Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Bump. Even without selling the things specifically mentioned in this thread, just the mere idea has garnered me a lot of money. My alt on RK-1 (I started on RK-2) is doing well, not so well that it's easy but well enough that it is fun.
    The only difference between genius and insanity is success.

bump because trying to find this thread to show to the noobs is a pain.

Thumbs up Excellent thread!!!

The Thread roXorZ!!!
    Bump and BUUUUMP!!!

havent read all coz I dont have the time ffs, its more pages in this thread than its in the freakn bibel

As deacon says. U should try to get a hold of ur money by urself. It isnt that hard to get those pillows or guns as he is mention about, Actually I have a pair of those. theres also cusions for bm, mc, ts (I think it was, well, it was 3 of the nano experience). those ones I personally would give some credits for 2 my engi.

I do beg sometimes. Not when Im over lvl 30 but if I'm starting on a new character I can ask a guy NICELY if he got some spare cash for a poor low lvl dude who is really in need for some cash for that new buff, pet, or what ever that would make it easier to survive the new missions.
    I have got anything from 1 to 300k. I know Im i depth and so I give others my money with my prof that is richer. U dont need to give away like... 200k. the person who ask should ask nicely me thinks, what he/she intends to do with the money. so that u know that hey, he/she really needs those money and I got em, I can get those money by looting 1-5 fallen enemies so thats nothing in a mission where it is more than 30 enemies. why not give it away 2 that dude and feel gr8.
    Offcourse u cant give away money to ever1 that asks u, but this is where u must decide if they are in that need of the cash and how the ASK.

with my engi (both atrox and nano) i always have to ask for buffs. Since I no longer is in a guild I dont have so much friends that can buff me. most of em have left AO. I always try 2 ask as nice as I can and always say thx and bow 2 em. just to be polite.
    If they are polite I always give em the money. that doesnt mean that they are going to lick my toes and scrub my az, just beeing polite will do the job

- my 2 cents
    rerolling on rk-4

Just want to add 2 ur comment in ur "sig" ebullient

the diff is that the genius has a limit, the insanity/insane (should be stupidity me thinks ) haven't
    rerolling on rk-4

Why isn't this stickied?
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Thanks again Deacon for this awesome guide..forget all negative comments i might have made in the past..i was a n00blet with a bit more knowledge of the game i can see how your guide is a gem hehe

Thanks!
    Urone - Engineer of wonders! RK1

http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/1/name/urone

Ex-AC player on Leafcull! *wave to fellow ex-AC players!*

bump for sticky
    Dormouse Martial Artist lvl 220 Enlightened Guru, 'Hero' alien killer, General of United
    Gruntley MP lvl 220 Enlightened Deity - Atrox, 'cos size does matter
    Cenicera MP lvl 113 - Nanomage 'cos brains matter too
    Wetnurse Doctor lvl 216 - Dorm's pocket doc
    Leadhead666 Soldier lvl 218 - Work in progress
    Skaramouche Fixer lvl 151 - twink? don't know what you mean

Semper in excretia, solum profundum variat

RK for loot, SL for XP, AI for rolling on the floor laughing at the Gen-HX cannon-fodder - WilloTheFist

Keeping it where the ARKs can see it. Someone wanna send em a PM?

I dont think they will sticky it since it mentions clicksaver - this thread has been here forever though. Maybe someone can rewrite it with the word "clicksaver" replaced by the word "CENSORED" or something?

Oh yeah, and BUMP.

Thumbs up Best post ever.

Bump until it gets sticky
    My mains.
    Patherson - Adv, lvl 207
    Anneli - Engy lvl 187
    and a few more.....

Bumpitty bump bump.
    Lazerous Keeper, My Dog of War and Love.

And My Family:

MrController Engineer Fun, Smart and Deadly.

Slammabama Enforcer: Fat, Charming and Sexy.

MrFatts Fixer: Fat and Sexy and Deadly, not to mention cute.

LoveGal Meta-Physicist:
    Killing Clanners for the fun of it.

"Sure my human is fat, but he is so freaking adorable it does'nt matter!"

Bump me baby one more time!

oh yes, my little gray goddess. I shall bump you quite a bit!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

lol

Why can't we get it sticked?

right on

Net.gamer gave the article a mention I heard. So like maybe Britney Spears and Aria Giovanni read net.gamer and it would bring me JUST ONE STEP CLOSER TO SUCKING THEIR TOES???

Dear God, I hope so @_@

oh by the way, check the original post for some new and updated information
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Apr 23rd, 2003 at 20:17:23.

Continued from page 1

Another thing to note for higher level players: QL160 concrete cushions add +20 to strength and stamina each and are EXCELLENT for equipping Notum Tanks and Azure Reveries armor! Have about ten of the QL160 Excellent Concrete Cushions on hand in case you ever need them. 1 million a pair, easily.

And finally, at level 112 you can blitz your first ql200 missions (you'll need a run buff for sure).

QL200 "64 NCU" chips sell for 1.5 mil each
    QL200 Flowers tech or primus decus armor may sell for 5-10 mil for a complete set
    QL200 Computer Deck Range Increasers, Hardcore CPU Upgrades or Nanoformula Recompilers will also sell for 1 million credits each.
    A full set of ql200 Basic Implants (the blank ones, with no clusters) will sell for around 15-20 million credits for a full set

Since the above items are no longer common mission rewards, their perceived value goes up. Way up. These can be found in chests, on corpses (slayerdroid MOBs drop alot of implants) and in the case of NCU, they are most commonly found on the 'blasted androids' scattered throughout missions.

type /tell helpbot level (insert your level here) to find out what ql missions you can blitz

Add on to that the treasures found in the subway dungeon, like morphing memory (50k per chip is a VERY decent price) that are found on any robot or dog type mob in the subway dungeon (and you will collect A LOT of these) and http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=202717 which adds as much as +20 to ncu (this item can be upgraded from a lvl1 ring all the way up to a ql that adds +20). That item is found on one of three bosses in the subway (trust me, you can’t miss them) and sells for around 1-2 mil.

But be fair to your team and split the cash. Always remember that you may need them at some point in the future and it never, ever pays to rip someone off in this game!

Finally, mission settings. When you roll a mission, you’ll see six sliders that say things like “good” or “bad” or “open” or “hidden”. If you are looking to make mostly or all cash from your mission, set the first slider all the way to “bad” and set the sixth slider all the way to “money” and most of the missions you draw will have all cash. The other nice thing about this is that if you run through your mission without killing anything, going straight for the item, you will get the cash no matter what, even if you kill nothing. This is a great way to make money btw. It’s called “blitzing”. One thing to mention about blitzing is you need to have good run speed, as the object is to zoom past the enemy before he can whack you to death. Fixers have a nice line of run buffs, as do adventurers and even MAs. The best part about all this is that the fixer, adventurer, general +30 and MA run buffs all stack with each other. If you were to get them all, you would receive a run bonus of well over 1000!

If you don’t care about cash and you’re more interested in getting a healthy XP bonus from completing the mission, set the sliders in the following order. Left, left, middle, left left, right. This also has the advantage of having fewer locked doors (the trapped doors or locked doors can get you killed in a hurry).

Well I sure hope this helps someone out at some point. This is sound advice that is going to make your playing experience a lot more enjoyable and you not only acquire the pride in becoming 100% self sufficient with your funds, but you also gain the sense of accomplishment that is only found through hard work. Stick to these tips and you will end up with more money than you can spend!

Just remember to be patient. Time is all you have. Fight the urge to power level with no cash, as you’ll quickly find yourself with poor quality weapons, armor and ncu and not much use to your team. Take the time out in the beginning to tap into this vast wealth and you’ll see it pay off for your character’s entire life!

Now if you’re too high level to mission for any of these items or to go into the subway, don’t fear. Roll a martial artist alt (MAs do not need to use weapons and make very good soloers), get him to level 10, get your pillows (get a dozen if you can between ql10 and 12), go to the subway, get your rings and memory and level to around 22 and then go hog wild getting as many OT rifles as you can get your hands on!

And finally, the word “can’t” is not an option, nor should that evil word ever creep into your mind under any circumstance. You CAN and you WILL should be the only two things you should ever consider.

Peace and hugglez!!!

-Thedeacon

5-2-2003 update: Undamaged Piece of Rubbery Rollerrat Flesh

Comes in one ql only. No matter which rollerrat you loot it from, the flesh can be used to make a ql200 Rollerrat Carbonum Helmet which is a nasty looking helmet that has some rather NICE mods that would make that piece of flesh worth around 1-500k to any player of any level

6-17-03. Whew, the guide was getting a bit out of date. changed some things, added some things, took away some things. Go through and have another looksee

7-8-03 update: In the Temple of the third Winds (located in Greater Tir County, check other threads in this forums for exact coordinates and more details), several of the bosses and mini bosses drop Exarch Robes. For a low level player, this robe is an extremely nice backpiece, clearly the best for its level and easily acquired.

However, this robe serves another function. Located in various cities are "Blind Cultists" (if you're clan, there's one in the city of West Athen coordinates 550 x 500 approximately, otherwise there's several others located in other cities, check the forums for exact coordinates to them all). By handing the Blind Cultist your Exarch robe, you "atone" for your sins and are handed a sealed pass to the Inner Sanctum.

Inner Sanctum is a small dungeon for high level players only. The beuty behind this is that as long as you do NOT right click on the sealed pass, you can sell this sealed pass to a high level player!

So while Inner Sanctum may be a high level dungeon, it can only be entered via an item acquired in the low level dungeon!

these sealed passes have been selling for around a million or so a pass, but within a few weeks, as more and more players enter the Inner Sanctum and receive their permanent pass inside, the price will drop drastically, so don't be surprised if you're not able to sell yours for a million. It's not a problem with the guide, just a shift in market trends
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Jul 8th, 2003 at 20:20:54.

Originally posted by THEDEACON!
    Net.gamer gave the article a mention I heard. So like maybe Britney Spears and Aria Giovanni read net.gamer and it would bring me JUST ONE STEP CLOSER TO SUCKING THEIR TOES???

Dear God, I hope so @_@
    /me Runs and hides from Deacon.

Deacon will catch you.

Exclamation

Firstly.......bump.

Secondly, I needed to share the audacity with you.

While I think this is an extremely helpful and thoughtful post, I have not used it..... yet.

I am not really looking to have millions in the game, just play, get by and mostly have fun. I am a level 50 advent, just doing missions and going to TOTW and different dyna camps.

Now I am by no means rich or even close for that matter but I have enough money to get my latest nanos, buy my implant stuff, oh and let me now forget lots of silly clothes! Plus whatever other things I need. All from money I have made MYSELF.

Anyway I was standing looking for a mission and someone asks me for money. I ignore. Asks again... ignore. So on so forth... After about the 5th time I said NO! Went to go about my business and this girl followed me. She proceeded to follow me all around Athens.

FOR YOU PEOPLE WHO DO THESE KIND OF THINGS; STOP BEING LAZY, HAVE SOME PRIDE & READ THIS POST!

Or go find another way to make your OWN money.

It's not so hard. I work full time and have other activities in my life and I manage.

The game has many resources, try and use them.
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

embarrassingly silly question

deacon, i know it's embarrassing to make this point - i had cushions at L10, two actually, tried to sell them to a few people around, couldn't, didn't know about market places, eventually just sold them in a shop (i know, crying shame) because I needed a few hundred credits. would be good to explain what you think are the best ways of going about finding buyers ...

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast