reputation .....what you do and say. Some of us...."veterns" know who you are and keep track. Ive burned many a "n00b" who asked me for creds...when I knwo there amin was level 200 and they were just trying to pharm cash

(please....thenext GA wearing level 22 fixer who askes me for cash I will hunt down like a frign dog....sorry...but in AO history...never has a level 22 N00b found GA...and figured out how to twink it on.....)

Originally posted by Miths
    Can high level players see the level 1-50 shopping channel? If not, we might have a problem getting in contact with our intended target group.
    Yes, high level people can see the 1-50 shopping channel (if they choose to look of course). You can have access to all your old shopping and teaming channels as you level up, and most people post and watch the 1-50 shopping channel as it reaches the most people (ie everyone) (or atleast they used to, I havent looked at any shopping channel in months so it might have changed by now)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Cool

^Bump^ Hey this thread needs some glue applied here.

Where is Carleton Sheets with his no money down real estate program? He got kicked to the curb cause it doesn't make you 1.7 million creds in 2 hours like I just did.

BUMP!

Thumbs up OMG why now and not 34 lvls earlier

Great post, but it hurts like hell. Lucrezia (45, Fixer) is my first character. So i didnt know anything about the game when i was lv 10 and am still learning everyday. You know, I have sold Concrete Cushions and Old English to Shops not knowing about their value, many of them, many... sob, sob, sob....

Thanks Arch Deacon for your effort my future alts will be rich

Root this Thread please. :)

Hey Cz, could you please root this thread. This definitely needs to be read by all new & vet players alike!!!

I want to say thank you to deacon too.

Instead of cushions I collected 4 of the ncu rings and sold them for 8m credits in a few hrs. It took a few days to level up a new
    Alt to 22 to hunt the boss that has itand kill him 4 times.

But now I have a Yalm and 1.8 mil still in cash.

well, dunno if the market gonna saturate because of all these Quartz or cushion offers but...

i'm a high level soldier now but arounf lvl 125-130 wasnt very rich.
    I found at that moment that selling Quartz rifles (only) could make good income.

you know what? sold 100M worth of them! and my basic price was only 300K!!!
    must have sold tens of them. and the 100M enabled me to buy more rare stuff in this game, like poetic stretchband, fluctuating anti matter generator (hellspinner upgrade) and much more!

that was really cool and now i still have enough money not to sell thses quartz anymore...
    Last edited by ZoD; Jan 25th, 2003 at 15:03:17.
    To be...or not to be
    Question...answer

Serge Gainsbourg

Deleted NT

NT
    Last edited by Yarl; Jan 27th, 2003 at 04:38:03.

Originally posted by Nelis
    Instead of cushions I collected 4 of the ncu rings and sold them for 8m credits in a few hrs. It took a few days to level up a new Alt to 22 to hunt the boss that has itand kill him 4 times.
    Which boss is this? And where?

Great post, btw, Deacon....I, too, think this is sticky material.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

The first boss CAN drop the NCU ring. Its not a 100% drop. I have been in a team that killed it 3 times in a row and NO ring dropped.

Got one from a friend though, very nice ring for MP.

Up you go! :D

^Bump^ Again great thread!! Hey FC pls root this thread!!

Hey could someone please tell me what kind of prices I should be able to get for the following items?

QL20 Concrete Cushions
    QL20 Tear Soaked pillow w/ important stripes
    QL1 Omni-Med Suit (Complete Female suit)
    QL1 Vagabond Cloak
    Morphing Memory - Various QL's
    QL20 BBI Faitful 22's

Thanks in advance.

Well, I blitzed for about 5 cushions and 2 old english pistols, but I can't seem to find a buyer (in Rimor). I posted in the forum and on the shopping channel (for n00bs since I'm not high enough yet) and haven't received a response. I'd hate to /tell people who I think might be interested (it seems rude) and using a main chan doesn't sound like a good idea either.

Maybe the market is already saturated. Anyway, it does sound like great advice in theory, lol.

If anyone has some sort of tip, I'd appreciate it.
    The only difference between genius and insanity is success.

Thumbs up Bump + Comment

Bump, Make this stickey, The deacon is a kick arse player to know.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

./me raise hand and yells: VOTE STICKY!

QL1 Omni-Med Suit (Complete Female suit)
    go sell med suit to NLC/ICC becouse clanners cant get them at shops...15k is price what i have seeing

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast