Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Cool

Awesome.
    Finally i know some of the prices on stuff....tsk to belive i used to throw those morphing mem's away or sell em to vendor
    LOL now i know better!!

Rakiish
    Last edited by Rakiish; Jun 16th, 2003 at 09:22:59.
    ''Imagination is more important than knowlidge''

Guide updated with new pricing and new info!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

sorry but there's no interest for any of the low level items

Well I just spent two days in game checking these figures (great to have something to do when you're made redundant, huh) and I let you all in on the fact that:

Morphing mem aint worth ****. You can only use one anyway, its not as good as normal NCUs (always lower QL due to the Psychic reqt) and anyone can get a dozen of them in half an hour from a new character. Be lucky if someone will take it for free.

Windchaser Quartz... I swear its not on the loot table Couldnt find it in ClickSaver, couldnt get it as chest or boss loot. Had to terminate so many times so I didnt actually level (working min Q missions so that I could get through them quicker).

Engis shouldnt bother ever making anything before being lvl150. Noone wants anything except implants made and MP / primary stat buffs.

I remember when the Tir Grid was in the NE corner of town and trader/engi/mp types went there to hawk their wares - that was a nice cash earner... does such a place exist any more? Its hassle running around asking peeps who dont want to be hassled whether they could make you things.

Decided now the best thing to do is slowly and painfully build a char up to level 120, then dump him (he'll be useless to play w/o half decent equipment) and just drop in every now and then to farm some credits off of Q100 mobs. Isnt that what every other player does...

Dain

I don't know why you can't find Quartz rifles, but I certainly did. I have over a dozen still, and they sell pretty good.

Try searching only for "quartz" and not the full name. There's no other equipment that has that keyword.

Unhappy No Joy with Morphing Memory

I've been trying to unload a two morphing Memories for a week now. I've tried the shopping channel, and I've tried shouting in the vicinity, but no joy. The only thing I've managed to sell was some crappy symbio-grafts for a doctor. Is there somewhere I can go to have a better chance to sell this stuff?

I also have several pieces of 'undamaged rollerrat flesh,' but this hasn't prompted much interest either!

~ Just another struggling [Martial] Artist ~

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    Guide updated with new pricing and new info!!!
    Nice work Deac. Top class post.

Quartz rifles occasionally appear in the basic shops in Trade. Usually I've got 3 or 4 bags full of them, I'll give all my friends a tell to see if they want one saving (including clanners), and pass a bag on to any guilds that have been helping the cause. I think Div9 had 3 bags of them given to them at one point. Same with QL50 Gripo's, they appear from time to time, so if you're looking for some time to fill, then do a quick loop of the basic shops in Trade. Oddly enough I've noticed they spawn at relatively the same time.

The one other thing that new people should know about, is the value of information and doing favours. I spent a long time gathering info, asking silly questions, doing runs for those aggro-enhancer things from SoM, helping someone get a Neleb's, camping for hours for a mate to get a TIM hud, etc.

Then came a time when I cancelled my account, and left the game for a couple of months. Came back and found I'd got nothing on all my chars, except a token board and a carrier on one of my other old chars. I was gutted.

But, all those favours got returned, and within a day, I'd got all QL200 implants (complete), full armour, weapons (including fury upgrade), Yal, and still had 45mil credits to play with. Even had clanners meet me in Newland to pass me items.

If I'd spent all my AO time (must be getting on for 200days playing time) levelling, then I'd probably have 4 or 5 chars at L200. As it is, my highest is L177, and second highest is L101. Why?

Because the value of doing favours, helping folks out, listening to people with problems, cheering them up, celebrating the victories, makes AO what it is... multiplayer. It also means that when I'm in a bad mood (as Cz will testify), having people to help pull me back up is invaluable. And the number of times I've dragged folks like Piikey, Destria, Noer, Zerosignal, etc half way across RK for some silly reason... yet they still talk to me even now, is unreal. But, I'd do it for them.

Oh, and one last thing... ask for money and you might get 10,000 credits, or you might get nothing. Then again, the last person I helped in a backyard prior to me leaving once, ended up with every possible QL200 soldier gun, full sets of armour, etc... prolly about 100mil (at least) worth of stuff. Just because when he asked for help and I barked back something like "go away", he asked if I was ok. Now that's classy.

Information and friends are of far more value than you could ever imagine in AO.
    Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Jun 20th, 2003 at 02:33:19.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Question

On the boards, this is a nice read but ...

Success :

- Managed to sell one graft : Sparrow Flight (group) for 1 Mil !

This was fantastic indeed, as I just came back to the game and my little MA chick needed a huge equipment upgrade.

Not so much success :

I must have been lucky once. I have another Sparrow Flight graft no one wants to buy, and also one of those Rollerrat Skins that don't sell at all.

I tried to sell the graft for 750k (someone ingame told me they go for 1 Mil ... maybe he was wrong ?) and the Rollerrat Skin for 250k ... to no avail. Maybe I'm too greedy ?

Any update on these items would be appreciated, after playing the game (with some stops) since retail, I would finally like to have my own Yalm now and experience the "flight feeling"

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us

EDIT : Doh, who reset my post count ???
    Last edited by Korrigan; Jun 26th, 2003 at 08:14:19.

Talking NIce...

Still a GREAT thread decon,and those of u others that have added new info,great,keep up the great work

I have one question though... :

What can i Use CS to find at lvl31 (30ish).......

Anything that sells?

I did the "qushion-thingy" and made 7 million btw decon
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

This is a great thread.

But

The players should be aware that now that so many know about what items are valuable to other players and actively seek these items out and sell them, the prices on these said items will also drop. Common rules of echonomics. As time goes by these commodities will be so common that it will be hard to sell such items at all.

The only constant is items sold to shops, such as battlesuits, nanocrystals etc. But now that I think of it, nanocrystals no longer give much credits at the booths.

Even though u have a valid point Black bots, u gotta remember that "rules of economy" from the real world do not apply to a mmorpg. I rl there is at a given point only so many ppl that need a certain item, and the ammount of ppl won't change a lot. Take a car for example. The ammount of ppl elligable to drive doesn't change by huge ammounts every day, or every month. But in a mmorpg ppl make new characters every day. And they need the same items on all their characters. Therefor the u can't compare the timespan in real life with the timespan in a game. I don't know how many new characters are made every day, but it's quite a lot. And some ppl delete old charaters, without clearing stuff like pillows, agi/treatment rifles. This increases the demand for the since they need it for their new alt characters. To sum it up, there will always be a demand for such items, and a decent demand which equals cash for hardworking guy/girl.

Q
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

I just can't believe that you get millions of credits in this game. I thought I was doing pretty well with 35,000 at lvl 15!!!

Also, I can't seem to be able to get that Clicksaver thing to work. Does it still operate correctly or have Funcom banned it?

Thanks.

Thanks Deac - nifty post.

Just returned after several months absence and it was a big help.

Agrre totally about begging - how the hell are u greedy for keeping your own hard earned loot? Need an ignore function in the chat and a set monster upon pest buff!

By the way - a gemmell reader?

Originally posted by Vichly
    I just can't believe that you get millions of credits in this game. I thought I was doing pretty well with 35,000 at lvl 15!!!

Also, I can't seem to be able to get that Clicksaver thing to work. Does it still operate correctly or have Funcom banned it?

Thanks.
    No problems with clicksaver. Read the readme and try again
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Yeah I got it working. I didn't read it right. Typical, I just jumped straight in, thinking I know better than the instructions do.

Updates the guide with some information on the Inner Sanctum dungeon passes

And remember again, not everyone needs anything at any particular time, so if something seems like a hard sell at first, don't give up.

we all need shoes in real life, right? But it doesn't necessarily mean that we'll buy every single shoe offered to us

why, I just bought a pair of shoes last week and don't expect to buy any more for a while now

Originally posted by Korrigan
    On the boards, this is a nice read but ...

Success :

- Managed to sell one graft : Sparrow Flight (group) for 1 Mil !

This was fantastic indeed, as I just came back to the game and my little MA chick needed a huge equipment upgrade.

Not so much success :

I must have been lucky once. I have another Sparrow Flight graft no one wants to buy, and also one of those Rollerrat Skins that don't sell at all.

I tried to sell the graft for 750k (someone ingame told me they go for 1 Mil ... maybe he was wrong ?) and the Rollerrat Skin for 250k ... to no avail. Maybe I'm too greedy ?

Any update on these items would be appreciated, after playing the game (with some stops) since retail, I would finally like to have my own Yalm now and experience the "flight feeling"

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us

EDIT : Doh, who reset my post count ???

Try selling Boost grafts for "playful cub" (turns you into a wolf).

Fixers are big on purchasing the Playful Cub boosted grafts, as they hide the fact that they're wearing grid armor.

Grid armor is a beautiful thing, but a fixer wearing grid armor is very vulnerable to NTs, MPs and Traders, so they like to hide that behind a morph.

And Playful cub gives a nice hefty +100 run speed buff

Deacon reminds me both that I need to buy new shoes, AND that I still need to buy a cub graft.

Heres a good trick too, be a Non-GA fixer, use the cub graft so everyone assumes you are a GA fixer, and when that NT GA nukes you, run up and eat him/her. People are frightened of two-headed wolves who eat NTs.

This thread is still a mandatory read, and should be shoved down the throat of every newbie who steps onto Rubi-Ka.

thanx deacon

im lvl 15 now been playing a week on my first guy, i have about 1,500,000 after spendng alot all in all ive made about 2 mil through smart trading and never had to consider to stooping to ask for money (i would never had begged anyway) and rich players are nice if your fair with em honest and not an *******, one guy gave me 250,000 creds just cause when i talked to him i displayed an enterprising spirit (i think thats y at least, he didnt buy anything) anyone who says high lvls are greedy is lazy thats all there is to it...

hell i even had my own inner sanctum pass at lvl 12 P which i sold for only 500k to a guy P

thanx for the thread it really is awesome and much more valuable to anyone not lazy than a 50k handout...

I don't see how you guys can get "handed" money. Oh sure it's easy to mule a few mils onto your char if you have a higher ql. But what about us starting mains that are stuck with doing things the hard way.

Early one I was faced with 2 major decisions. Either I go and level up in teams and lose money or I can do missions and gain money.

Here's what I get for each.

If I went on a team I'd have gotten several levels in a number of days. However there is always the big problem of all that ip and no money to spend it with.

If I go with terminal missions I'm stuck with SLOW xp gain and large money increases if I do far away missions. This is becoming increasingly harder to do because of that bug that won't let you into the mission.

My decision was to go with the terminal missions. Why? Well first of all it's actually the most bestest way to level unless you do team terminal missions but then you always have to share the loot and usually get stuck with the lower end of the stick. Another upside is you can upgrade yourself accordingly as you level.

I'm level 34 and I have 200k+ credits. Only once did I ever ask for money and that was from my clan. The reason? Well there was this nice Yalm that had a air req. of only 175. It's cost was about 5.5 mil. What I did was I asked one of my friends for a loan that I would pay off asap. He shrugged it but I convinced him to agree on me paying him at least half of the amount off.

Transportation is probably the best thing you can waver off in the rules of not begging. It helps a soloer so much by increasing the time to get to far away missions.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast