Thread: Whats a good solo class?

Whats a good solo class?

I like to solo a lot and dont really prefer being in team that much. I was just wondering what are some of the best classes for soloing?

Martial artist

I hear you. The reason I play multiplayer online games is because i find interacting with other players far more interesting than fighting artificial intelligence over and over. But at the same time, i HATE relying on other players. Put simply, (no offense), the average player cannot be depended apon. They'll either just not show up, have connectivity issues, lose interest, or just act like a jerk. Anybody who teams regularly knows the stress of trying to get everybody together and KEEP everybody together. Its a nightmare. So being self sufficient is a must for me. I can play alone and, when necessary, team up and have a little fun.

Some professions ( like doctor) are almost designed to be a team support so if its not your thing, or you dont have lots of dependable buddies online, avoid those professions at all cost.

One solo profession I can recommend without hesitation is

MARTIAL ARTIST

You dont need to buy weapons. Easy to train up, you dont have to continually hunt down your next weapon upgrade, haggle with players to buy things at ridiculous inflated prices, and you dont have to find people to twink you in to them. The only things you have to buy are special moves and armor. Which are, thankfully, readily available in almost every store. The martial artist is also very well balanced and can take a beating. Very good at self heals (so you dont need to find a doctor every time you go hunting) and also some team healing abilities if you want to help somebody else.

I play a martial artist and love it. Hey, i just love being bruce lee. But another big selling point is independence.

There are a few other solo professions. I guess enforcer is a good one. Enforcer can REALLY take a beating and survive a swarm by him/herself. Shade is also a good loner trade , but at higher levels you really appreciate having a doctor around. its a challenge. Some people also recommend trader or adventurer becuase they are well balanced jack of all trades. BUt Martial artist, for me, stands out above the rest as being a solo class.

my advise would be a MP. In my opinion they are the best solo-class. They can solo alot due to their high nanoskills (= high ql pets), even on high lvls

(wow i used "high" 3 times in one sentence, not bad )
    Zcope 210 Agent
    Snowhawk5 200 Crat
    Snowi
    175+ Enforcer
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Best solo class if you have money or someone taking care of you is a MP. MP's are actually one of the few classes that can solo in Adonis & Prenumbra.

Best solo class for a new player without much money is an MA, for all for all of the issues listed above. Just remember, use your hands & don't bother buying weapons except for MA attacks & upgrades nanos.

Adventures are pretty good, and can take a beating at the higer levels, but I was never really happy with their overall damage output when soloing. More complex, but still a good first toon.

Fixer would also be an option. A fixer takes some work to solo, but you can solo a fixer quite well if you do the research. The main reason for doing a fixer is to allow all your alts to get whatever you need via the fixer. The fixer can blitz anything the fixer needs or your alts need, and can make a lot of money. Everone needs a fixer & for AI it sounds like you will need them to transport to the motherships.

Anyway one final note. If your having trouble finding good people to team with it sounds like you need to find a good guild. A good guild can really make a huge amount of difference in your overall enjoyment of the game, and can help you level or get items that you would not normally be able to get.

Good luck.
    RK2: Darknovea (fixer), Darkbunnie (engi), Darklluna (MP), Darkblade (shade), Darkfeury (MP), Darksoliz (agent), Darknoviah (keeper), Darkfury (Enf), Darkhuntress (soldier)

RK1: Darknovia (agent), Darkliquid (trader), Darkseether (fixer)

Click Here for MrFli's awesome portrait of Darkbunnie

Best solo class if you have money or someone taking care of you is a MP. MP's are actually one of the few classes that can solo in Adonis & Prenumbra.
    Maybe you ment Inferno? or Adonis/Pen catacombs? Everybody can solo in Adonis/Pen.

at times, I find myself in a position where getting a team is more or less useless, as I need to go afk within a second's notice, may have to log, etc...

In those situations, I think it's unfair to a team to just bail.

So I solo. Here's my experience on low level solo characters (low level= lower than 80)

ranged by my opinion of soloability ("best" first)

Keeper: Good soloer. Great add to a team. Good damage and a steady flow of heals (nanoprograms+perks) keeps you alive while the mobs seem to die and die and die. Once you get the frost scythe from TOTW, you're unstoppable! Once you get the Stygian, you solo groups of red that still cons red after dinging three times.

Adventurer: Good soloer. Fast heals, steady damage. Morphs that can fit almost any situation. Weapons from the Smith in Sav will last long.

artial artist: Good damage, slow, but efficient heals. Critsbuffs make crits happen often, which makes mobs die pretty fast. Good evades helps alot too.

Fixer: Not as much healing as the above, but HoTs do the job. Great travelling across the country once you get your first grid phreak. If you're rich or lucky and get GA(grid armor), you're on easystreet, as long as you stick to RubiKa. (about 10-20 million from the market boards)

Enforcer: decent damage, no heals, but absorbs and mongo will keep you alive. Slow like a turtle, but you'll get where you want, given enough time.

Engineer: Well, get a good bot, send him into mission-room, alt-tab and read boards until the noice stops. Stay max-def incase the mobs should aggro you after all. (they WILL aggro you if they can see you. Target mob and move away then send in the pet.

Meta: Same as engineer, but you got a healpet that you can stick on yourself so you can survive standing next to your pet and lob nukes.

Agent: Go FP:meta, cast nanoskillbuffs and the best healpet you can. Hope your aimed shot takes as much damage as it can, then sit and wait while you kill the mob while the pet keeps you alive.

Trader: Twink-class. Lot of work. Toss 3-6 drains on the mob at the beginning of fights (they can last several fights, so you don't need to recast everytime. And you only need to recast the last two) to keep your twinked shotgun non-OE. Got calms if things go wrong. Not much heal at all, really.

Nanotech: Root, shoot, shoot, root, shoot, shoot, root, fumble root, scream for mercy as you run away.
    Done right, you can take out any mob you can land a root on. Takes time, but it's doable. Calms if things go awry. No heals whatsoever. HE will enable you to keep nuking and nuking and nuking and...etc..

shade: in order to do the best with a shade, you need to stand behind the mob. That's not easy when you're the only one the mob can see. It's doable, but it's not easy. Some attacks also require the mob to be aggro at someone else.

Soldier: well, I have a lvl 10 soldier. I don't feel I have enough experience with him to say anything about soloability here.

Doc: I wouldn't try soloing with a doc until 100+ or so, when you can afford investing in weaponskills.
    Although, I have managed to DoT mobs to death with my doc. Took helluva time to do, and I spent my entire nanopool and then some keeping me alive and keeping the DoTs fresh. I suppose you could sacrifice some things and wield a weapon of some sort. But you'll still take ages to kill things. (it'll take them ages to kill you as well)

disclaimer: These are my options. Others may disagree with me. Heck, sometimes I disagree with me. However, I am disillusioned with the idea that this post might actually be helpful. If you should happen to disagree with me, you have several options: Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me why I'm wrong. Forget I wrote the thing you disagree with. Disregard what I wrote. Read something else and figure out the truth is actually a mix of what I wrote and what someone else wrote. Flame me for beeing wrong. Try out something yourself and give me feedback on how it's going. Make a post below here and tell everyone how things REALLY are. If you however should happen toa gree with what I wrote, and decide to take action acordingly, I take no responsibility of what happens. I do not take responsibility for lost credit/friends/XP/IP/SK/EU/RT/HK/insertotherunknownacronymherecauseIhavelostcountan dhavenoideawhatthoselastthereactualylmeans. I am aware that there might be spelling-errors in this. post. I have seen some and corrected them, but I do not guarantee I got'em all. Normal typos to expect from me is stuff like teh instead of the. mixing of word san dspaces. Adding or leavin outt letters in words. general misspelling of wyrds. Thsoe kind of things are normally not intended. An except fromthe examples in this disclainer, they're not intended inthis post. You may, however, correct me, if you should feel liek it. (another example of typo. Well, really not, but I dont' want to go back and correct it, so I pretend that it is a part of an example. Althoughm, the stuff I wrote now is more work than it would have been to just correct the typo. Nevermind that. Noone is gonne read here anyways. So I guess I can stop writing a disclaimer and write stuff I REALLY want to write. Hmm... what to write, what to write... I actually don't know. While creating this disclaimer, which happens to be longer than the post I posted (which I think was pretty long in itself) has diverted my brain from beeing constructive, so it just keeps rambling like this. I really ought to stop. Yep, I think I shall. btw, I think I might have forgotten a profession. Yes, I did. I forgot to mention the crat. The crat is a good soloer. Well, kinda. The crat recruits mobs and make the mobs do the dirtywork. I suppose mob x vs mob x+pet makes the crat win, huh?
    Last edited by Skybert; Aug 6th, 2004 at 18:31:29.

I rank soloing on what you can do without asking anyone for anything to help, i.e. soing everything by yourself:

1) MP. No question the most self-reliant class in the game. recent pet nerfs have reduced some of the MP high end heroics, but still the most solid soloers in the game.

2) Advie. The BBI and Sol Fires are store bought weapons to QL125, and advies are 2nd best healers in the game.

3) MA. No weapons to buy, close to advies in healing. Crit beasts who can be 1/1 @ FullDef and still pack the whallop.

If you have unlimited funds and/or a pocket MP, then definitely consider engineers, crats or fixers. Engies and crats with mochams can call up some silly pets in the pre-200 levels, and a fixer with a Perennium and Grid Armor can solo a lot of stuff way earlier than other professions. But mochies/CI need to be begged, and GA isn't free. So I left them off the list.

And keepers solo just fine, but there a certain points where you will need help obtaining the gear and weapons that make it really effective. The same can be said of docs and enforcers.

It's all really subjective though. I can solo well with just about any class, given the right gear and weapons, and I can solo gimp with any class if I choose to neglect t00n maintenance.

If you happen to look in the prof forums, don't mind all the "god we are nerfed, its impossible to play this prof anymore". Pick one you find fun to play, thats more important than being the best. MP/MA/Adv would be my personal recommondation
    220/21 :: demonocidio :: soldier
    220/20 :: detomb :: martial artist
    218/15 :: khonshu :: keeper
    216/13 :: daevas :: agent
    213/15 :: treachery :: adventurer
    210/09 :: necroheal :: doctor
    210/08 :: knark :: bureaucrat

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior.

If you have grid armor, Fixer gets my vote for best solo prof. My baby fixer can solo things 2x her level no problem. If you don't have GA(like 99.999999% of all beginners), I'd suggest a MA first off, b/c they are cheap. If you are willing to use clicksaver and blitz every nano you need, or use one of the guides in this forum to make money..I'd say a MP.

An Adv is also a very good solo class, get a set of pistols from Foremans dungeon and you'll be good til at least level 80, can even stretch them out til level 100.

If you plan to go end game, the best solo class atm is Doctor. They can solo things most peeps have to use a team to take down. Granted it takes them awhile to do so, but it is doable. I'm kind of getting ahead of myself, Ma, Mp, and Adv are 3 profs that will serve you well if you desire soloing. If you find GA in a solo mission(which I have), roll a fixer.....or just sell it.

Keeper is great...

GA fixers are on RK but as they don't exist in SL they're generally not good...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

If I were going to give you an answer coming from my gut, I'd tell you to go Bureaucrat. Any pet-using profession can solo good, if not pretty well by themselves. But, in truth, any profession can solo if they know what they're doing. If you play it right, anything is possible. For some, soloing is the answer while for others, staying in a group will gain more levels quicker. Either way, you're going to need to make the right decisions with skills and equipment if you want to make it soloing.
    Claudius "Ptolemy" Brinkstar (RK1)
    -----------------------------------------------
    "This world is the will to power, and nothing besides!
    And you yourselves are also this will to power, and
    nothing besides!" -Nietzsche

Thanks! Just started a MA and i love it already! im at lv 25 and i usually have around 30k of extra cash to spend! Except when i get new nanos and implants Its great fun thanks for everyones suggestions especially the agent/mp false profession combo