Thread: Disillusioned Anarchy Online Players (New Org name)

Lightbulb The Disillusioned

I am creating a new org for players who get bored with the content funcom gives us. It's on org for all types of players, except flamers and fanboys. What is imporant is the facts. Most of us have personal stories of how they became Disillusioned of the true nature of AO and FC. I'm sure that everybody who has played alot has their own story.

This is my story, and new members should post theirs.

I started AO like a child. Seeing the rays of light streaming through a tree in the backyard of newland. The polished nature of AO exploded my mind/imagination. So much to learn, so much to experience, so many people. I have lived many different lives in AO. Gimped 73 NT, lvl 40 engineer that was a pure decus coat seller/buyer. LvL 132 Engineer that blitzed missions for battle suits and always wanted a few MPs. And finally, bored old man who sat in the middle of busy cities wanting to talk to people about the game, and having people just run on by to lvl up, even though I knew that it was pointless because I didn't care to kill a mob a second faster, and I knew that pvp was heavily imbalanced. After 45 man days of playing, there was nothing left for me. I quit AO, 7 months ago. Wiser, and Stunned, I ventured into RL. I exercised at 24 hour fitness. Biked around my town of Petaluma, California. (50 minuites north of Sanfrancisco). I watched the Independant Film Channel, and felt my existence through the muscles I newly acquired. Knowing I biked 30 miles a day, I felt I could accomplish anything. I started the SRJC around here, stopped exercising, and lost myself in the schoolwork. I got poor grades, but most of all I got cynical of the world. The corporate tv and radio which have gotten devoid of soul. I hear of starving people and that the lower 49% of the world population makes about a dollar a day. These things boggle my mind and make me feel helpless.
    It is christmas break. I have no good friends, no good things to do outside of the house, so I venture back into AO with a new account. Things are almost exactly the same, but I have a new goal. It is not to lvl, or "have fun" (because you can convince urself lvling is fun, when it really is lacking of anything substantial worthy of the effort/time). My goal is to challenge myself with learning, solving problems, and mostly, making friends that would prefer helping people around them than helping themselves. This is a world. It is not fair. I want to combat the injustices with unity which seems so hard to do in the world.

Thanks for reading this far, and flame away! It only bumps my message. If I wanted infinite bumpage I should say that girls suck or that I'll give shades of lucubration to the last post lol. I can't fight this fight on my own. I need people to fight (play, lol) along side me to give my cause strength and myself validation.

POST HERE!!!
    http://www.ao-basher.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54
    Last edited by Disillusiond; Jan 18th, 2003 at 23:34:02.
    EDIT: back after a month from AO
    Disillusiond - Agent ||| Proud member of Circle G
    Omardoc - Doc
    Omar - Student
    "My neutrality represents the good nature of the players."
    21/m/northernCA Wish me luck in RL odielag@hotmail.com (msn)

My final bumpage
    EDIT: back after a month from AO
    Disillusiond - Agent ||| Proud member of Circle G
    Omardoc - Doc
    Omar - Student
    "My neutrality represents the good nature of the players."
    21/m/northernCA Wish me luck in RL odielag@hotmail.com (msn)