Thread: Releasedate on Shadowlands.

Releasedate on Shadowlands.

When is "Shadowlands" supposed to be released?

This expansion seems like a good idea to the everyday life of every AO player =) Some destic change would suit me perfectly as i have played over 1.5 years now.. Don't get me wrong, i'm far from tired of AO, but some change would not hurt..

Can't wait =)

same here

i cant wait too
    /tell Oezcan

I've heard rumours about june 2003, but just rumours... Anyway, it would be nice if it were out before swg
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475

I've heard some rumors that SWG is not all that afterall.. Some betatester friends-friends said that the game mechanics will not be the same as AO, and they said it will be like Highscool (AO) vS Kindergarden (SWG) Well, i for sure will stick to AO.

Originally posted by Zhazam
    I've heard some rumors that SWG is not all that afterall.. Some betatester friends-friends said that the game mechanics will not be the same as AO, and they said it will be like Highscool (AO) vS Kindergarden (SWG) Well, i for sure will stick to AO.
    A lot can happen between now and release. I have serious concerns about it turning into Sci-fi Everquest, but we'll see.

I'm not planning to jump into it at release at this point. Maybe at some later time I might give it a spin so I can honestly say I've tried it and gave it a chance.

In the meantime, I'll keep puttering along and playing AO.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

I'll probably try it at release, after all, it can't be worse than the first few months of AO......

lilnymph = Masocist, hehe
    hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

True, it couldn't be that bad.

Then again, even Everquest's release day wasn't so hot. I think the only release that went relatively smoothly (for me, anyhow) was Asheron's Call.

On second thought, I might chance trying it at release if nothing else is demanding my attention. Well, actually, Eve Online might be, but we'll see.

-||-

Eve. . .now that's a game I'm buying on release day, even if it sucks.

The concept alone deserves my cash.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Ever since I heard about it, I've been waiting for it to be released. It helps that the Eve Online community has been nothing short of fantastic.

I'll be doing the same thing - buying it on release day for better or worse.

-||-

What I meant is NOT that I'm going to switch to SWG (heck, I'm tired of all this hype), but that it would be better for FC to release SL before SWG, and in a good state too, so that many will have a reason not to leave as soon as "the next big thing", as they say, hits the road

I'd be surprised (and maybe a bit dismayed) if it came out so quickly. NW still needs work, I think.

Also, it's expected that every MMORPG will suffer when SWG comes out. That's always how it is when some hyped game releases. The trick is to get the customers back afterward once they get bored with the 'newest greatest thing'.

-||-

Hmm.

SWG comes out in april sometime so i would think that funcom is going to try to release before then or not to far after.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

SWG is not coming out in April. Sure they say so, but no chance that they can accurately predict a release date on a game that's 3-4 months away still. I mean heck, UT2003 was supposed to come out in July, and they had to wait till the end of June to finally say "OK, it won't be done by then."
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

A lot of shadowlands material is already being implemented into the game. A big show of this would be the upcoming patch.. Also this game seems to be going the more fantasy root. ugh.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I really don't want Anarchy Online to become Anarchyquest.

-||-

It is a lot different guys, not medieval fantasy, not fantasy at all, it's a "transcendental" world, quite original (not as concept but in design) and very interesting I would say. Not more fantasy than what the game already is (call that magic, call that nanotechnology, it's just the same "casting" , and there are monster and kind of dragons already too)), it will just take it into, literally, another dimension, so fear not,it won't be any more EQish than it is now It will be more interesting, probably

I hope that Shadowlands comes out before SWG. Because SWG will get all of my attention when it arrives
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Talking just had to 2 cent this one...

Shadowlands should be interesting, from all I have been reading and seeing it will not totally turn this game into a EQ type game, tho it may take it a bit more into the fantasy aspect and less of the science... Still this game has done a fair job of playing the razor's edge of both already honestly. Really this expansion is just sounding like a dip into the metaphysicist side of the game. All I can say is even if it does EQ the game a bit, hopefully they will notice the negatives this could bring quickly and will come out with the next expansion strengthening the science aspect of the game all over again.
    Bottom line there is alot that this game has potential to play in, I just hope they attempt as much as possible prior to fallout!... (not that this game is even looking like that time will come anytime soon)....
    Now as for the SWG mentions herein?...
    come on people this is AO not the SWG anticipation post. Go talk bout that somewhere where they want to discuss such... Admittedly I myself know I will be torn when SWG is released, still I dont post here whining about it or about my plans on how to approach whether I will or won't play that game. Fact is, as stated earlier, every online game is gonna suffer for SWG being released and evidently all kinds of expansions/upgrades are scheduled for around the same time to try and keep what few they can wrestle from the ravages such a release will have on each mmorpg. I mean they are even finally allowing necromancy in UO! my god that has been talked about in that game since 1999!!! and now finally it is being opened up to that community. All I can say is I think funcom might be wiser to release shadowlands sometime after swg has been about for a bit, just because alot of games are releasing updates around then and alot of mmorpg changes will probably take place after the SWG affect on each.
    So I think that if Funcom has their head on straight, they will ride on the faith of their true fans (how it should be) and will try strengthening the current NW and regular gameplay with patches and updates to the story etc. Meanwhile allowing SWG to prove itself a fool's pit of eternal struggle as it works to build the economy etc. and then when time has proven who will land where in the worlds of MMORPG's, release the shadowlands and watch as many of those realizing what they left behind in this MMORPG come flocking back.
    But then I haven't been around too long now, still Im noticing from the posts here there and everywhere funcom may not have much of a head to keep straight let alone visible and not in a hole (we all know which one)...
    So chances are shadowlands will come out bugged as hell and slapped together and just in time to try and keep any AO'ers they might lose to SWG especially due to posts like those above raving about how they will be leaving this game to head to some lame, over-hyped, sony/lucasArts based, MMORPG. (and for those of you not aware we have sony to thank for the joys EQ brought to the MMORPG world (camping, farming, nerfing, buffbegging,....need i continue?) And lucas arts to thank for overly difficult games resulting in little storyline and even less excitement in comparison to games actually having more substance than a shafty film that would have been much better had all 6 been done when actiing was something actors did in movies...)
    Finally for those not paying attention, I think enough people have demonstrated an equivalent feeling of animosity over the recent movies enough to keep them from even experimenting with a game that is so far promising ONE character per server... YOU READ RIGHT ONE!!!! So those of you thinkin of twinkin a jedi or two, forget it, not unless you wanna purchase multiple accounts...

Now please... AO players, posters, and anyone else that might stumble into our forums.. keep our posts on AO pertaining to AO and lets leave the SWG posts to the SWG site. As if that game is gonna need any more hype building it up...
    so you thought i might know something? well they don't pay me enough to "know" anything

hrmm

Anarchyonline = Shadow Run???

well....

i have high hopes for shadow lands seem like a good idea in some places and hoping they will pick up some slack in others

my main grif is that funcom boost about having this this huge rp commuity but never really throw us a bone i would really like to see some reasonable suggestines fulfilled in shadowlands plus
    maybe new clothes {or well just read miss maul's post for some ideas } since for a lot of use lvling really isn't the biggest part of the game i mean heck lot of plp would be happy with the same clothes just in different colors

also it's looking good as theyare bringing new item's to proff's that havent gotten anything in a long while {agent's,doc,ect ect}

as the last thing im really looking more forward to jobe then i am the shadowlands themselfs so i hope they fill jobe up with a lot of good stuff too