Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Great post

I did not know about the pistol that adds comp lit...

173 ma still learning.

Re: Hmmm ..

Originally posted by Foul Ole Ron

If you're a newbie, and you see someone at level 150+ (And there are a lot of them around now) you can assume that he's got millions and millions of cash. You might as well go and call him greedy. It probably won't get you any money, but heck, if you're missing some 10k and he's got 50 millions, he *is* a greedy bastard and should damned well know it. You'd be surprised at how little work there is in those 50 millions compared to what it sounds like there should be.
    Dude! WTH are you talking about?? Because someone does not want to give away credits to a STRANGER, that makes them greedy?

Like Soyuz said:
    AO isn't RL. Someone begging for cash in Tir doesn't need it for something to eat or a place to sleep. They're not even after their next fix. The bottom line is that they don't actually need it, they just want cash, now, to play with.

Look, I may not be an old timer or leet (or what ever the hell the new word for the week is) to AO, but I'll tell you what; walking up to someone in RL or in a game and acting like they OWE you something just because you can breath and stand on two feet is crazy. No one owes a stranger ANYTHING...except for some common courtesy. And I hate to break the news to you, but the sooner you learn this the farther you will go in life. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt to ask, but for cripes sake if the answer is NO than accept it and move on. There is no need to be rude.

Who earned it all by themselves nowadays anyway?
    That would be me.
    Rimor -
    DOSAttack
    Rincewindz

"There are no bad decisions.....it is the outcome that is regarded as good or bad." - Me

Knowledge is power...www.michaelmoore.com

Music

Of course the whole post is predicated by the fact that you care about the money. You could just play the game. That is an option. I bet you might even have fun.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=91433

People are paying 750k a pair for god's sake!!!

GET THOSE QL10 CUSHIONS!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Re: Hmmm ..

Hey there.

First of all, I'd say it's an excellent guide, so before I go on, good work and long sought after, I'm sure .. .. I'm not at all new to Rubi-Ka, so I have no use for it, though, but I got a tad curious, so I checked it up.

There's just one thing that caught my eye. I'd like to call a damned lot of players greedy. There is so much money in the game now, it's all getting absurd, and almost none of it ever reaches the lower levels. I mean, a Grid Armor MKIV is worth what? Highest bidder over 700 millions? They cost so much because high levelers don't have anything to spend their money on, so they gather it up in piles. I mean, all they can use it on is alternative characters mostly and a few items like the grid armor there.

If you're a newbie, and you see someone at level 150+ (And there are a lot of them around now) you can assume that he's got millions and millions of cash. You might as well go and call him greedy. It probably won't get you any money, but heck, if you're missing some 10k and he's got 50 millions, he *is* a greedy bastard and should damned well know it. You'd be surprised at how little work there is in those 50 millions compared to what it sounds like there should be.

I always give money to people who need it as long as I can spare some.

For you people who've been in this game since 2001 at least, you'll remember how little money there used to be around, and now there are piles and piles of it. Don't be too greedy to share it with the low levelers. AO is a game and all about having fun. Having fun is not having a fulltime job to do on Rubi-Ka frantically trying to scrape together some creds for a rifle we could've bought 500 thousand times over and over. Besides, spending some money on some other players is a good investment, and those money will be worth a lot more to the person you give it to than they are for you in any case.

If you're one of the idiots that go .. "I earned it all, so why shouldn't you?" to every newb, I hope someone calls you a greedy **** ..

Who earned it all by themselves nowadays anyway? .. Just maybe one of their alts did.

I'm greedy?

Riddle me this: What is the most valuable resource you can possibly give away?

Stumped?

It's your time. there is nothing more valuable than your time and energy. When you give someone your time, you give them a piece of your life that you will never get back again. There's nothing more precious than that, buddy. Writing the guide and spending time helping new players is FAR more valuable than dropping 50k into their trade window. I've given you something of mine that I can never earn back, yet you call me greedy?

The second most precious resource is knowledge. Have you ever heard the term "knowledge is power?" Well really it is. A brand new player that takes the initiative to read these boards and then demonstrates the patience to run those missions gains an edge over the competition. The items don't go out of style. you could literally sit there on a rainy day and just watch the cash roll in faster than you can count it. Anyone that sticks to harrassing high level players is a god damned fool.

Yes, I said harrassment. I had a kid today, just like you, that would not take no for an answer. I tried to refer him to this guide and even manually walk him through all the steps, but no, he wanted the money instead. He got more and more aggressive towards me, calling me a greedy bastard (keep in mind Im sitting her for 30 minutes, giving up my own time to try and help him). Finally I put him on ignore and told him to quit AO, as he was obviously not intelligent enough to play. I got fed up and I blew my top. Wrecked my whole night.

That's happened before in the past. I rarely put folks on ignore, but I see folks tunning around with the "ignore" tag above their heads. I usually remember why I put them on ignore too and when they run up to me, I can imagine they ar saying something like "OMG you are about the last high level metaphysicist online! Please help me with a buff or implants".

So you see, mr onignore probably called me a greedy bastard because I wanted to help him instead of giving a handout. I'm not being greedy by refusing to dish out my own cash, I'm trying to help new players become self sufficient. I mean, so because I have alot of money, I'm *supposed* to give it all away to everyone that wants some? Really?

Perhaps I should camp outside Bill Gates' office and tell him he owes me a couple million too? Or perhaps since I'm African American, you owe me some money for slavery those hundreds of years ago lol?

Newsflash: Running a ql10 mission is NOT hard. I've bought so many concrete cushions that I have no use for them anymore. I bought them because I saw someone get off their lazy ass and WORK for a change. Hard work deserves a reward.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=91433

People are paying 750k a pair for god's sake!!!

750k for about 15 minutes of work. Begging for 750k might take hours and the shame involved in lowering yourself to a beggar's status is enough to keep anyone with even a shred of self worth from doing it.

You've been given the knowledge on how to make money fast, yet you insist that begging is somehow better?

Because I can afford it, I'm supposed to give handouts to everyone out there that wants a bit of play money? Absolutely ridiculous. Like I said before, we are ultimately in this game for ourselves. If we give away all that we have, then we are left with nothing.

Let's do the math here:

Let's say I give 100k to everyone that begs me for money. I get around 20 requests per day. 100,000 x 20 = 2 million credits per day. 2,000,000 x 7 days = 14 million a week.

I'm sorry, I understand you are low level and you really are 100% clueless when it comes to high level players, but you're talking out of the wrong end here buddy. If I worked my butt off I could make 14 mil a day, but the truth is, unless I'm saving up for something big, I might not make 14 mil in a week.

So basically, what you're saying is that I should stand around town and buff/assemble implants for tips....just to feed folks that refuse to work for their credits?

So let me rephrase that: I should work so that a new player does not have to?

Boy, I wish I had that kind of a deal in real life. The advice I give is sound. If a new player follows that advice, they WILL make money. Lots of it. BUCKETLOADS of it. Sell those cushions on the forums for 500k a pair. You can get 4-6 in an hour's playtime. That's 2-3 million credits in an hour's playtime by the time you're level 8 or 9.

With that knowledge, how can you POSSIBLY justify begging or how can you possibly tell me that I should just give away my credits?

Alot of you took my advice and I got several VERY nice tells saying things like "Deacon, I made a million credits!" or "Deac, check out this new yahlm, I earned the cash from selling rifles and cushions!" while the Foul Ole Rons out there sit on their asses and flame high level players for not offloading all their credits.

Ok, not sure if I'm going about this the wrong way or what but I tried using Clicksaver for the first time today.

I used my lvl 13 adv and wasted well over 4k trying to find a mission with Concrete Cushion as the reward.
    Now at 13 credits a pop I'll let you work out how many attempts that is.

First off, how do I know what QL of mission I am trying to pull? I'm guessing that a lvl 10 mission would be slightly towards the easy end of the bar for a lvl 13 player.
    Secondly, are these cushions really that rare? I mean seriously (bah, I'll work it out anyway), out of ~350 tries I didn't find skint of a cushion.
    Do I keep looking, or am I simply doing something wrong?
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

It could be a couple of things. When you roll a mission using clicksaver, it shows the ql of the mission next to the little icon for the reward.

Also, you can find out what ql missions you can pull by typing /tell helpbot level (and then your lvl)

In the area where you search for a specific item, try typing on just the word "concrete" instead of "concrete cushion". Lots of times and extra space or a misspelling in the "item to search for" panel will mess it up. And finally, in the last panel, it givs you an option for "display alert when listed item is found" and "display alert when listed location is found".

Check only the box for listed item. Hope that helps!

Concrete cushion

Yesterday i clicksaved and blitzed for 10 ql10 concrete cushions...
    so it can be done.

First off...make sure you pull a miss and look in clicksaver to see if its giving a ql10 reward. If not move the slider and try again. This may take a few tries to get the slider in the right place. I hit a lvl last night (12 or 13) and could no longer pull ql10 miss. I was getting ql9 and ql11's. So i had no choice but to pull any old miss and lvl up. Sure enough at lvl 14 i was able to pull ql10 miss with the difficulty slider down a little.

Next type in the item you want. I wrote ... Concrete Cushion ...
    I'm not sure if the capitals are necessary but it worked. Next make sure you tick the box that says item found or some such thing. Then pick a booth and clicksave away.

It only took about a dozen tries to get my first 2. Little did i know that, that's not the norm. The next few took quite a while. A good strategy is to set clicksaver at 100 tries. If it doesnt pull any after 100 tries i change miss terms(usualy in a diff city as well).

TheDeacon... this is a great post. You took the time and put forth the effort to help us all out. For that we are all appreciative. For those noobs that like asking for creds... well .. I usually answer "I'm broke, I have nothing, you should give me the some credits" This usually stumps them, hehehe.

...." If Karma had a shape, it would be a boomerang"....

Originally posted by Firalon Xertes
    Ok, not sure if I'm going about this the wrong way or what but I tried using Clicksaver for the first time today.

I used my lvl 13 adv and wasted well over 4k trying to find a mission with Concrete Cushion as the reward.
    Now at 13 credits a pop I'll let you work out how many attempts that is.

First off, how do I know what QL of mission I am trying to pull? I'm guessing that a lvl 10 mission would be slightly towards the easy end of the bar for a lvl 13 player.
    Secondly, are these cushions really that rare? I mean seriously (bah, I'll work it out anyway), out of ~350 tries I didn't find skint of a cushion.
    Do I keep looking, or am I simply doing something wrong?
    I remember having to experiment a little to get Clicksaver working the first time I used it. Try putting something very common in the Find Item list, like 'armor', to be sure it's working before you waste a lot of credits.

/tell helpbot level 13

missions 22, 19, 16, 15, 14, 13, 11, 11, 10, 9, 9

11 mission difficulty settings from 0% to 100% in increments of 10.

QL10 missions at level 13 would be 20% difficulty missions.

When you open the mission terminal window the mission difficulty slider is in the 50% setting. Click 30 times on the left side of the slider to move it to the 20% position. Click and hold on the slider and moving it to the approximate 20% position will also work.

Clicksaver is a great tool for finding the kind of missions you want but it doesn't make them any less rare. Wait until you try to get that full set of QL25 Decus Armor with matching Coat. Start saving some credits.

waht shop?

what shop do u sell the morphing memory for 50-100k. and in what region is it?

Re: waht shop?

Originally posted by hpiracer
    what shop do u sell the morphing memory for 50-100k. and in what region is it?
    Players buy the morphing memory. Pretty much only folks over the level of 165 or so can upgrade the memory to ql200, so target those guys. Especially nanomage Metaphysicists. If you see one of those (and they are UBER rare these days), if they don't have one already, they *will* buy one from you

Hehehe I actually bought six as soon as they came out

where would i locate people like those

Re: where would i locate people like those

Originally posted by hpiracer
    They are a dying breed :/

Also, agents can use them fairly easily (they, like MPs, have access to the game's only non general psychic buff) and...well heck, almost anyone would like a morphing memory.

Reason being is, as your skills increase, you can right click on the memory to upgrade it to a higher level, and eventually you end up with a ql200 morphing memory that adds 64ncu and like 32 to nano resist!

Beaut, thanks for the help guys.
    After reading the replies I think my biggest problem was I didn't let it run long enough.
    I had it set to 50 tries and was watching my creds tick away so I wasn't too keen to up the number when I had little or no idea of whether or not I was doing it right.

I am now armed with the knowledge to succeed (yes knowledge is power, no doubt about it )
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

I read this guide and thought it was great. I have a lvl 72 enforcer that is always strapped for cash for his next set of implants so I thought I'd make an MA like you suggested and just blitz missions for cussions. I did not give the new character any cash or items, just did missions till lvl 10. By this time I had about 12k. I managed to get one cussion using clicksaver and now had about 10k. I went through all of that and a couple of more that I blitzed for and I never got another cussion mission. I realize that 10k is not a real large chunk of cash but considering that the character is lvl 10 and it only takes 10 creds to generate a mission, I had gone through 1000 mission tries using clicksaver with 5 missions each and no luck. The only thing I had specified was "concrete cusion". Can any of you give me any tips on the way click saver should be set up or let me know if it works better in certain mission booth's? Or if 5000 tries with no luck is par for the course, let me know that too.

Billibash

One piece of advice when using clicksaver - have a list of items, don't just search for the one. If you're after Concrete Cushions, put Old English Trading Co. pistols on the list too. They go down to QL1, but you'll still be able to shift a QL10 pair easily enough.

Add in any nanos in that general region that you haven't already got, and if you're below level 10 yourself put some armour on the list. Nanos don't adhere strictly to the mission QL, so you might easily find a QL13 or 14 nano in a QL10 mission. You might as well pick these up in passing, since it saves you a bit of money if nothing else.

Bootstrap cash can be a problem though, at least until you've made your first sale. I remember searching for a Support Beam for a character of mine and going broke in the process. I eventually had to take any old mission just to make some spare cash. It must have taken over 200 tries to get that beam in the end. Worth it though.

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Billibash
    I read this guide and thought it was great. I have a lvl 72 enforcer that is always strapped for cash for his next set of implants so I thought I'd make an MA like you suggested and just blitz missions for cussions. I did not give the new character any cash or items, just did missions till lvl 10. By this time I had about 12k. I managed to get one cussion using clicksaver and now had about 10k. I went through all of that and a couple of more that I blitzed for and I never got another cussion mission. I realize that 10k is not a real large chunk of cash but considering that the character is lvl 10 and it only takes 10 creds to generate a mission, I had gone through 1000 mission tries using clicksaver with 5 missions each and no luck. The only thing I had specified was "concrete cusion". Can any of you give me any tips on the way click saver should be set up or let me know if it works better in certain mission booth's? Or if 5000 tries with no luck is par for the course, let me know that too.

Billibash
    Spelling is important. I've never seen a 'concrete cusion' or a 'cussion'.

If I'm not sure of the spelling of an item I'm looking for I always go to http://auno.org or http://aomainframe.info/ and look it up.

But you say you found one so spelling may not be the problem.

One thing I do if I'm having no luck finding something is to put something very common like 'armor' in the Find Item list just to test Clicksaver is working. Another thing I do is to use a short description in the Find Item list like 'concrete' instead of 'concrete cushion'. Less room for misspelling.

TY Deac i found it very helpful.

GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Here's a success story

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=91803

In a day's worth of work he made over 2 million credits selling the rifles, pistols, etc!

I gotta say it though. It absolutely rocks to see this in action. I got a tell from a really nice guy saying he's made bucketloads of cash so far. I'm *extremely* glad to see this work.

Sometimes, depending on the day, you might not get that many customers. But the forums and shopping channels are always there, so if you have a free sec in between missions, spam a bit on the channels and bump your auctions

:D

I think maybe you are Teh Tony Robbins of Rubi-Ka
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast