Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Abbadon Chassis is NOT uber.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice. They will have to upgrade it in the near future tho mind, as it's going to get outdated fast, but it's nice for now.

What I'm hoping to do here is head off the flood of whines about the "uber" soldiers and their "uber" battlesuit. The flood which has already started, I've seen a number of posts scattered about talking about how we'll "own" once we have it .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Re: Re: With all three slots filled:

Originally posted by Ityn

ya not too shabby 93% reflect with TMS (no bracers for 100%) and 43% reflect with RRFE on. Damn that looks pretty sweet on top of a 5% natural immunity to doc debuffs.

I wouldn't laugh at the 75 NCU or the extra 2k AC either, with all these new low crit high average damage weapons that AC is going to make a difference.
    Its not reflect! we still have 30% reflect with rrf and 75% with tms. Its max reflect! that means it only increase the damage with is reflected back to the attacker. To explain it: When u hit someone with rrf then u see the damage. xxx reflect shield hit your for 49 points of damage. Now you will see xxx reflect shield hit your for 76 points of damage. But u still hit us with the same amount of damge. It doesn't reduce the damage u hit on us! ITs like a damage shield. The downside is with mod agg enhancer and a proj. bracer I have a 41% reflect shield or 86% with tms. With that suit I cannot use bracer and mod. agg enhancer. So I will only have 30% and 75% reflection

Your natural 5% immunity to "doc" debuffs is a addon card. We don't have that on the standard suit also I'm not if ppls will use that addon card.

The +75 NCU is very nice (but its addon card too) The +2k AC is nice too but one thing u are wrong again. With the min damage guns you hit with min damage! So we could have 100000k AC you still would hit with min damage! In pvm all mobs hit with min damage all outside bosses have a min damage too. You only need about 4k ac for missions. At 4k ac they will hit at min damage. I also checked those uber outdoor mobs (like OE, DS etc.) when I wear my mk2 armor then I have 4-5k ac. When I swith to fullset of CAS with all kinds of AC buffs then I have about 7k AC. They hit me with the same amount of damage - no different.

The AC is worthless in pvm. It would only be good in pvp, but as I said all the new guns have a high min damage which makes AC more or less worthless too now.

I don't say that armor is **** - its very nice and I will wear it cause I would love my new "unique" look. I also would love to have something special. But the armor isn't better as much other huge armor. A full set of Azure with a Notum Tank is uber! But the soldier battlesuit isn't uber. Its a very good armor for a soldier but not a uber one.

One thing which makes the armor totaly worthless for every soldier is that you cannot use a yalm when u wear a battlesuit. I hope that we can use a yalm with the soldier battlesuit. If not then well bank trash then. I would rarely or never wear it then. I mean think yourself playing AO without a yalm?
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

well you can't compare a full set of uber/rare armor to a one piece solution like this.

I mean how many raids do you have to attend to get a full azure set? How many people usually show up? and how many pieces of armor do you get in a 5 hour raid? are you even likely to get one piece of azure? hehe Still your battlesuit is nice Glad they finally made a viable bsuit, as they look different, and that should be rewarded :P
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Actually it's not one drop. 1 battlesuit and 3 upgrade cards . Can't see funcom making the upgrades easy to get just cause someone managed to get the suit .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Heh.

I understand the problem, Sredni, but I somehow have doubts people will accept that this problem (needing an upgrade to remain viable) will *eventually* afflict GA as well.

It's a nice OPTION, though. If nothing else, if the base suit is relatively easy to get, they can always introduce new cards to 'upgrade' the total suit.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

It's uber, not to the level of unbalancing, but it's damn uber. The sad thing is that it won't just cost the soldiers getting these things tens of hours to get, it will cost those soldiers' orgs 100s of hours of relatively unfun uber mob killing.

K Uber my ass.
    gear im using now statswise owns it and I know I can get alot better, might be good at 160, but not really much use higher on, not to mention rumours of no yalm/no scope with it.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    It's uber, not to the level of unbalancing, but it's damn uber. The sad thing is that it won't just cost the soldiers getting these things tens of hours to get, it will cost those soldiers' orgs 100s of hours of relatively unfun uber mob killing.
    arg, lol. How is it uber? My whole point here is that it isn't uber. The minute people start refering to this as uber is when people start using it as an excuse to block soldier fixes, and future luvin.

It's a small upgrade from easily aquired non soldier specific equipment. It's actually inferior if someone is able to aquire the multitude of special armors out there.

by HH Munro

Sbje: scope will work with it, yalm won't, barring any changes.

The social armor aspect only prevents use of armor. It's the polymorphed part that's going to screw up Yalms.

And may I suggest you ain't exactly the 'typical' soldier, in terms of what gear you have access to?

And Sanskrit - wait and see on the drop rate. If its an ubermob like the Diamondines/Obediencies, yeah, it'll suck. If it drops from a bossmob during the I assume people are going to want to do the dungeon anyways, right?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Sredni

arg, lol. How is it uber?
    You can start thread upon thread on its lack of uberness, but the fact is that this item rolls 100s of millions of credits worth of items into 4, is customizable in very meaningful ways, and ... it is uber! Compare it to the POSs they are giving other classes in the next patch... ask people to rank the ten most uber things in the next patch and this item and its upgrade WILL be in one of the top five slots of every honest person's list. Now define uber however you want, but to me that's pretty uber.

It's better than what is available now.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Hahaha looks like the soldiers are getting there own personal form of 'grid armor' uber in it's own right but extremely rare and (if not nodrop) extremely expensive. However it comes with negatives, just like GA.

Hahaha at last.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Heh no this items isn't CLOSE to being comparable to GA.
    Really the only noticeable bonus you'll get from wearing this armor (at least for an ungimped clan soldier) is the 2k ac, with a whole bunch of negatives. And we all know how much 2k more ac is gonna help, eh?
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

ok then. I've figured out what a typical soldier gains and loses wearing this suit. (typical soldier= decranums, 2xkaehlar sleeves, iqring, ring of luck, albrecht tank, bracers or reflect, pads mk3, +kevlar pads)

With that setup, with the bracers and rings at ql 160 a soldier gains these amounts switching to the abbadon (the abbadon as I would set it up)...

2500 AC
    70 hps
    40 ncu
    28 attack rating
    105 nano resist
    24 damage
    15% resist to burnt out armor and notum disruption
    5% resist to init debuffs
    +18 reflect damage

He loses

450 nano
    12% reflect
    4% xp
    16 first aid
    50 nano init
    23 def (the ring of luck)
    20 psychology
    21 ranged init
    72 full auto
    the ability to use a yalm

Now that's a typical soldier, a soldier with only a minimum of effort put into camping uniques. If you start adding things like dragon armor, or robust backpacks, or notum tank, or azure armor, or sentinels armor, or virral eggs, or... well then you start getting to the point where you gain more by not wearing the suit.

This suit is nice. I would be willing to give up the nano, reflect, xp, and other odds and ends for the extra AC, more NCU, and 105 nano resist. But I wouldn't be willing to give up my yalm for it. And if I had any uniques I doubt I'd be willing either.

I rest my case with this. I hope after seeing this you all can agree with me that this armor is Not uber, as some have whined.

ps: comparing this to GA is laughable at best

edit: forgot one of the losses
    Last edited by Sredni; Jan 16th, 2003 at 05:28:22.

by HH Munro

im all on your side, but i gota say that those khaelar sleeves have clan only tag on em and there are plenty of omni soldiers.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

, an omni soldier then...

gains
    2076 AC
    26 ncu
    100 attack rating
    ect

loses
    210 hps
    (doesn't lost the FA)
    ect

An omni soldier is gaining a big 100 pts of attack rating... but still... worth losing your yalm?

by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni

I rest my case with this. I hope after seeing this you all can agree with me that this armor is Not uber, as some have whined.
    ps: comparing this to GA is laughable at best
    edit: forgot one of the losses
    Well, agree with you 100% that it's not on the scale of GA. My definition of uber is a significant step forward in available gear, not "unbalancing" or "too good" so when I say it's uber, I mean it's a step forward. The thing I like about it is that it's a one piece solution. What I wouldn't give to have one thing be my "gear" for the most part. The biggest disad is the yalm thing, but there may be ways around that. For instance can you be parroted while it's on? Then any advy or high level agent could fix you up.

Most of the things in your loss column are kinda trivial for a soldier with a few exceptions and are you assuming that every mid-high level soldier has a 7% ring and the best defensive ring?

Yay, another level 300 mob drop. Who hoo the game needs more of that!
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

Originally posted by Sanskrit

Well, agree with you 100% that it's not on the scale of GA. My definition of uber is a significant step forward in available gear, not "unbalancing" or "too good" so when I say it's uber, I mean it's a step forward. The thing I like about it is that it's a one piece solution. What I wouldn't give to have one thing be my "gear" for the most part. The biggest disad is the yalm thing, but there may be ways around that. For instance can you be parroted while it's on? Then any advy or high level agent could fix you up.

Most of the things in your loss column are kinda trivial for a soldier with a few exceptions and are you assuming that every mid-high level soldier has a 7% ring and the best defensive ring?
    The 72 full auto is a serious loss to me, as is the 450 nano. And I assumed ql 160 rings and bracers actually , not ql 200 (because that's around the average ql of the gear I have myself).

Can't be parroted while wearing the suit I'm afraid. About the only way to travel with this suit equiped is to get a fixer grid ride, then with a run buff run to wherever you want to go. Or have an eng warp ya.

by HH Munro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast